New "skins" for current races.

90 Dwarf Hunter
Blizzard, I would like you to consider adding more customization to our characters and that means to let us play as clans that have already joined the Alliance/Horde or some that could join us by "X" reason. Here's an example, Dwarves have the Dark Iron clan, The Frostborn and I think the Earthen too (I would love to play as an Iron dwarf too) There's no reason why we shouldn't play them, it adds more to the game and makes players more unique too. As a roleplayer, I think this will bring more interesting storylines too. By the end of the Cataclysm it was quite obvious that every clan is struggling to survive, so it makes sense to make some of them join the Alliance/Horde. So here's my list of clans that I would like you make them playable:

Orcs: Bonechewer clan/Bleeding Hollow clan (Fel orcs), Dragonmaw clan, Blackrock clan, Mag'har

Trolls: Revantusk tribe (Forest trolls), Frostmane/Winterax tribe/Drakkari (Ice trolls), Sandfury tribe (Pretty much like Sul from ToT)

Tauren: Yaungol (We killed them, but we helped some of them too) and the Taunka.

Dwarves:Dark Iron dwarves, The Frostborn ,The Earthen ,Iron Dwarves.

Gnomes: Mechagnomes (related to Ulduar/The Storm Peaks)

Goblins: Gilgoblin and Zombie goblins (Death is money, friend!)

Night elves: Druids of the flame (Ragnaros is gone and Staghelm too)

Blood elves: Felblood elves

Extreme case: Saurok skin for Worgens and Night elves as Jinyu.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Want all of this so much.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
me want dark iron dwarves *throws money at blizz*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A couple of these are impossible. The fel ones for one. They are kill on sight for their respective races. They are not going to be joining the H / A.

Earthen maybe, if they could add armor to their models or just give dwarfs a Stoney couple of skins. Iron no as they are also kill on sight / no armor options. Just stick with your flask. Mechagnomes are the same... But it would be nice to have some way to become them.

Same with the Druid of the flame. They are considered traitors and heretics, probably the greatest crimes, even above murder, in night elf culture. There is no way they are becoming playable.

Trolls could be solved by adding more skincolors and two body types (forest / jungle) with that you could mix and match to your desired type.

Gilgoblins would be neat (can they surface?) would be funny to see goblins teaching them. Zombie should be alternate DK skins, if not already.

The rest should just be added with more skin tones.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Give the Trolls the Zandalari model. It's about time they learn proper posture.
Reply Quote
39 Orc Warlock
As Orissan points out, some of these are just impossible or impractical.

I am all for expanding our character creation options. In fact, I made a comment just a day or so ago to that effect, and thought it might be neat to have certain races "unlock" for you as feats when you create specific stories or arcs - like when the Horde brings the Dragonmaw or Taunka into their fold.

But some of the races you've listed are outright hostile to the Horde and Alliance - others are too "alien". If there is a story that brings a culture into either the Alliance or Horde (such as the Taunka or the Wildhammer and Dark Irons), then by all means, I'm all for it.

But groups such as the Gilgoblins or the Druids of Flame or the Mechagnomes? The Felblood and Wretched? No - I don't agree with those.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
07/20/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Grandfa
Extreme case: Saurok skin for Worgens

I don't care how nonsensical this is, I will throw as much money at Blizzard as is humanly possible to make this happen.
Reply Quote
40 Undead Warrior
I agree with the others about the impractical ones. But the rest are definitely common sense options that should have been added into the game by now.

For nightelves I'd love to see you have the choice between amber and silver eyes. Right now only males get amber, and females get silver. When both of them should get the option.

Undead should double their skin options. By letting them pick the current model they have and the BONELESS model that china has. They have to remodel both versions anyways, might as well let western gamers have a choice.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

But groups such as the Gilgoblins or the Druids of Flame or the Mechagnomes? The Felblood and Wretched? No - I don't agree with those.
Post-raid scenario, it's impossible to have them all wiped out, there must be some of them who are still alive. As for the Felblood , how will they feed their hunger of magic once they were defeated in the Sunwell raid/Outlands?

As for the Druids of flame they lost their leader and their purpose, since Ragnaros is no more, what are they going to do now? I think adding the druids of flame to the Night elves would actually make them more interesting, dividing their people into Staghelm's followers (An active role against the Horde) and Malfurion's (Pasive/Defensive role against the Horde).

Gilgoblins just think of Gallywix using them for money or something.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Post-raid scenario, it's impossible to have them all wiped out, there must be some of them who are still alive. As for the Felblood , how will they feed their hunger of magic once they were defeated in the Sunwell raid/Outlands?

It doesn't really matter, the lore just doesn't allow for this. As others pointed out, some are just straight up kill on sight. Sure one or two would logically abandoned their claims with the faction and try to join up, but more than one or two people are going to be playing these new skins. It just doesn't make sense. That being said I do support a few of the others that have been brought up. But Fel Orcs, Druids of the Flame, Gilgoblins and Mechagnomes, Felblood Elves.... I don't see it happening in Azeroth
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only reason I can see Gilgoblins is because they are just dumb enough and just greedy enough (assuming they can surface) that a goblin could easily train them with a shock coller and a gold ball. Perhapse they could be used as expendables / treasure gatherers. Maybe not a PC, but would be funny to see some of them being trained by NPC's

But fel blood ARE wiped out. The Sunwell ones were absolutely surrounded and massacred (shattered sun swarmed their well once they had a shot and they attacked with extreme prejudice) maybe a handful survive in outlands but they have a bounty on their heads at minimum.

Druids of the flame are also beyond screwed. Without Raggys protection, you really think their "hosts" are going to tolerate the meatbags in their realm? And what if they try to go back? Night elves, specially wardens, are not the forgiving type. They would be walking into a fate waaaay worse then letting themselves be incinerated. (Also, I am pretty sure yet are trying to make Tyrande all RAWR KILL HORDE (with mixed responses, justified) there would be no need to.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]