Paladins Rejoice! 5.4 YES! :D

90 Draenei Paladin
Just want to say "thank you" to Blizz for ending the year long nerf-assault on Pallys with the 5.4 patch! Finally some cool and original changes (and our very own Fear spell! Time to get some revenge on those dirty locks LOL!) Thanks for listening to our gripes and requests. I really feel like we got some juice back with the upcoming changes! Ready to get back out there and kick some evil's butt!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As a ret I have no idea what this year long nerf assault is.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
OP is Holy; Holy has gotten the heavy end of the hammer pretty much the entire expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
That's how pallies have been usually, although, I will agree with Grognard, holy wasn't as OP as usual.

Anyway, rets are always OP at the end of an xpac with gear scaling, and garbage until then. Remember ret pallies in full cataclysmic gear save for a 416 gurth, and 2 piece 410 t13? Mmmmm... 2 shotting people and my WoGs were bigger than my LoH. Good days. Hope it holds true this time around.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Gotta be careful with confusing OP (original poster) and OP (overpowered) LOL! I actually was Protection, and even though we were nerfed along with the whole class, it felt more like Protection got made somewhat irrelevant :-/ And Daenie, I'm surprised to hear you say you haven't felt the nerf?! I know Blizz gave Ret a couple token boosts with 5.2 and 5.3, but the consensus I've seen across the board is that Ret has been ignored compared to its Death Knight and Warrior counterparts. I was Ret for a while, and I really wanted to love it, but when you can't get to melee, it sure makes it frustrating to survive another three minutes to get another shot at it. (I'm talking PvP of course).

So I went to Holy Shockadin, and lovin every minute of it! :D But I'm revisiting my Protection roots. And I think I will even more now with the upcoming boosts from Blizz. It's been a very frustrating year, IMHO. Thank you for the Pally love finally, Blizz! :)
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
07/24/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Klethazeroth
And Daenie, I'm surprised to hear you say you haven't felt the nerf?!

Any complaints about Ret have largely been either PvP related, or from people that utterly fail in PvE. Even at launch, Ret was in the best state it had ever been - smooth rotation, powerful burst, powerful utility. I've not personally experienced any issues with Ret this entire expansion, never felt underpowered except for those rare points where my weapon was lagging behind the rest of my gear; granted, most of my experience prior to last month was in LFR, but even the little normal raiding I had done prior to joining a new guild I was competing hard for top spot agains better geared players.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Gotta be careful with confusing OP (original poster) and OP (overpowered) LOL! I actually was Protection, and even though we were nerfed along with the whole class, it felt more like Protection got made somewhat irrelevant :-/ And Daenie, I'm surprised to hear you say you haven't felt the nerf?! I know Blizz gave Ret a couple token boosts with 5.2 and 5.3, but the consensus I've seen across the board is that Ret has been ignored compared to its Death Knight and Warrior counterparts. I was Ret for a while, and I really wanted to love it, but when you can't get to melee, it sure makes it frustrating to survive another three minutes to get another shot at it. (I'm talking PvP of course).

So I went to Holy Shockadin, and lovin every minute of it! :D But I'm revisiting my Protection roots. And I think I will even more now with the upcoming boosts from Blizz. It's been a very frustrating year, IMHO. Thank you for the Pally love finally, Blizz! :)

I've never had the problems with dueling other melee that you claim to have, my survivability is great (I am top 5 on BG heals consistently and clutch crit heals have won me countless games in arena), and my damage is passable without cooldowns, as is the damage of... Every other melee class? Except perhaps Death Knight damage. Necrotic hurts regardless of cooldowns.

On top of doing respectable damage and fantastic healing outside of cooldowns, I feel truly broken with cooldowns up. I feel my damage far surpasses the damage of my opponents with those beautiful wings and the glorious Ashbringer in my hands, and my healing is even stronger than before. On top of this, Ret defensive utility for teammates is unparalleled if played well.

Ret is strong this season, but it's not for everyone. I don't blame or condemn you for not liking it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I just wish they would give Ret a really cool "get over here" thing like Warriors have. And Scorpion ;)
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
...Warriors don't have a "Get over here!" - that's DKs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Oh yeah ;) You're right. Warriors can just punch through our invulnerability! I can accept that though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

I've never had the problems with dueling other melee that you claim to have, my survivability is great (I am top 5 on BG heals consistently and clutch crit heals have won me countless games in arena), and my damage is passable without cooldowns, as is the damage of... Every other melee class? Except perhaps Death Knight damage. Necrotic hurts regardless of cooldowns.

On top of doing respectable damage and fantastic healing outside of cooldowns, I feel truly broken with cooldowns up. I feel my damage far surpasses the damage of my opponents with those beautiful wings and the glorious Ashbringer in my hands, and my healing is even stronger than before. On top of this, Ret defensive utility for teammates is unparalleled if played well.

Ret is strong this season, but it's not for everyone. I don't blame or condemn you for not liking it.

I'm REALLY glad to hear you say that. And to the others as well who are posting and saying Ret doesn't suck LOL! I saw so many complaints for a while there that it was dragging me down. Maybe I'll give Ret a try again... who knows. But I'm just happy we got some nice buffs coming. Lots of classes came out well too. I think Blizz really listened to the part about people wanting interesting and exciting changes. They reworked the Glyphs and Talents a bit, and that's been a long time coming. I would love to see more, but overall I am really happy with this patch :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Honestly I'm very happy with the way Ret is going right now with PvP. Aside from being undesirable by RBG standards, I think we bring so much to the table and then some.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just wish they would give Ret a really cool "get over here" thing like Warriors have. And Scorpion ;)

We're Crusaders/Inquisitors. We don't tell people to "Get over here" or run like idiots at ludicrous speeds. We hunt them down like the implacable knights we are.

And then we make them pay for their crimes.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Hunter
OP. Please keep in mind the PTR is not done and the Developers have not even started tuning in regards to numbers. That is the last thing that they do.

Paladins could very well could get nerfed though from sheer numbers to "Balance" the class.

It aint over until it's live.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It aint over until it's live.

You are forgetting Hotfixes

It is never over
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Hunter
Don't crush his little draenei heart, lvl1 hunter. We have enough doomsingers among our own class, particularly in these forums.

Lol the class is fine. I agree that we are in a great spot. Which makes me think nerfs are coming. Whenever something is good it always get's nerfed. Like our burst is being nerfed in the GotAK change but it wont effect our sustained dps much at all.

I think the biggest nerf or "ner ner nee ner ner" move by Blizz at present is the proposed T16 Ret 4pc set bonus.
Reply Quote
07/25/2013 02:08 AMPosted by Aavvaavv
Like our burst is being nerfed in the GotAK change but it wont effect our sustained dps much at all.

The GoAK change is a loss of 8% strength (which translates to much less than 8% total damage) at the peak of our burst phase, and in exchange is a 67% uptime boost, which means 67% more Guardian melee attacks, and he hits pretty hard these days. It's a nontrivial buff to sustained.
Edited by Ravicana on 7/25/2013 3:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]