Fellow leveling healers. How do you quest??

90 Troll Druid
I prefer to level as feral and i'm having a hard time upgrading my healing set as i level, due to quest rewards being available for only your current spec. Do i need to swap specs before i turn in every quest to make sure I dont miss on a good upgrade??
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
You can set your loot specialization by right clicking your character portrait. That should change the quest rewards. You can pretty much heal all the Pandaria 5 mans with the entry level greens an NPC sells in the Jade Forest. I'd focus on feral gear as you level to make the process less painful (namely the stamina helps a ton) and when you hit the Dread Wastes I'd change your specialization to Resto and get the pieces there. Upon hitting 90 just chain run a bunch of scenarios as Resto loot specialization til you can get into the first bits of LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I prefer to level as feral and i'm having a hard time upgrading my healing set as i level, due to quest rewards being available for only your current spec. Do i need to swap specs before i turn in every quest to make sure I dont miss on a good upgrade??

I swap specs. I don't know if being able to set the loot specialization works or not. But, yes, I just swap back and forth, which is a huge pain. There are also vendors with upgrades in the various zones. Jade Forest has ilvl 372-ish gear in Dawn Blossom. In Kun-Lai Summit at Binan Village there is a vendor with ilvl 399, iirc, gear, and specifically a static Spirit trinket which is worth picking up for Resto. And then in Townlong Steppes at the first quest hub, there is a vendor with ilvl 403 gear you can pick up, too.

I know for Leather, quite a bit doesn't actually have Spirit on it, which is frustrating. Most of your Spirit gear will come from specific quests. The last quest in the Hemet Nesingwary Safari in Valley of the Four Winds awards a ring, and I think one of the other quests rewards Spirit pants. There's a quest at the Silk Farm that awards you with a Spirit cloak. There's a series of quests in Kun-Lai Summit with Lorewalker Cho that award you a Spirit trinket (a really nice one, actually - spririt + Mastery proc), and the Grummel quests give you Spirit Shoulders and I think maybe a hat? Then in Northern Kun-Lai is a questline that awards you several items, including a nice Spirit offhand.

Things get better (i.e. less space between Spirit items!) in Dread Wastes, as apparently they redid the gear somewhat towards the end of the Beta cycle because so many people complained about the lack of Spirit gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
ty i was unaware of setting a priority, thank you so much
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

each zone also has a vendor that sells gear appropriate for that level.

so if you get to 88 and want to heal you can buy a set. its not great but its gets you started,
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i literally healed for both my NE druid and troll druid to 90 in BG's and dungeons

hate doing quest to the passion
Edited by Nillie on 7/24/2013 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
How do I quest? Slowly. ;)

Actually questing with Kip went by pretty fast as mist weaver, even with the dreaded 88-89 range, since I could mostly AoE things down.

My holy pally went ret with all the annoyance of having two gear sets. My resto shaman both went ele and just used what would become my healing gear.

Probably one of the worst mistakes I ever made was leveling from 60-70 in TBC as a resto shaman. I still get cold chills from those memories.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
i literally healed for both NE druid and troll druid to 90 in BG's and dungeons

I agree. I'm pretty sure that I've leveled from 15-85 almost exclusively through healing 5 mans. I did quest through uldum though because I hadn't been there before though. Other than that it's been an easy road.
Reply Quote
i literally healed for both NE druid and troll druid to 90 in BG's and dungeons

I agree. I'm pretty sure that I've leveled from 15-85 almost exclusively through healing 5 mans. I did quest through uldum though because I hadn't been there before though. Other than that it's been an easy road.

I heal up to Winterspring, and do that zone because the dungeons of that level are so PAINFUL, heal through BC and Wrath, do just enough questing in cata to get the ilvl for dungeoning again, then actually quest in Pandaria. I like pandaland :( I went balance on my druid even though I hate it and somehow suck at it (I mean I get the concept but for some reason I am BAD at it)

edit- I do que for dungeons while leveling in Pandaria but it is not the primary place to get exp. You can get some gear though.
Edited by Temm on 7/24/2013 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I make a friend, group up, let them take it to the face while I heal them. Win for both of us.

xoxo#1821
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I don't quest - I dungeon grind xD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I just use the same gear for DPS and Healing between Holy and Shadow. Granted I'm only pulling 20k ish DPS on mobs as I quest I'm getting things done.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I level using the buddy system. Husband is responsible for killing it all; I am responsible for us not having corpse runs (that includes what he pulls, watching for hordies of evil intent, pvp strategy, and pvp healing). Sometimes I will go shadow for one of the healing specs but often it isn't worth it. My inexperienced shadow damage is not really worth sacrificing the protection of my experienced healing when compared to his rock star warlock damage. I often just keep the disc/holy and go holy for more damage (the red... it was apparently made for leveling) or discipline for more survivability (without thought... go atonement healing).
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
On this one, I have an elemental spec- just for questing. On my monk, I do everything as a MW.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My disc (main) was leveled holy and stayed that way until Ulduar made disc.

My druid was resto from role until cata, when her off spec became boom. For this expansion I leveled her back and forward boom/tree.

This shaman has been resto. Think she was ele once upon a time for a moment or 2.

My paladin is level 6. He just hits things at the moment. Or he would if he wasn't a secondary bank right now....

My Monk is mistweaver, but haven't played her much yet.

All this masochistic leveling as a healer may be why I loathe questing.....
Reply Quote
98 Night Elf Druid
07/24/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Temm
do just enough questing in cata to get the ilvl for dungeoning again

Fun fact - at both Hyjal and Vash'jr there are vendors that sell full 232 ilvl sets (the same sets you get from Scroll of Resurrection).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

Probably one of the worst mistakes I ever made was leveling from 60-70 in TBC as a resto shaman. I still get cold chills from those memories.

You poor thing. I remember hodir dailies as holy right before dual spec was introduced. It was horrible. I can't imagine actually leveling as resto.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I remember hodir dailies as holy right before dual spec was introduced. It was horrible. I can't imagine actually leveling as resto.

I honestly used to just spend 100 gold a day repsecing just for daily quests.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
dual spec ;(

or if you have a group of people you can instance grind which is very fast.... but it can strain your brain after enough time
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Priest
Druid healer is the one that doesn't see a lot of gear drops in randoms so it doesn't hurt to quest now and then. I just do the quests that I like doing and spend the rest of the time doing randoms.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]