Glyph of Turn Evil Redisgned.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
2 seconds can be plenty of time when combined with Long Arm of the Law.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Probably toned down the snare duration considering now you can get both BoG AND Fist of Justice without having to keep Seal of Justice up.. Is this really such a bad thing?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Really needs to be 5 or 6 seconds... 2 seconds is just dumb.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Really needs to be 5 or 6 seconds... 2 seconds is just dumb.

TBH 5-6 seconds would be too much, my judgement is already like a 4.5 second cooldown (if i remember correctly)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Now that I think about it, a 1 second root might be cooler. Anyone else think so?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can foresee it getting buffed to 3 seconds, maybe 4 if we're lucky.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
See, I told you guys they'd put BoG somewhere.

Kind of a fail way to implement it. Why not just roll it into Seal of Justice. PVP ability on a PVP seal WTF?!?!

Logic
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Now that I think about it, a 1 second root might be cooler. Anyone else think so?

It would be.
But not to those on the receiving end of it, imagine using it vs a Warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/18/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Zsigmond
See, I told you guys they'd put BoG somewhere.

Kind of a fail way to implement it. Why not just roll it into Seal of Justice. PVP ability on a PVP seal WTF?!?!

Logic

Judgement procing SoJ, while would be neat, might push it into the realm of what whiners hate: Something actually effective. We'd also rival rogues in snaring capabilities, and us being effective is a no-no apparently.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Giving you baseline BoG in it's original form would be pretty overpowered, as is making it a minor glyph. Retribution PvP glyphs aren't exactly amazing and you will have room for it. What else are you going to use?

Judgment doesn't have a very long CD and making it have 5-6 second duration would basically be giving your a permanent snare anyways. Two seconds works great, especially in conjunction with long arm.

So basically you're getting a 2 second 50% snare, and judgments CD is what 6 seconds without haste? That seems pretty good to me considering you wouldn't have had it before and are essentially getting it for free. With enough haste you might approach close to 50% uptime.

It's not bad at all. You basically get an old ability baked in at the cost of a major glyph that was completely filler before, because most of your major glyphs in PvP are AWFUL. Think of it as a bonus and it's fine.
Edited by Gròmmash on 7/18/2013 10:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Id be happy if they bumped the 2second slow to 4 seconds....with enough haste it would be on your current target only, 90% of the time....not OP at all....so you wouldnt be able to slow 2 or 3 ppl at once just one... which is pretty good for a glyph....Id be happy with a 4 sec slow.
Edited by Midknightsun on 7/19/2013 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
3 seconds would be perfect, but it's nice to have glyph choices that actually do something.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
2 seconds is too short but I'm glad they're not getting rid of BoG altogether. I agree that 3-4 seconds would feel about right.

Fist of justice is now the only talent for ret in that tier, though.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
3 seconds would be perfect, but it's nice to have glyph choices that actually do something.

Yeah, 3 seconds would make more sense in my opinion. Plus, that'd put it on par with Long Arm's duration.

Even at 2 seconds it's still a good major, though.
Edited by Astaeri on 7/20/2013 2:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Ill probably take fist in that tier but, ill probably spec into the fear for the LoLs......and get it out of my system, spamming fear on every lock priest and warrior I see for at least a few weeks :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I actually like the Burden of Guilt glyph, its the absence of a instant cast turn evil glyph I'm concerned about.

without the instant cast glyph, there really is no reason to pick 'Evil is point of View' talent over 'Repentance'. Both ability's have same cast time and cooldown with new patch.

A matter of fact, if u pick 'Evil is a point of View" youll have a 1 min HOJ and 15 sec turn evil
With 'Repentance' you'll have a 1 min hoj, 15 sec repent, and 15 sec turn evil

really a waste of a new talant if u ask me
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I actually like the Burden of Guilt glyph, its the absence of a instant cast turn evil glyph I'm concerned about.

without the instant cast glyph, there really is no reason to pick 'Evil is point of View' talent over 'Repentance'. Both ability's have same cast time and cooldown with new patch.

A matter of fact, if u pick 'Evil is a point of View" youll have a 1 min HOJ and 15 sec turn evil
With 'Repentance' you'll have a 1 min hoj, 15 sec repent, and 15 sec turn evil

really a waste of a new talant if u ask me

Repentance always breaks on damage and doesn't cause displacement like a fear does.

EPoV will be better against anything that's not a Shaman. I'm already salivating at the Turn Evil+HoJ combos that will be possible, especially in 2's.
Edited by Kayleina on 7/24/2013 12:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
2-3 seconds is a perfect time span. It's duration cannot and should not be equal to or longer than the cooldown of judgment. Constantly slowing a target without any second thought by having the slow be baked into part of your damage rotation is bad design. There either needs to be counter play or choice behind it.
Edited by Shermanimal on 7/24/2013 2:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]