Please don't flame me ... Why not Healium?

90 Night Elf Druid
Answer to the title of your post:

Because it looks revolting.

Vuhdo. Get it. Learn it. Love it.

It's ugly. I can't get it to look as pretty as Healium.

Grid is ugly.

Healbot is ugly.

I like pretty. Healium is pretty. And it's fine on my screen, and I scale down it's UI. Plus it's clique and mouseover macro friendly, so I don't have to click every freakin' button on it.

I use Healium, and I love it. Love love love it. But I do bust out the ugly grid for 25 mans, because I haven't set up Vuhdo for my Priest. (I did for my Shaman and Druid though... so it's not like I can't use it, I just don't like the look and I hate keybinding things to mouse.

Now... onto responding to the original post.

VuhDo and grid is very easy to make look "pretty". Using healium is just gimping yourself :/ I just can't fathom using it to heal with.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
, but even the class colors in vuhdo aren't the exact class colors used by wow so it annoys me to no great end.

Options-Colors-Class, hit the color swatch and change the class colors however you want.
If you want to match them up exactly to default get
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18580-ColorPickerPlus.html
copy the values off of default and then paste it into the color picker in vuhdo.
If you want to change default class colors too:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12513-ClassColors.html
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://oi39.tinypic.com/15ehi01.jpg

This image isn't any better. Plus youre doing a 10 man BG, how does that look in LFR?

I find it highly unnecessary to see your spell icon more than once anywhere on your screen.

The only way to make it fit well with 25/40mans is to make the icons ungodly small

Actually in LFR or 25 mans, Disc is typically a Tank Healer. So I basically just use the Tank option and all I really have is the 2 Tanks and nobody else. I can heal faster since I never have to move my mouse, but ignore the raid because my atonement will spot heal as necessary. So it's actually less cluttered. And it's LFR, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

VuhDo and grid is very easy to make look "pretty". Using healium is just gimping yourself :/ I just can't fathom using it to heal with.

I haven't seen a Pretty Grid anywhere. I do use Vuhdo on some of my healers, but it just isn't as pretty. But I think where people trip is that people make the assumption that you are, in fact, clicking the icon buttons to heal with healium. Using Clique, I just hover over the name and hit my keybind and never have to click target, click an icon, or click cast.

I listed the weaknesses of Healium, so I'm aware of what it's lacking. I do use Vuhdo, so I know what it can do. Despite all that, I still prefer Healium and use Weak Auras to make up the lack. I just haven't gotten around to making more Weak Auras for Disc so I can shed buttons and reclaim some real estate. But really, it's not taking up that much room.

A lot of UIs cut out more from the lower portion of the screen and place your name plate and target name plates under your character. I have more room there just less on the lower left side.

07/19/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Sedivy
, but even the class colors in vuhdo aren't the exact class colors used by wow so it annoys me to no great end.

Options-Colors-Class, hit the color swatch and change the class colors however you want.
If you want to match them up exactly to default get
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18580-ColorPickerPlus.html
copy the values off of default and then paste it into the color picker in vuhdo.
If you want to change default class colors too:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12513-ClassColors.html

I'm gonna try that... because not having an exact match really really irks me. If it can be done, then Vuhdo should just use that as a default. I mean, I accept that Healium requires outside add ons to track all I want, but Vuhdo is supposed to be the "all in one" add on and the fact that I need a separate add on to make it an exact match annoys me. Other add ons do it just fine, why doesn't Vuhdo?

And yes, I have clicked class colors, and that's what started my whole tirade ;)
Edited by Feythylan on 7/19/2013 11:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Actually in LFR or 25 mans, Disc is typically a Tank Healer. So I basically just use the Tank option and all I really have is the 2 Tanks and nobody else. I can heal faster since I never have to move my mouse, but ignore the raid because my atonement will spot heal as necessary. So it's actually less cluttered. And it's LFR, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

Are we playing the same game?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Nah.

MANTIDS TO THE FACE, SOUP. (I will explain this later, I swear.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I hope it's a reference to a PTR fight, because I don't want my face covered in sticky resin.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I hope it's a reference to a PTR fight, because I don't want my face covered in sticky resin.

Totally is.

