Sky Golem: Drop and usability

90 Human Monk
Regarding the Sky Golem, I have two questions which are unanswered by information I have found elsewhere. Firstly, what drops the pattern both for it and for the special engineering only mat? And secondly, is it an engineering only mount or is it useable for anyone?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Rare mobs in Vale drop the patterns and the mount is usable by anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Only rare spawn adds? Well, that certainly puts a damper on things. Thanks for response.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Any add in the Vale has the chance to drop the schematic, not just rates. Kill the new sha adds and you should have it within 30 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You could also just head on up to Isle of Thunder, kill any named quest or rare mob there, and it will drop on the first kill.... or, well, they could have changed it... but a week or two ago, it was dropping left and right for my engineer from Isle of Thunder, as well as Zandalari Warscouts and Zandalari Warbringers in Dread Wastes, Townlong and Krasarang... I didn't try the Zandalari's in Jade Forest or Kun Lai but assume they would have dropped it too.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
got the schematic on the nineth sha add in vale, when you learn it it also teaches you the four new schematics at once
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's not engineering only but if an engineer is actually selling it it's gonna cost you your piggybank.
The energy sources are soulbound and on a 1 day cooldown so mr golem takes 30 days to make.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Any level 90 mob in Pandaria can drop it I'm assuming, I personally had it drop from a Kunzen Rockthrower in the area where the Tiller's dailies are.

The mount itself is BoE and can be learned by any character, with no Engineering requirement.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The thing dropped on Timeless Isle yesterday--I think I was killing turtles on the beach.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Seems like any mob in Pandaland can drop it.

This is on three separate characters, got one book near the ally starter area in MoP land off the peons near Paw'don. Then another book off the 88 (87?) Yuangol near Longying Outpost. Last book was off random mobs in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
Edited by Keg on 9/11/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Had it drop on the first mob I killed in the Vale. I'm guessing it's a pretty high drop rate. It's dropped as part of the book of schematics (rare).
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Killed a LOT of adds and didn't get the drop. Wondering if engin needs to be at max lvl for it to drop? Or I'm just really unlucky.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Requires 600 engineering to drop, and it will anywhere in Pandaria, (lfd & lfr as well).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Only rare spawn adds? Well, that certainly puts a damper on things. Thanks for response.

Nah, not just rares. Anything. I got mine off a Brewmaster Monk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]