When does healing become challenging?

90 Human Priest
Healing generally becomes challenging when your fellow party members start acting like idiots.
It also becomes more fun when party members start acting like idiots.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
It becomes challenging whenever you group is made up of dimwits.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Wave: 7

lol yeah, damn pyroblasts

No CC besides wave knockback works on them either ;(

If you knock all 3 back when they spawn they won't rain of fire. Pop hotw+tree+innervate right before they start their garbage and you sorta just have to hope they don't all 3 target one guy at a time, or if any single person takes 2 doubles in a row, it's kinda over :D

Once you get one of them down, it's really a matter if you'll oom with the 2 remaining, that's what usually happens to me D:

I imagine a pally could easily beat that wave if they burned all their CDs for the phase, gotak seems OP for it. As for druids... it really depends on luck IMO.
Edited by Gamex on 7/23/2013 12:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/23/2013 12:48 AMPosted by Gamex
Wave: 7

If you knock all 3 back when they spawn they won't rain of fire. Pop hotw+tree+innervate right before they start their garbage and you sorta just have to hope they don't all 3 target one guy at a time, or if any single person takes 2 doubles in a row, it's kinda over :D

Once you get one of them down, it's really a matter if you'll oom with the 2 remaining, that's what usually happens to me D:

I hear Glyph of Efflo solves that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/23/2013 12:51 AMPosted by Tiriel

I hear Glyph of Efflo solves that.

;(

Well I do wonder what wave 8 will be. It basically has to be something really easy or else the group will just get wrecked cause 2 of the wave 7 guys won't be dead. A few times they just bursted through a sotf tranq. I'm not sure if that ramp up is intended, but I do know I intend to defeat it... haha
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
;(

Well I do wonder what wave 8 will be. It basically has to be something really easy or else the group will just get wrecked cause 2 of the wave 7 guys won't be dead. A few times they just bursted through a sotf tranq. I'm not sure if that ramp up is intended, but I do know I intend to defeat it... haha

Frozen got to Wave 10. There's some RNG to factor in, but it's mostly more fire things that will one-shot your peeps.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Nope, the next wave is pretty rough, too. You get a large virmen, large aoe singer, and small aqua bomb. Pretty sure you have 1 flamecaller still up + the enraging one from the previous wave. Wave 9 offers a little bit of a breather though.

Here's Hamlet from EJ getting to wave 11:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxHCmbLhqls

I've gotten to the same point now, though I was pretty much OoM, unlike him - I was playing around with a high-int build (lol 6.4k spirit) that attempt to see if harder-hitting spells could offset lower regen. The large conqueror's enrages sort of wreck your tank regardless. I think the best thing to do with them may be to taunt off your tank and blink away. lol.

Something to note is that glyph of fae silence works on the flamecallers.
Reply Quote
Well early cata sometimes you will have to heal but with fully twinked teamates it won,t be any stress.

In MoP it get funny at your level I was queing as healer in balance spec and nobody ever died.
Reply Quote
Cata Heroics.

Before then its cake and you can carry even a terrible group through.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you want challenging healing (somewhat), do not que random in the LFG tool, manually select the the hardest instances you can get into.

I do that regularly on my leveling healing toons, I get tanks that have 5 lvls sometimes on me that way, dps that is the same, nobody looks at the healers level, they just rush forward, pulling as if you were 5 levels higher.

This will also teach you to think on your feet, and to use your tools fully.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Healing is very easy a lot of the time and extraordinarily difficult (challenging) at other times. Most of the reasons are out of your control. Sometimes, for whatever reason, the random group isn't very good together; a bad mix. Sometimes someone makes a very bad mistake or overpulling, etc. Other times the DPS isn't very good or the tank isn't very good or you haven't learned your class/spec well enough. This was my first healer and I knew practically nothing about it when randoms were first introduced during Wrath. I got kicked from more than a few groups in the beginning until I figured out what I was doing wrong. Healing, especially priest, isn't as easy as some people think. After that initial learning curve, I didn't get kicked from any group no matter which healer I was leveling at the time. Once you've learned the gist of healing and understand your toon thoroughly, you can heal through practically anything but it still is challenging at times, especially during regular raids (not LFR).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Depending on your gear, there are a few leveling brackets where mana gets a little tight. In particular, 83-85 and 88-89. You will also find in these brackets that tanks like to chain pull. That said, it doesn't really get hard until you raid. Those are just the few catching points you'll notice in the leveling process.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
whaaa, 8 9 and 10 seems easy, and he prob wouldve beat 11 too if he pounded the tank harder or used a fully charged shroom on him.

Seems like treant swiftmends are op as hell, this should be fun!

lol, easy wave 9 on first try, i'm gonna beat mister 11 tomorrow ;D
Edited by Gamex on 7/23/2013 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
whaaa, 8 9 and 10 seems easy, and he prob wouldve beat 11 too if he pounded the tank harder or used a fully charged shroom on him.

Also only pros use NE! stupid horde OP racials ;P

meh wave 10, live raid starting, psssh I'll beat you all soon!
Edited by Gamex on 7/23/2013 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Also only pros use NE! stupid horde OP racials ;P

It's concerning how much racials are making a difference in PG. From what I saw, the only way to get that far as a Priest is to be a Blood Elf and get excellent RNG.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's concerning how much racials are making a difference in PG. From what I saw, the only way to get that far as a Priest is to be a Blood Elf and get excellent RNG.

It was more the RNG than the silence.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Let me tell you, LBRS is gonna give you some challenge. Mostly because it becomes important for people to pay attention to mobs that run away to other rooms and aggro ENTIRE ROOMS OF 700 THINGS.

So very true. I still haven't been challenged yet, outside of complete idiots, so I am looking forward to having to work.

My biggest issue is more than one person thinking they are the tank, even then nobody dies (usually).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
when it comes to raiding or fresh into 90 heroics. i know what you mean i don't like making healers anymore 10-85 is just a joke when it comes to healing dungeons. you want it REALLY hard? do challenge modes and current raids. that will get you excited.

the hardest thing i had to do besides those when it came to healing is solo healing old raids. mainly DS and FL. their are other healers mainly 1 other but they are usually dpsing in healing spec -.-" and this is on fights that NEED the extra healing. sadly it gets me to play better this is how i learned how to heal. from healing people who don't learn how to play.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They broke our efflorescence on mushrooms in latest PTR build.. wtf? :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]