Also, WAVES. WAVES. And...Dizzying Haze because I'm bad. :(

BOMBS ARE HARD, YO.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/19/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Icecreamsoup

Yes. Yes we are. LFR is a joke to heal. But I also am a Heavy Atonement healer, since I use the haste meta instead of the healer meta. For Disc, mana is just not an issue.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
07/19/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Feythylan
I haven't seen a Pretty Grid anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5J0zCUNenw

Whether you like the aesthetic I went with or not, it's a clean, highly functional, pretty grid
zzz
you can (generally) make any of the good 3 look like any of the other good 3

Also:
Actually in LFR or 25 mans, Disc is typically a Tank Healer

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Whether you like the aesthetic I went with or not, it's a clean, highly functional, pretty grid
zzz

That's just it. I want more color. If I wanted black and function, I'd use Vuhdo more. I'm into color and icon recognition. I don't like dots on the frame to track things..what are they? I want the icon. They have PoM's icon... In the video, the disc priest is constantly moving off the frames to cast offensive spells. I don't need to do that.

Functional, yes. My aesthetic? Not even close.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

zzz

That's just it. I want more color. If I wanted black and function, I'd use Vuhdo more. I'm into color and icon recognition. I don't like dots on the frame to track things..what are they? I want the icon. They have PoM's icon... In the video, the disc priest is constantly moving off the frames to cast offensive spells. I don't need to do that.

okay.

This is old, but I have exactly that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_llCmt6zsE
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
If I wanted black and function, I'd use Vuhdo more

oh my god are you mentally retarded?
nvm, don't answer that. I'll assume you're over 40 and don't understand computers very well

Vuhdo, grid, grid2 are all highly customizable in look and feel.

Stop being a dumbass
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I don't want my face covered in sticky resin

*coughs*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
That's grid? It reminds me of Vuhdo. It is better and I see you make the written names into class colors. I still would prefer the health bars the class colors. Ah, PoH spam... I remember it well!

Just out of curiosity, am I the only person who uses a targeting macro for offensive spells? I always see Disc Priests moving their mouse off their frames to cast offensively.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/19/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Evry
If I wanted black and function, I'd use Vuhdo more

oh my god are you mentally retarded?
nvm, don't answer that. I'll assume you're over 40 and don't understand computers very well

Vuhdo, grid, grid2 are all highly customizable in look and feel.

Stop being a dumbass

I am older yes. Thanks for that.

Yes, I understand their customizable. I took 4 hours to set up Vuhdo to an acceptable level. You must be young because you're technologically savvy. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/19/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Feythylan
That's grid? It reminds me of Vuhdo. It is better and I see you make the written names into class colors. I still would prefer the health bars the class colors. Ah, PoH spam... I remember it well!

That is an option in VuhDo. I just have it set up to do something else. You can do exactly that with VuhDo.

Just out of curiosity, am I the only person who uses a targeting macro for offensive spells? I always see Disc Priests moving their mouse off their frames to cast offensively.

Probably not, but I also don't always focus the tank's target in a fight. Like today, on the PTR, I was on add duty.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

The thing is that you are way overthinking healing priorities to insist on having icons for everything. Let us consider what you really need to know when healing as a disc priest.

1. Who has Agro
2. Who has Spirit Shell
3. Who has PW:S/Weakened Soul
4. Who has DA
5. Who has a debuff

That's it pretty much. You don't need to track anything else, nor do you need a button next to a raid frame for every spell that you could use when mouseover casting is faster.

One thing you have to understand about mouseover casting is that for a lot of people using it become automatic. You subconsciously press whatever modifier keys are needed for every spell without even thinking about it. In fact if you use clique as you say you do I suggest you start disabling those icons one at a time until you have no more left up. You will be surprised.
Edited by Tiesha on 7/19/2013 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ah, I tried the class colors in Vuhdo, and they weren't the standard ones used by Blizzard.

Gonna go get: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18580-ColorPickerPlus.html
to see if I can get the exact match to Blizzard's default in Vuhdo.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
That's it pretty much. You don't need to track anything else, nor do you need a button next to a raid frame for every spell that you could use when mouseover casting is faster.

Sigh. I do mouseover cast. I also explained in my earlier post what the dangers are of clicking icons to cast spells with Healium. That's annoying... Healium doesn't mean you can't mouseover cast. Mouseover macros work on the frame, clique works over the frame, so it functions like any other raid frame in that respect.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
No macro here, I just target the boss and tab from there if needed. Every healing class has something they can be tossing at an enemy.

Casting Penance as a mouseover for both enemy and friendly targets sounds like a disaster. Game-field hitbox targeting is not a precise science.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]