Experienced Prot. Paladin's - PLEASE HELP!

90 Dwarf Paladin
Okay just a controversial question that I have come across.

At first when I began tanking and all the way up to just a few weeks ago I've always used seal of Truth knowing that paladin's generate threat off of holy damage producing spells. But in LFR and other places people have told me to use Seal of Insight for the self-healing helping out the healer and myself, also that the self-healing will generate more threat. But now other paladins are concerned on why I'm not using Seal of Truth?

Please post your opinions, Thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Use Seal of Insight. Back in 5.0, Seal of Truth was hotfixed to deal 80% or so less damage for Prot, and as such does pitiful amounts of damage.

Seal of Insight, however, heals for a LOT and will also generate more threat once your Vengeance gets rolling. It's, overall, the best tanking seal. It keeps you alive and helps you hold things on you.

I would only ever use the other seals if healing is no issue, or if you need to generate quick snap-threat on multiple targets with Seal of Righteousness. I use Righteousness for two hits or so on the bats when I'm tanking normal-mode Tortos, just to make sure I get aggro really fast, then I switch back to Insight because the healing is invaluable, and because it generates more threat once your Vengeance gets rolling.

TL;DR: Seal of Insight > All in almost every situation.
Edited by Emberstone on 7/22/2013 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Use Seal of Insight. Back in 5.0, Seal of Truth was hotfixed to deal 80% or so less damage for Prot, and as such does pitiful amounts of damage.

Seal of Insight, however, heals for a LOT and will also generate more threat once your Vengeance gets rolling. It's, overall, the best tanking seal. It keeps you alive and helps you hold things on you.

I would only ever use the other seals if healing is no issue, or if you need to generate quick snap-threat on multiple targets with Seal of Righteousness. I use Righteousness for two hits or so on the bats when I'm tanking normal-mode Tortos, just to make sure I get aggro really fast, then I switch back to Insight because the healing is invaluable, and because it generates more threat once your Vengeance gets rolling.

TL;DR: Seal of Insight > All in almost every situation.

What emberstone said, plus the battle healer glyph gives a lot of support to the healers too and its why prot pallys are ranking so well healing wise, (for now cause that glyph is being changed in 5.4) but still.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]