Why are my healing spells so weak?

90 Human Paladin
why does everyone suggest waiting till 80% to cast divine plea if it returns mana over time....use it a bit sooner as long as you are still casting and it will be avail. again sooner without any wasted regen
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
why does everyone suggest waiting till 80% to cast divine plea if it returns mana over time....use it a bit sooner as long as you are still casting and it will be avail. again sooner without any wasted regen

Because most people use the Glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Because most people use the Glyph.

By "most" you mean "no pally healer with at least half a brain". The glyph is terrible and should not be touched, ever.
Edited by Pospospos on 7/23/2013 3:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You do not have to melee with seal of insight. And before I get blasted let me just clarify. Yes it allows for more mana regen. Yes in the raiding environment it is very useful. For heroics... not as important.

The biggest problem is your gear. Don't judge your pally right now. All healers would be having a hell of a time at that gear lvl. When the xpack just started, there was soooooo many QQ threads on healers. Get some more gear before you give up.

Most of your healing should come from illuminated healing (which is your mastery) and Eternal Flame. What I did for heroics starting out was put the beacon on the tank and then start an EF blanket. 1 holy power EFs on 4 people and then a 3 holy power EF on the tank. Never use flash of light... ever! Divine light is gonna seem like a joke until you get decent gear. It should be a last resort spell. Holy shock on CD and glyph your divine plea. Use it at 80% mana and then on CD as needed. Also go get some mana pots.

I have a blast healing on my paladin. Something that has changed since Cata is that we are a lot like a disc priest was. We are a very strong healer. Don't give up and get a bit more gear. No matter what healer you lvl, if you have fresh gear, you are going to very disappointed. Just give yourself a bit of time.

One last thing, If you are running with a geared tank just let them know that your gear isn't so great. Most geared tanks stop using their cds in heroics because they are so geared. This will solve a lot of your mana issues. Just let your group know or run with people from your realm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]