How do you live against 4-5 DPS?

91 Worgen Druid
07/20/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Kitchenslave
No. It doesn't. I should be able to quest in the gear I've earned in PvE. I'm tired of being an "easy gank" for asshats who feel the need to harass players just trying to go about their business.

You went to a PvP server. You knew or should have known its consequences.

Yeah it should be removed. Or at least it needs to just be applied in instanced PvP. Not everywhere. Or it needs to go back to PvP gear, and PvE'ers need to actually do PvP and earn PvP gear to be able to survive in a PvP environment.

This pretty much kills world PvP because people who do not have access to PvE gear are at a disadvantage against fully PvE geared players. Sure you may argue that PvP gear has PvP power, however, PvE gear doesn't get scaled down to 496 (which is the ilvl of Tyrannical gear) in world PvP. So 496 geared PvP'ers are getting owned by 520-540 ilvl PvE'ers even though they have 30% PvP power in a PvP situation? I don't know about you, but that's not right.

Everything's pretty much getting handed to PvE'ers. And this is why PvP is in such a horrible state right now.

This isn't a thread about whether resilience should be baseline or not. Let's not turn it into that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/20/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Kitchenslave
No. It doesn't. I should be able to quest in the gear I've earned in PvE. I'm tired of being an "easy gank" for asshats who feel the need to harass players just trying to go about their business.

Yeah it should be removed. Or at least it needs to just be applied in instanced PvP. Not everywhere. Or it needs to go back to PvP gear, and PvE'ers need to actually do PvP and earn PvP gear to be able to survive in a PvP environment.

This pretty much kills world PvP because people who do not have access to PvE gear are at a disadvantage against fully PvE geared players. Sure you may argue that PvP gear has PvP power, however, PvE gear doesn't get scaled down to 496 (which is the ilvl of Tyrannical gear) in world PvP. So 496 geared PvP'ers are getting owned by 520-540 ilvl PvE'ers even though they have 30% PvP power in a PvP situation? I don't know about you, but that's not right.

Everything's pretty much getting handed to PvE'ers. And this is why PvP is in such a horrible state right now.

Sorry the game isn't about you. :)
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Priest
Sorry the game isn't about you. :)

and this game isn't about you being able to do quests peacefully in a pvp server.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Oh good, a discussion about whether or not someone should be able to survive an onslaught, and we get the rabid PvPers trouncing in and ruining a helpful thread. Awesome.
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Priest
07/20/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Loratabb

you have to admit tho if you want to pve you have to be on a pvp server 4/5 top progressed both US and EU servers are pvp.

If you want to pve there are more options and more progressed guilds on pvp servers than pve. Its just a fact of the game.

So in many ways its not really a option if you want to do HM content

but that doesn't change the fact that it's a pvp server and you should know what lies ahead. ganking has always existed, and it forever will.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Been getting some practice in Temple of Kotmogu. If I see large groups up top and not in the middle I will run into the middle of them. Once they notice me I put up renewing mist and try to break los by jumping down into mid and hugging the wall, then running back up the stairs. Liberal use of chi torpedo. If I get rooted with a mage or ele shaman near me I pop diffuse magic and then Fortifying brew. I can usually escape even with 4 on me sometimes 6. Just keep spamming balls as I run. The only times I die is when I panic and stop to try and get enveloping mist up cause then I get kicked and its over. Its actually funny cause half their team is chasing me means they arent going for orbs. Gotten to the point where I can finish BGs with 0 deaths. Seems getting used to maps and where I can break LoS is the key to trolling half their team.
Edited by Dabrix on 7/20/2013 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
but that doesn't change the fact that it's a pvp server and you should know what lies ahead. ganking has always existed, and it forever will.

I came here to raid. I actually don't enjoy PvP. :) Unfortunately, all the top guilds are on PvP servers. I personally don't know why that is, but I want to raid, so here I am.

I'm sorry that you can't gank me as much as you want. I'm also sorry that I'll probably kill you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is why we can't have nice things.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Been getting some practice in Temple of Kotmogu. If I see large groups up top and not in the middle I will run into the middle of them. Once they notice me I put up renewing mist and try to break los by jumping down into mid and hugging the wall, then running back up the stairs. Liberal use of chi torpedo. If I get rooted with a mage or ele shaman near me I pop diffuse magic and then Fortifying brew. I can usually escape even with 4 on me sometimes 6. Just keep spamming balls as I run. The only times I die is when I panic and stop to try and get enveloping mist up cause then I get kicked and its over. Its actually funny cause half their team is chasing me means they arent going for orbs. Gotten to the point where I can finish BGs with 0 deaths.

The only way to kill a monk is to pin them down, in my experience. If you can't pin them down, you don't really have a chance.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
This is why we can't have nice things.

@OP: That, is fantastic. xD
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Only those who are bad at world PvP complain about baseline resilience. Those who are good at it appreciate the challenge.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Only those who are bad at world PvP complain about baseline resilience. Those who are good at it appreciate the challenge.

Still waiting for you to kill me, Mooseface.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I just need you to move a leeeetle closer to the edge of that cliff.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I just need you to move a leeeetle closer to the edge of that cliff.

I think you're up to no good. No, you move a bit closer to that cliff.

*retalents*
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
No good? I just wanted you to appreciate the lovely view from up here.

Talents? Er, why would you want to look at my talents? Druids don't have anything interesting, especially not in the level 45 slot.

*Innocent look*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
No good? I just wanted you to appreciate the lovely view from up here.

Talents? Er, why would you want to look at my talents? Druids don't have anything interesting, especially not in the level 45 slot.

*Innocent look*

Oh, I needed to fix my Talents.

*Dominate Mind!*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Divine shield gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]