Prot pally

90 Pandaren Monk
Now that i can generate 5 holy power do i save for 5. or just when i get 3 holy power use my spells and have the extra 2 spots available so i dont waste holy power
Reply Quote
If you have a Holy Power Generator (CS, J, etc.) off cd, generate a 4th or 5th. If all your spells that generate Holy power are on cd then use your finisher and consume the three.

In general: Holy Power Generator > Finisher > Generator with 5 Holy Power already. The only thing that changes this priority is need, as in if I am tanking and I don't use ShoR or WoG I am going to die.

edit: In Prot. or Ret. can't speak for Holy.
2nd edit: Keten is correct, you can use your finisher anytime as prot. You do want to use your generators on cd to be able to use ShoR and WoG as many times as possible in a fight. I generally use ShoR and stack the Healing increase on WoG to 5 and then save it for the small "oh Crap" moments that don't require a major cool down. Makes my healers life easier.
Edited by Galthael on 7/23/2013 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If you have a Holy Power Generator (CS, J, etc.) off cd, generate a 4th or 5th. If all your spells that generate Holy power are on cd then use your finisher and consume the three.

This is true for Ret, but not for Prot, because ShoR and WoG are off the GCD.

It's generally a good idea to wait for five Holy Power to use ShoR, because that means that you'll be able to use another one immediately (as soon as a generator is ready) should something bad happen. However, that's a guideline, not a rule; use ShoR whenever you need to (big attack coming in the next second, etc.).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
For Prot: Generally keep generating holy power until you have 5, then hit your SotR as your next HP generator comes off c/d as it isn't on the gcd. That way, like Keten said you'll have another one available should something bad happen. You should also make sure to have a shield up when there's a predictable attack coming that's on a boss timer (Horridon Triple Puncture, Ji'kun Talon Rake, etc.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]