Burden of Guilt

100 Human Paladin
Are they really considering removing our slowing ability in exchange for a 15 second fear? This pisses me off to no end - every melee has a slowing ability, why are they removing this?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
We also have a slow, seal of Justice 50% slow.

In an arena setting burden of guilt is pretty meh... world pvp it was nice for chasing down mounted people while still doing full dps... and in bgs it was about the same, chasing down people that's about it.

Switch seals and you can still chase people down while doing slightly lower damage.

Adding more synergy to 2s and 3s opening more possibilities for ret in rated/arena is much better than just having simple snare on judgements.

Look at the big picture
Edited by Ritalynn on 7/17/2013 6:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
True, I guess that's what upset me the most... people just mounting up and running away from a fight every 4-5 times a battleground. It was nice not to have to Seal of Justice every time... but you're right at least we still have the ability.

I'm not the best at Arena, but I always found it easier playing with a rogue and DK because of their automatic slowing. So when they added it to the Paladin's judgment I was ecstatic.

Is there a macro for people who want to press one button to switch to Seal of Judgment and Judgment... or any popular SoJ macro in general?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

In an arena setting burden of guilt is pretty meh... world pvp it was nice for chasing down mounted people while still doing full dps... and in bgs it was about the same, chasing down people that's about it.

Switch seals and you can still chase people down while doing slightly lower damage.

Adding more synergy to 2s and 3s opening more possibilities for ret in rated/arena is much better than just having simple snare on judgements.

Look at the big picture

Seal of Justice doesn't cut it for a reliable slow. Being able to slow from range is pretty big deal in BGs and that is the venue ret needs the most help in. I don't understand why they are putting so much effort into giving us a fear we won't use. Ret is already doing fine in arena.
Edited by Lunanisqatsi on 7/17/2013 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Look at the big picture

Seal of Justice doesn't cut it for a reliable slow. Being able to slow from range is pretty big deal in BGs and that is the venue ret needs the most help in. I don't understand why they are putting so much effort into giving us a fear we won't use. Ret is already doing fine in arena.

Sure ret is doing "fine" in arena.

But if you haven't noticed, rated BGS are just full of "Rated BGS LF ranged DPS, LF lock" they are wanting more than just a heavy single target dps. Someone to be able to lock out a healer, fear someone, more synergy.

Fear is just another viable option that opens up more synergies and class makeups. Bringing more of a demand for ret.

Like all arenas/bgs, talents change based on what's needed. Sometimes I might want a fear, sometimes i might want a 30s stun.

Options, that's what we're getting.
Reply Quote
98 Blood Elf Paladin
while i understand that a fear is awesome and all.

the redesign of burden of guilt is pointless for us because its has a cast time, and basically it deprives us of another instant cc for lock pets/dk pets/priest pets because the instant cast glyph will probably be removed.

so basically its just a talentable DR change for holy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Okay, not sure why you are quoting me. We seem to be in agreement. Did you even read my post?

But if you haven't noticed, rated BGS are just full of "Rated BGS LF ranged DPS, LF lock" they are wanting more than just a heavy single target dps. Someone to be able to lock out a healer, fear someone, more synergy.

Fear is just another viable option that opens up more synergies and class makeups. Bringing more of a demand for ret.

Like all arenas/bgs, talents change based on what's needed. Sometimes I might want a fear, sometimes i might want a 30s stun.

I am well aware of ret's shortcomings in RBGs. That was kind of my point. I know others may disagree, but I think BoG is a strong talent in comparison to the other options in BGs.

If they would just allow judgments to proc SoJ I would be a happy camper. I can deal with switching seals when the needs arises. Then it would be win/win.

I still would have reservations about pallies getting a fear, but that's just because I think it sounds pretty "unpally-like" and out of place.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It looks like they may be turning Burden of Guilt into a major glyph.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It looks like they may be turning Burden of Guilt into a major glyph.

NICE! I hope they add this.. I can replace Divine Storm with BoG any time.. if they add this in, choosing between my Ret and Warrior will be one hell of a choice lmao.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
NOTE: currently has a 2 sec duration on the PTR
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
NOTE: currently has a 2 sec duration on the PTR

If you think it should be changed provide feedback on the PTR forum. Devs don't read class forums, and not getting enough feedback is the reason for a lot of unpopular class changes going through.
Edited by Vaelryn on 7/17/2013 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/17/2013 06:37 AMPosted by Ritalynn
Switch seals and you can still chase people down

Yeah that guy that is far away, just switch seals and hit him melee to slow him so you can chase him down and melee him....

/facepalm
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Never said it should be changed; I was just informing the thread
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Look at the big picture

Ret has soj the other 2/3 of the class. I do tank pvp and have to build up holy power with melee as well and seeing how my melee damage suck and doesn't blow up my target like ret my melee is used to set up my rotation I have to keep them slowed. It needs to be baseline for prot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Four seconds seems fair @ the Major, two seconds is rather weak.
I can finally drop this semi-useless WoG glyph! :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Evil has a point of View is gonna suck in 5.4.
Now that we know Turn Evil doesn't have a instant cast glyph due to the Burden of Guilt glyph.

So why pick a fear which you have to cast instead of FoJ?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So why pick a fear which you have to cast instead of FoJ?

It's for holy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]