Satchels of Exotic Mystery

90 Dwarf Death Knight
Hey quick question for you healers that I couldnt find a current topic on. Do you guys get these satchels for first heroics of the day or is that just tanks?
Reply Quote
12 Tauren Druid
Those things rarely show up for healers and when they do you usually have to put in some effort to make sure to queue right when you see it, or else the reward will be gone in a second.

I don't know why the thing is so hard to get. As far as I'm concerned, if dps (or even healers) are having to wait in queues for more than a few minutes, then the satchel should show up, at least the tanking one.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Those things rarely show up for healers and when they do you usually have to put in some effort to make sure to queue right when you see it, or else the reward will be gone in a second.

I don't know why the thing is so hard to get. As far as I'm concerned, if dps (or even healers) are having to wait in queues for more than a few minutes, then the satchel should show up, at least the tanking one.

Yeah the tank one actually does show up pretty much all the time for me, thanks for answering the question (just to be sure, it can show up if I'm quick?)
Reply Quote
12 Tauren Druid

Yeah the tank one actually does show up pretty much all the time for me, thanks for answering the question (just to be sure, it can show up if I'm quick?)

No, first you have to be lucky about when you're looking to queue. Then, if it does show up, you need to make sure that when the queue pops that the reward is listed, otherwise it means you were too late on hitting queue. And it goes away really fast every time I've seen it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight

No, first you have to be lucky about when you're looking to queue. Then, if it does show up, you need to make sure that when the queue pops that the reward is listed, otherwise it means you were too late on hitting queue. And it goes away really fast every time I've seen it.

What? So you have to decline the queue and reque until you get the bag to remain until you hit accept?
Edited by Nogath on 7/18/2013 4:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are addons that will automatically queue you when a satchel is available.

What? So you have to decline the queue and reque until you get the bag to remain until you hit accept?

If you requeue when the satchel isn't up, you don't get the reward. If you don't want to use an addon, you have to be speedy.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
There are addons that will automatically queue you when a satchel is available.

If you requeue when the satchel isn't up, you don't get the reward. If you don't want to use an addon, you have to be speedy.

I see, mind giving me a name of one? I don't really know how I would go about searching for one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
07/18/2013 04:35 AMPosted by Oxford
Then, if it does show up, you need to make sure that when the queue pops that the reward is listed, otherwise it means you were too late on hitting queue.

I haven't seen a satchel in ages. But I don't believe that is true. If you see it in the list and hit queue, it often pops without showing the reward (most of the time it doesn't) but you still get it if you completed the dungeon.
Reply Quote
12 Tauren Druid

I haven't seen a satchel in ages. But I don't believe that is true. If you see it in the list and hit queue, it often pops without showing the reward (most of the time it doesn't) but you still get it if you completed the dungeon.

I've tried twice. See the satchel, queue while its there (and its within a second or so, I don't wait), queue pops, complete dungeon, don't get satchel.

I'll probably just get that addon. I need excuses to farm JP for all those heirlooms anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
07/18/2013 05:20 AMPosted by Ocyla
Then, if it does show up, you need to make sure that when the queue pops that the reward is listed, otherwise it means you were too late on hitting queue.

It has been true recently. I see the healer satchel listed about once a week, and if it isn't shown when the queue pops, I never get it. If it does show, I always get it, even if people drop in the middle of the dungeon and we have to requeue for a replacement.

It seems like the satchel is more likely to be available earlier in the reset.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It has been true recently. I see the healer satchel listed about once a week, and if it isn't shown when the queue pops, I never get it. If it does show, I always get it, even if people drop in the middle of the dungeon and we have to requeue for a replacement.

This has been happening to my DK tank as well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I've gotten two or three Satchels since I started healing at the start of MoP.

During Cata, when I'd tank, I'd easily get half a dozen Satchels in a day of playing. Every queue would be a satchel.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Ive had maybe a dozen since MoP hit, and Ive found that if the satchel isn't listed when queue pops that your not going to get it and its better to just decline and wait a few minutes to see if its offered again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Hm maybe they changed it then. You use to still get it even if it didn't show up.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I got a Satchel last night.

It had an Agility flask in it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I got a Satchel last night.

It had an Agility flask in it.

Yeah the damn things usually have gems but every once in a while its a great reward, sold a few pets for 6 or 7k total from the bags I've gotten. Anyway, thanks for all your replies guys
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yes, totally worth it for the rare rewards.

Got my green protodrake from one
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
THE SATCHEL'S A TRAP!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's not very common, but not very rare. There's an addon to alert you to the satchel when it's available for healers too. I rarely go more than a day or two without one and I don't use the addon or do 5 mans often.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
CTA hawk, satchelscanner and CTA watch will all let you know if the healer bribe is up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]