So, any advice?

90 Draenei Shaman
Hello all,

I've recently re-rolled to this Shammy here. I've been searching for a long time to find my "Niche" in the various roles/classes, and even on alt accounts. I'm decent at anything given the time and opportunities to learn it, but I've yet to find that one thing I'm best at. I've tried it all, tanking, healing, and DPSing, all in various classes. I never really fell in love with anything. Until now that is. This isn't my first Shaman, but it is my first Resto Shammy. And out of all the various healers I've rolled, this is definitely my favorite. I've had more fun on this toon than any other. I've found it to be simple and straight-forward. Now, I know that everything is faceroll mode until some later things in Cata, and then pretty easy again until level 90. But from all I've seen/researched, and all I've heard from fellow Shaman healers, it stays relatively simple even at level cap content. We have our strengths, as well as our weaknesses (as does everything), but for the most part, all seems well. So I ask you, is it too good to be true? Have you any advice for when this toon dings 90? What are your preferred tactics as a Resto Shaman? And in your opinion, how do Restoration Shaman stack up against others? Any and all ***CONSTRUCTIVE*** feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time,

Decimåte.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If you play your class well, you'll do great.

Shamans are a very fun class, don't worry about how they are at 90 as of now because the time you hit level 90, it will probably be different then it is currently.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
5.2/5.3 has been a contentious raid tier for raiding resto shamans. Nonetheless, those who love the spec have made it work (mostly). Many of them have been really upset with Blizz, as evidenced by the multiple lengthy resto shaman threads which stayed on the main page of this forum for weeks.

Info coming from the PTR for 5.4 is indicating that there are major changes coming for resto shamans to address the problems so many have have been discussing. We're uncertain whether these changes are going to "fix" our problems in the long run, but they should certainly go a ways towards helping situations where there's been near-unanimus agreement: that we need serious help for spread-healing in raid content, and some help for movement-intensive fights.

Outside of that, though - as I've said, while there's been a lot of unhappy & disillusioned resto shammies around this last bit, I know the only time I felt like I might be a weak link in my raid (which is an admittedly casual 6hr/week group) was in the first weeks of 5.2 on Tortos.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thanks for the great feedback guys :) I have indeed read over 5.4 notes, and from what I see/know of Restoration Shaman, the changes only look good at the moment. Of course, this is subject to change at any given moment, but God knows I hope the changes go through as they are xD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]