Timeless Isle Feedback

(Locked)

Game Designer
Please use this thread to share feedback regarding the newly-accessible Timeless Isle. The Timeless Isle lies off the eastern coast of the Jade Forest, but you can begin your adventures there by checking your nearest mailbox.
90 Human Monk
Teleport working, what are coins??
90 Human Monk
Cant even do first quest? Go to area to explore and it doesn't work.
90 Human Monk
You have to be dead to explore places for the first quest.
90 Human Monk
Niuzaos Massive Quake hits for 110k every second, instant wipe.
90 Human Monk
No more quests after the first one to explore.
90 Pandaren Monk
Xuen's Lightning is also hitting for 110k a second from 40+ yards away to all people even if you haven't hit him.

His Shadow crash hits for 500k

Chi-ji's targeting circle is twice the size of what it is supposed to be.

You can pull all four of the world bosses well beyond the Square are (had one kited near the shore)
Edited by Delritha on 7/18/2013 3:32 PM PDT
Game Designer
07/18/2013 03:04 PMPosted by Badxmonk
No more quests after the first one to explore.

Note that the Timeless Isle is largely a self-directed experience, which diverges somewhat from our recent practice. You aren't going to find a hub of daily questgivers or NPCs who will assign you specific tasks to complete. There is a ton to do on the Timeless Isle, and countless secrets to discover, so go explore!
3 Night Elf Rogue
Are the bosses randomly spawn cause I haven't seen Yu'lon at all yet. Doesn't help that the horde take's forever to kill the boss they get.
90 Pandaren Monk
Are the bosses randomly spawn cause I haven't seen Yu'lon at all yet. Doesn't help that the horde take's forever to kill the boss they get.
The bosses feel very overtuned. AOEs ticking for 500k from 40 yards away every 2 seconds which is wiping A LOT of people even tanks who are popping CDs

Chi-Ji's light thing should be a bit larger than the 8 or so yards in diameter it is currently if you want all 40+ people attacking it on live to get in.

And I have to agree, it's cycling through Xuen, Niuzao, and Chi-Ji; skipping Yu'lon
Edited by Delritha on 7/18/2013 3:54 PM PDT
90 Troll Death Knight
The below post kinda killed my post.
Edited by Walzee on 7/18/2013 4:08 PM PDT
Game Designer
There's a new thread specifically for feedback and discussion of the world bosses Chi-Ji, Niuzao, Xuen, and Yu'lon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499700475

Please focus on non-world-boss feedback in the general Timeless Isle thread. Thanks!
90 Worgen Priest
Is anyone else getting a god awful ticking noise on the Timeless Isle? I had to turn the sound off.
90 Worgen Death Knight
NvM
Feedback, I'm assuming, means more than just game bugs? So I'll put in what I can see now.
A self propelled experience is nice, but upon arriving at the island, we have no indication as to what to do. I eventually realised that killing mobs dropped coins I could then buy things with, but for the most part, when someone sees a giant elite snake, they avoid it.

The rewards are lackluster at best, with the pets being the only real reason I can see someone putting the amount of time and effort needed into the island.

The legendary cloak only world boss is a neat idea, but we can't really test that right now anyway so it doesn't matter.

While this is more personal opinion then fact, I would have enjoyed something more tied to the actual events of the patch, rather then some "farewell to pandaria" that is barely connected with what we have done, other then all these characters showing up for no discernable reason.

The grinding for loot type of gameplay is pretty boring, and kind of lazy. While people complain about daily hubs all the time, something along the lines of 5.1 would be the best route to go, over something like this in the future.
90 Tauren Warrior
I spent 30 minutes at Misty Strand area, and couldnt get it checked to complete the quest... getting bored... Same at Old Pi'jiu.....

At the other places i just walked by and got a check...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Edited by Rúso on 7/18/2013 4:42 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
I spent 30 minutes at Misty Strand area, and couldnt get it checked to complete the quest... getting bored... Same at Old Pi'jiu.....

At the other places i just walked by and got a check...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's currently bugged (as mentioned earlier in this thread). You need to die and then run to each of the locations while in ghost form.
90 Dwarf Monk
It seemed, the coin drop rate was a little excessive along with the chests (which im guessing is mostly just due to the sheer amount of ppl. Would be nice if there were some random cosmetic treasures like the ones you could find on pandaria (even though most of those were weapons.)

Wouldnt hurt to have a couple lore walker scrolls scattered on the island to explain the story of the island.

One last suggestion even though i know it would be a lot of work on the artists but maybe have the gear be of new models or even some old ones for those who dont have alts to have a reason to get the gear.

wanted to mention that i like the lore daily on the island, wasnt expecting it

overall it just felt fun kind of worried though that i may have spoiled myslef. Theres also something about the island that feels missing but i dont know what it is
Edited by Borrick on 7/18/2013 4:56 PM PDT
90 Troll Mage
That ticking noise is an add-on error, in my UI it happened to be MSBT. Once I disabled it I have yet to have that happen again.

Back to feedback, currently the main issues I'm having is related to quests. First one is "A Timeless Tour" not checking complete on any of the locations, and after poping the "discovered x location" for all of them on the list, the quest does not flag complete. The second is "The Emperor's Way" not being able to get credit in a raid, when I would expect this content is designed to be done in a raid.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Ordos is broken. Just sitting there one shotting anyone that tries to do the first quest you get.
90 Night Elf Druid
Will these "rare" mobs (silver dragon portrait) drop anything special aside from a larger-than-usual amount of coins? They seem extremely difficult (though all the mobs seem to be harder than usual difficulty), with particular reference to Cinderfall and Huolon.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]