Duel Wielding For a 90 Death Knight

90 Human Death Knight
Okay I want to Start Duel Wielding,I have Blood and Frost Spec,Where Can I get Some Good DW have None Some Good Ones For a 90, Also Is there a difference in DW tanking or 2H Tanking and frost Any Difference Like For Example Should i DW for tanking and 2h for DPS or Does it matter? I have Seen The PVP DW and idk if i should buy those or not? Any Help would be Great.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
the only spec that can effectively dual wield is frost due to the Threat of Thassarian passive. that causes frosts most commonly used strikes to hit with both weapons.

dual wield tanking can be done but is a great deal weaker than using a 2 hander and should NOT be done. if you are going to tank you should only use 2handers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So where can i Find Some Good DWx2
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Should i just by the PVP onex2?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
buy*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you've just hit level 90 and you got some honor points and your going to be PvPing, then yes you could use them. However, if your going to be doing PvE, PvP weapons are useless.

Also, there are two things you should note:
1. DW Frost Death Knights currently (5.3) are the WORST damage spec in the entire game.
2. Even if your PvPing, there are some PvE 1 Handed items that are actually better than PvP Honor/Conquest weapons for PvP. (Ex: ToT LFR items are better than Honor, ToT Heroic are better than Conquest)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Also, there are two things you should note:
1. DW Frost Death Knights currently (5.3) are the WORST damage spec in the entire game.

No its not. Please get your head out of your @$$ before posting bull$hit like that.

Your "source" is a patchwerk style fight where there is NO movement and NO aoe, something that most fights DO have.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
So where can i Find Some Good DWx2

LFR or 10m are the only places you can find them.

If you're rich, you can purchase the 502 reborn weapons from Blacksmiths.

Also, is your shift key broken? I figured it has to be because its gotta be annoyingly difficult to hit it randomly like you are...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Ah okay thank you very much.
Reply Quote
REALISTIC DPS, google the information before you start criticizing someone

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic

But still, what you say is true. There are fights such as Horridon or Tortos where AoE and movement are involved (along with RNG), and in those fights it is possible that a DW Frost could do more DPS than other specs, but overall it's relevant to take notice of the significant drop DW Frost took in the DPS charts (Along with 2h Frost and Unholy).
Edited by Salenstor on 7/17/2013 9:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
DW Frost isn't the lowest. There area handful of others that are lower. P.S. do the sims still even realize that Obliterate hits for less than even Howling Blast? unless it procs/crits. Cause Simulation was loving using it to consume about ever unholy rune.
Reply Quote
P.S. do the sims still even realize that Obliterate hits for less than even Howling Blast? unless it procs/crits. Cause Simulation was loving using it to consume about ever unholy rune.

It is most likely that the simulations are using Obliterates over Howling Blasts (considering thats what Noxxic's own DW Guide states). Also, Obliterate might hit less than Howling Blast if you just compare the two, but in the long run having the Unholy Rune on cooldown could be more dps effective (Level 75 talents) but it would most likely depend on the player's skill and gear.
Edited by Salenstor on 7/18/2013 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Point is this. If it doesn't crit or proc rime I'm actually losing dps. That is based on the fact that every Howling blast does more. The unholy rune yes in theory offers more RP but it does cost you a loss at the time. Over use of obliterate is a more of a risk. It's also how many trying DW Frost really tank their dps. In particular look at if the sims don't use DnD in place of it. Once you get a decent amount of mastery and strength Howling Blast wins the battle in spades. Obliterate used on KM when you can't FS. Plague strike if you must.

I'm simply pointing out how a sim can even be flawed in how it decides which is better. Also lets not use Noxxic as our base line. It has Razor Ice on the Main Hand. Did they NEVER get the memo on how SR works?
Reply Quote
The only reason I stated Noxxic's guide in that comment is because that simulation was Noxxic's as well. But that is a good point, thank you for pointing that out to me, I'll stop using just Noxxic's simulations to base my conclusions.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Should also note even EJ points out that in a patchwerk that Simulationcraft can push haste ahead of mastery. Lets try to remember what mainly helps Obliterate? Yeah. Enough so that if you blindly let simulation give you stat weights as DW it can have you gem haste even to the point of full haste gems. Sims are a tool and at times a dangerous one or a good aid. But Obliterate can be the bane for your dps if you blindly hit it. I've seen DW Frost in LFR doing horrible dps to see their dry swings higher on their damage just because they were using Obliterate so much. In the long run they were actually doing a lot less damage and not even taking advantage of their mastery at all.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
REALISTIC DPS, google the information before you start criticizing someone

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic

But still, what you say is true. There are fights such as Horridon or Tortos where AoE and movement are involved (along with RNG), and in those fights it is possible that a DW Frost could do more DPS than other specs, but overall it's relevant to take notice of the significant drop DW Frost took in the DPS charts (Along with 2h Frost and Unholy).

Stopped reading at Noxxic. I guess we found your problem, use a $hitty site, and you're going to get $hitty wrong info.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]