Unfun being a free kill

100 Tauren Shaman
Hi all,

So to start I just have to say I love healing, I heal PvE and until a few months back PvP. The reason is that out in the world when I'm doing quests by myself I simply just got fed up with being a free honor kill just because I enjoy healing so much.

I know all you healers know what I'm talking about. When a Dps drops in and starts going to town and your only recourse is to try to get to the nearest town or die, usually ending up being the later. It just got so frustrating knowing I can't do anything but die.

I understand this is incredibly fun for the attacker, but this is in no way fun for the victim, and after dealing with that since patch 5.0 I had enough and went Dps PvP.

Mainly, I love healing PvP arena/bgs but feeling completely powerless when questing just because I'm not a Dps is unfun.

I'm not even saying we have to be able to kill Dps, I'd just be glad to give all healers a 20/30min CD instant teleport/flight. A super uninhibited speed boost.

Please, anything to make it so I don't have to run back to my body all because I'm a healer.

Ty
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
As a healer you should be doing well in this situation, because you have the ability to keep yourself alive. After a few minutes of a DPS hitting me while I'm pegged at 100% health and ignoring them, they usually go away. If they are a class without decent self-heals, you might even be able to DPS them down with your weak healer DPS.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
My weak healer Dps isn't going to kill em :) with the amount of self healing a lot of classes have now has made it impossible for my to kill them. This is coming from a Shaman tool set.

Eventually they keep putting out dmg and slowing me to kill me, yes it takes a bit of time and rarely do I run oom (sometimes) It's mostly just a cc here and dmg their.

I have been able to get away from weaker dps, but with not enough tools to leave combat and mount up, against mediocre/hardcore dps I have no real hard disengage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It's because WoW PVP is really bad.

Sorry.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
[quote] It's because WoW PVP is really bad.

Sorry. [/quote

I enjoy the PvP in WoW. I really like healing it. I just don't lie being a free kill. My armory will show an Enhance PvP spec and with that I have tyran/malev gear. When I get attacked I fight right back.

But when I was healing spec, which is what I really like to do, I could do nothing but run or die. I hate it and find it unfun.
Edited by Snuglsanhugs on 7/21/2013 9:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
[quote] It's because WoW PVP is really bad.

Sorry. [/quote

I enjoy the PvP in WoW. I really like healing it. I just don't lie being a free kill. My armory will show an Enhance PvP spec and with that I have tyran/malev gear. When I get attacked I fight right back.

But when I was healing spec, which is what I really like to do, I could do nothing but run or die. I hate it and find it unfun.

I'd have to say that it's because your a shaman...from memory you're locked down just to heal yourself most of the time, while a druid/monk/priest can bubble, run and heal unhindered alot...and pallys glyph bubble hearth and macro /laugh too it as you disappear.

Shammys just have it bad because other than their SWG they're kinda stuck to stop every second to get a big heal out.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I would like to solo as a Resto shaman because it's what I identify myself as.

But wouldn't the simplest solution for the OP be to Fly to the trainer and drop the 100 gold for dual specialization?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Unless the skill gap is the size of the Grand Canyon or you have some real bad luck, a dps can't kill a healer 1v1.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is when being a night elf comes in handy :P Shadowmeld then fly awayyyyy!

I've done some world pvp on my disc priest and it's just laughable, they were not able to kill me in pve gear and eventually gave up. It's rather difficult to kill a healer 1v1.

You can still pvp as a healer, just use a dps spec if you really think you need to for dailies or whatever.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Why are you doing your quests in resto spec? Yuck!

Anyway the shaman toolkit is actually pretty great in a world pvp setting provided the attacker isnt a hidden mage blowing all their cds to get you from a distance. In that case, it wouldn't really matter what spec/class you were. :P

You've got lots of options.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
If it's 1v1 no one should be able to kill you. Killing them is another story though, I'll give it a shot on my disc sometimes depending on the class but often times I can't out dps their self heals. I have been worn down after a long time and succumbed to a dps but I'm talking like, several minutes.

Be sure to pull out all the 'annoying' skills you have though. For me that would be any of the first tier talents, scream, resto druid would be ursol's, roots, faerie swarm/typhoon, resto shaman binding totem, etc.
Reply Quote
39 Human Paladin
Roll a holy pally, you can bubble hearth if you need to.
Unless they have mass dispel or shattering throw you will always be able to get away.

Personally if it's 1v1 I like to fight them.
The bad ones you can kill eventually.
The average ones you can't kill if they have some self healing, but a lot of them will give up when they realize they can't kill you.
The geared really good ones I bubble hearth away from.

And yes I have a level 90 holy pally that does PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Life Cocoon > Roll x 3 > Glyph of Zen Flight > Mount in mid air = Awesome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]