DPS not where it should be PVE

90 Human Paladin
I'm having trouble figuring out why my DPS is lower than expected. I am a 503 Ilv Ret and I pull about 90k dps single target any help would be appreciated
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
90k seems right for your gear, though there is a lot of room for improvement on your gear.

No belt buckle, not a single damned enchant anywhere!, orange gem in your sword's yellow socket, over hit cap, excessively over expertise cap - and still forging into it!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Gerrilas, as stated above, you should enchant/gem and reforge better your itens.
http://www.icy-veins.com and http://www.askmrrobot.com can help you out a lot. You need to stay near 7,5% in hit and expertise, never lower or higher.
Hope it helps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Simcraft set to light movement/fire hot spits out just about dead on 100k, and helter skelter/average 88k. Your dps is probably exactly what your gear, as it currently exists, should be giving you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Okay thanks but I am currently at 7.25 hit and 7.75 expt :O isn't that right?
Edited by Gerrilas on 7/24/2013 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I forget the exp xap, but your exp is actually at 10% atm. You might have forgotten about the human exp racial factoring in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think it still has to update or something then because I'm looking at it :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That plus you're using PvP gear. Sure it's Tyr gear, but you're stuck with a useless set bonus and stat which is throwing off your dps as well. I'd say undo the reforge on your gloves and reforge to haste at the very least

Fml, this is what I get for not having my coffee before posting.

7.50 hit is where it needs to be.
Edited by Jinzo on 7/25/2013 3:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/24/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Jackishi

I forget the exp xap, but your exp is actually at 10% atm. You might have forgotten about the human exp racial factoring in.

7,5% on both. Put on http://www.askmrrobot.com and enjoy. I think it's the easier way right now. When you get "used" to reforging, you can do it by yourself. But Mr Robot is really nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah I have yet to get a drop.. I'm working on it! Thanks for your help. I was being told that my DPS should be at 130k with my current item level and it had me worried.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah I have yet to get a drop.. I'm working on it! Thanks for your help. I was being told that my DPS should be at 130k with my current item level and it had me worried.

Whoever told you that is an idiot and told you that because they looked at what noxxic said a "502" ilvl ret paladin should do, but they have no idea what it actually means. Mostly it means they read noxxic and believe the idiotic things that are on it... but even if you fix the things that are wrong with your current gear, your current gear is not going to get you 130k. It's not going to get anyone else 130k either.
Edited by Cayse on 7/24/2013 8:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Any idiot telling you that is probably basing it off an arbitrary and in no way truly indicative simulation, likely from Noxxic. Those sims are based on an incredibly specific set of gear, and any deviation from that set will skew the data.

And, yes, if you haven't logged out since adjusting your hit and expertise, they aren't updated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you don't mind taking a look, is that better? I redid my reforge and got a few enchants.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Need to bring hit and expertise up; don't want to run the risk of not getting HoPo when you need it. Otherwise, much better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Also, try and get some tier gear - stats aren't important if it gets you a set bonus. Ret's T15 set bonuses are amazing. With the getting to hit and exp cap, try reforging the mastery on your neck into something - that should hit you the cap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Okay, I had my coffee. You're only .25% off from hit cap so you could probably undo the reforge on your Feather trinket and that may be enough for hit cap.
Edited by Jinzo on 7/25/2013 3:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd turn off your helm graphic, you'll prob do more dps not looking like a banana.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd redo the reforge on your Spinescale ring. Reforge the crit to haste and that should put you at or above hit cap.

Also, finish enchanting your gear. If you don't want to spend the gold on the best enchants get the lesser enchants as they are much cheaper.

Other than that you look fine and any dps increase will have to come from gear or how you handle your priorities and movement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]