Please don't flame me ... Why not Healium?

90 Human Priest
07/19/2013 02:35 AMPosted by Trollmendous
It's ugly. I can't get it to look as pretty as Healium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wil6o0oJvyM You think this is ugly?

Are those cast bars/timers part of Vuhdo too? If so I may need to say goodbye to grid, if not what are you using?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
my friend my friend my friend... use clique.

just get it, take time to keybind your spells. you will be doing yourself the largest favor in healing.

it will work with almost any ui I know of, including elvui or even wow's standard raid frames.

very useful, efficient, simple and versatile. used it for years, never going for anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Are those cast bars/timers part of Vuhdo too? If so I may need to say goodbye to grid, if not what are you using?

They're definitely not part of VuhDo, but I'm not sure what they are. They could be Weak Auras, but don't quote me.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Druid
07/26/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Snewplion
I disliked that I basically "needed" a click-cast mod to go along with it though.

You don't *need* one.

I use one simply because it lets me keep my first 5 hotkeys bound to something that I use more frequently.

My right hand never leaves my mouse, so anything that isn't on 1-6 on my number row gets clicked. I don't use modifiers. I can't stand modifiers. Left control is my vent PTT key, and I use a three button ergonomic mouse(yay ulnar tunnel issues!) Since 1-6 is taken by important stuff on my main bar, putting a mouseover macro for dispels wouldn't fit, and to target click and then click a cast is just something I don't want to bother with. I prefer to keep the boss or my current Lifebloom tank targeted.

So I have Clique installed. For one spell on four toons.

07/26/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Snewplion
Compare setting up Vuhdo and the sheer array of options it has to grid, healbot, or much of anything.

Most people set up Vuhdo and it ends up being information overload.

I want to see very few things on my raid frames:

Who has aggro
Who has a debuff that needs dispelled/what type is it
Who has that gnarly raid debuff we need to watch(Frigid Assault stacks, etc)
HP bars to whack a mole with heals
Where my hots are and their stacks/remaining duration.
Mana on the healers.

My frames are a simple rectangular box color coded by class. That bar is their HP bar. The blue bar under it is their mana bar.

The whole thing is red instead of class color when they have aggro.
The border is color coded by debuff type when there's one to dispel. Brown = disease, green = poison, purple = curse, blue = magic. Center icon is raid debuff. Upper left indicator is Lifebloom. Red = 1 stack, yellow = 2, Green = 3. Top right is Rejuv. Green, yellow, red in remaining duration. Red means its going to drop soon. Bottom right indicator is Wild Growth. Uses same coloring as Rejuv.

I need no other information. I can set Grid up to show me this in less than 10 minutes. Most of my time spent setting up Grid is getting placement and textures and text size/font to my picky liking.

My screenshot up above there shows it, but it's not a combat shot and I keep forgetting to take them. ><
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/31/2013 12:01 AMPosted by Gozreh

Speak for yourself. It isn't information overload for me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/31/2013 12:20 AMPosted by Tiriel

Same. I was actually overwhelmed with setting up vuhdo at first, but then realized how easy it was to customize :D Has several defaults you can choose from that aren't bad. I prefer seeing icons instead of colors when it comes to spells/debuffs/whatever.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
07/26/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Kyindara

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wil6o0oJvyM You think this is ugly?

Weak Auras and Gnosis
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

When I first made the switch from Healbot to Vuhdo, I was confused by the amount of options I had with it. I was lazy, and didn't feel like going through it all, uninstalled it and went back to Healbot. I eventually switched to Grid + Clique, and enjoyed that for a while. Then I decided to give Vuhdo another try, and decided to read each option. Once I got it set up, I loved it, and still do. Heck, I randomly decide to change the look of it, just to spice things up every now and then. There are just so many different ways you can make Vuhdo look, it makes it visually satisfying. :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Vuhdo will show you as much information as you want. For example. I don't need role icons for my main group since I know who is doing what so i turn that off.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
07/31/2013 12:56 AMPosted by Veroicone

Same. I was actually overwhelmed with setting up vuhdo at first, but then realized how easy it was to customize :D Has several defaults you can choose from that aren't bad. I prefer seeing icons instead of colors when it comes to spells/debuffs/whatever.

Same for me. In fact, I find that I'm still adding things to it that I want to be able to see.

As far as I can see there are two basic and serious problems with Healium. The first is that it takes up way too much screen space with redundant information. The second, and I feel most important, is that you will be spending way too much time moving your mouse all over your screen to cast your spells. Healium frames and all their heal buttons will cause you to focus most of your attention on them, distracting you from seeing other things you need to notice on your screen. Travel time of your mouse around your screen will delay your casts and people will not get healed as quickly and efficiently as they could if you used a different set up.

A lot of people will argue personal preference, but that really is just what you're used to. A new way of healing feels awkward when you first try it because it's new, not because what you'd done before was better. Building new, more efficient habits takes time and can be difficult, but if you're looking to be the best healer you can, it is completely worth the effort to change those habits.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Did not take long for me to be a Vuhdo convert. I admit I checked out some Youtube tutorials to help me set it up, but hey, if its available as a reference, why not use it.

After I got it set up the way I thought I liked, I still found myself struggling to keep up with other healers, whether it was my co-heals in 10 man or in LFR. My friends all figured it was my gear, but I tend to make the most of what gear I have at the time in the other specs I play, so I didn't agree. I thought maybe it was my reflexes, so I decided to try binding my main heals to my mouse...

Omg, what a night and day difference! Even with my cheapo three-button mouse, it makes all the difference in the world. While yes, I have got a few gear upgrades, my throughput has increased dramatically with really a lot less effort. My big test will be tonight when our alt team heads into ToT for the first time.

Now, if I could just remember that I am NOT the tank this time...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]