any tips for dueling WW monks

100 Blood Elf Paladin
fought a ww monk yesterday. their healing is ridiculous, even more ridiculous than mine can be.. after kiting for like 10mins i gave up. what needs to be done to shut one down... or is the WW the new rogue for rets as far as duels go?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The thing about WW is that you can't pop your burst if he has karma up or he'll just karma you and shut it down.

In addition, WW healing means his damage literally goes down the drain. I mean Healing Sphere (the primary healing ability that WW has) costs 40 energy to use. Each use. A WW who is healing won't have any energy to damage you. That's when you go in for the kill (assuming that he doesn't have karma up)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Bubble karma - and stagger your burst. It's a hard fight because they can disarm/stun/silence you during your burst. Slowing them down also helps a bit, but no much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The thing about WW is that you can't pop your burst if he has karma up or he'll just karma you and shut it down.

In addition, WW healing means his damage literally goes down the drain. I mean Healing Sphere (the primary healing ability that WW has) costs 40 energy to use. Each use. A WW who is healing won't have any energy to damage you. That's when you go in for the kill (assuming that he doesn't have karma up)

I disagree, HS is too mana heavy to use reliably.

My WW friend usually just manages his chi-burst/expel harm really well and he doesn't ever get into any danger 1v1.

Like you said, WW are seriously tough to burst because they have so many shutdown abilities.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I disagree, HS is too mana heavy to use reliably.

Except WW don't use mana.

The goal is to get him to use his defensive cds first. Like Amuroraye said, bubble their karma if you can; it will catch most WWs offguard and prevent them from getting ahead. Ideally, you will burst them after karma.

Also, never trinket fist of fury; you'll just end up stunned again.

Finally, they are very vulnerable while stunned, so set up your kill with HOJ
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If he doesnt want you to kill him, you wont. He wont kill you either though.

A duel is another deal, still a hard fight, too many ways to shut melees and he reduces your healing with RSK, he will win the long attrition battle. He wont kill you fast though. It really depends on the monk mindset, if he want to outlast you or kill you with finesse burst. The second case would be advantageous to you.

Some tips
Use your cc or shield to waste his Karma.
Kite with freedom when he uses Tiger brew. Kite when disarmed.
Be prepared for stuns so you dont have to trinket, save it for a paralysis in case he wants to kite or heal.
Edited by Kumashiro on 7/19/2013 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYTpgtkVmL8

Usually it is a long fight 1v1 from my experiences and if they're good or not. Just like if I go against a good Shadow Priest.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
If they are good - it's a tough fight like he said above, otherwise you can usually roll them by Bubbling Karma and slowing/running from Xuen.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You pretty much need to bubble karma as soon as you see it.

Ring isn't that big a deal, the silence is short and if you chained like a normal person, so is the disarm. During burst you can how, get silenced, TV, get disarmed, exo, get silenced, TV, get disarmed, and the ring did nothing but knock down your white damage after the TVs.

And you need to bring the monk down fast. The longer it goes the more their damage is going to wind up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]