The direction in development of ret pally Pvp

1 Human Warrior
So i started playing ret when they got crusader and divine storm (love divine storm!) and i remember playing back in wrath and being able to kite warriors/dks/rogues and actually having the ability to outplay other players. Some Xpacks later i see that ret pallys have slowly and slowly just been left out...(not as much as bear druids) The actual gameplay/mobility seems so old and outdated.... i just leveled my monk and warrior to 90 and both just seem so far ahead of ret in terms of class development..... So coming back to the question what do you still enjoy about your ret in pvp i just feel this far forward xpack wise nothing has really changed and the new direction with the ret spec is just wrong "blow up or get blowen up/boring class mechanics". This isn't a flat QQ im just really interested in seeing some old ret pvpers and their opinions on the new direction of ret pvp. thanks for reading:)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been playing Ret since BC, and I'm extremely happy with ret's current state.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been playing Ret since BC, and I'm extremely happy with ret's current state.

Same here, ret has come a LONG way since BC......oh man the stories i could tell!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So OP played when the class became overpowered and flavour of the expac..?

Play the class when it was outright useless in Vanilla and BC and you would understand that the state ret is in is one of the best its ever been. Its not faceroll retarded, and to fully master ret means to fully be able to utilize all your UTILITY. I actually feel like a support class that can actually turn the tide in fights. I have enough burst to take down an enemy, strong enough offheals to keep players alive, and utility for many different situations.

You actually feel that Ret feels dated when you played in WOTLK?? Ret in WOTLK was just " SPAM CS AND DS " spam fight. So brain dead.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So OP played when the class became overpowered and flavour of the expac..?

You actually feel that Ret feels dated when you played in WOTLK?? Ret in WOTLK was just " SPAM CS AND DS " spam fight. So brain dead.

I wish that this opinion weren't ran by everyone to the lengths its taken, Wrath Retribution was the most clutch it's ever been, in my humble opinion.

Freedom used on allies to break stuns? Better be fast because doing it 3-4 seconds in is questionable if it was even worth it.

Cleansing others and yourself?

What about sacred shield management and Art of War Flash of Light procs? There was a difference between just putting the FOL on someone and then putting it on them after SS was up for the HOT, potentially 2 HOTs if you timed it while the SS proc itself was up

Then there's the mana management, you couldn't just go around spamming judgement because doing it straight into a ice barrier gave you no mana if it got fully absorbed. The cooldown could also get bugged if they stunned you at the same time which took insight to work around and predicting skills

Then to top it off, you couldn't use Avenging Wrath without being wide open to being bursted down, despite the crazy exaggerations thrown at the defense piercing it could do, it took a wise paladin to actually pull off a devastating Wrath and not end up dead for it

So yeah I guess wasting time with inquisition somehow makes Cataclysm and it's polished and improved Mists model a big skillful display, I don't get it, oh well

Crazy how many paladins have gone along with Blizzard and their little argent tournament NPCs, what was it like, Champion Izimode and Champion Faesrol? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35576

I can agree with you in PVE, yet I would agree that any class in PVE is pretty straight forward, but I won't get into that.. Retribution got dumbed down and the pace of the spec lowered severely, it was basically a damage bot with no unique debuffs or options to counter people besides like.. freedom? Slowly, thankfully, they've added things like divine protection in stuns, aura mastery silence break, the Sacrifice dispel - so it's definitely getting there. I'm personally very pleased with the state of Ret and don't think it needs further changes

Wrath Ret deserves more respect, for sure, that's my 2 cents. Nice going back down memory lane to think of some of those old mechanics. Good times .. both now, and then
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]