Timeless Isle Feedback

(Locked)

33 Night Elf Priest
This island has made me hate people.

Remove it immediately.
Edited by Ðisc on 7/19/2013 1:05 PM PDT
The biggest down fall for the Timeless Isle is the dang Avatar of Flame buff. The level of griefing with this buff is unreal. With it ppl are spamming the walls you can make with it every where you cant even get to some of the vendors or even to leave the graveyard until they despawn. and if your trying to get to Ordos with a group ppl spawn the the walls so you can get to him. i think it needs to get removed out of the game cuz it made playing the ptr not fun to play.
90 Dwarf Monk
So I had a thought, maybe you could add couple dailies that offer some coins for exploring like some jumping puzzles or even some kind of hide and seek in a cave stuff like that
MVP - World of Warcraft
12 Troll Shaman
Is this place intended to be solo-friendly? With the number of hostile elites and otherwise painful mobs around here, it doesn't really seem like it. I spent most of the time being chased by something; exploring was more fun after I ended up desynced from the server. :p

I realize that the character I'm using to test is way-undergeared (just barely able to get into MSV LFR), but she's not as undergeared as my alts would be if they tried to visit this place right after hitting 90, and I was under the impression that this place was supposed to help with catch-up gear.

Also, is the spirit healer here supposed to be the battleground/scenario variety, that casts mass rez every 30 seconds? Normally PvE zones have the kind of spirit healer that makes you run back to your corpse or take rez sickness.
Edited by Faizaniel on 7/19/2013 7:42 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I will admit I did not read all 4 pages, so if this was already mentioned I apologize...

The hozen diving helmets off the coast... you can use them just fine in caster/humanoid forms... however, when attempting to obtain the helmet while in druid cat or bear form, it simply despawned. I didn't loot anything, didn't get any buffs, it just slowly faded out after I clicked it.

I then changed to caster form, found another helmet and clicked it. It turned me into the hozen and gave me the breathing and swim speed buff properly... however, just a few seconds later, when I entered combat with a shark and had to go feral form, the buff immediately left me even though it had most of it's time left on it.

As a hunter, I was able to be in combat while still keeping the buff, so I know it does not drop on entering combat.

Maybe it's something you can look into?
90 Pandaren Monk
Noticed a few things,

1st: There is an issue with the bosses attacks killing off players while they are turning in the first quest. If something could be done to prevent those that are not actively engaged with the fight.

2nd: The bosses on the island can be kited anywhere and have been used for PVP purposes.

3rd: While the Yangol buff is very cool players have been using the rock wall ability to camp graveyards of their own and opposing factions.

4th: Exploration, self direction and challenging monsters are fun. But so far I take five steps in and I've already engaged half the island. For content that seems like it is meant for a solo experience, the setup is anything but.

5th: Just a suggestion. I get the island is meant to be explored but the no flying is getting really old. It would be really awesome to see this form of travel treated as an actual element in the game. Places around Northrend did this well by only being accessible by flying. For instance the Titan Machines in Storm Peaks. Please creatively build upon and explore this concept. For a company which defines RTS you really do seem frightened of any flying units (that's why we have archers, cannons and mages).
90 Human Mage
Ya having Ordos using his 300K hit, 100+ yrd range enrage spell for 20 mins is no fun :(
90 Troll Mage
Thank you Blizzard for implementing a place where I can explore. I love how this island does not have a direction, but instead basically just says, "Here... go explore!" There are so many random items around that give stat boosts, it really made killing the elites and rares much easier. I've just started exploring what this island has to offer, but I will say I LOVED the random Crane statue that made you fly up into the air to get chests. Will post more when I have more time to experience the content.

Edit: Just killed Xuen with about 20 people. He doesn't seem overly difficult, although I suspect a few initial deaths from the crackling lightning. Niuzao was a different story, though. I'm guessing all the celestials are supposed to be difficult to kill, but that quake he does just does a very large amount of damage in a short time. It will definitely need raid style coordination to kill him, but I assume that's the intention.

I also am having a lot of fun trying to get these random treasure chests all over the island. Not only the moss covered ones, but the ones that are on top of the pillars. I especially enjoyed the ropes you had to jump down on in order to get the Rope-Bound Chest! Very creative.
Edited by Febreeze on 7/20/2013 10:57 AM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
Thank you Blizzard for implementing a place where I can explore. I love how this island does not have a direction, but instead basically just says, "Here... go explore!" There are so many random items around that give stat boots, it really made killing the elites and rares much easier. I've just started exploring what this island has to offer, but I will say I LOVED the random Crane statue that made you fly up into the air to get chests. Will post more when I have more time to experience the content.

Edit: Just killed Xuen with about 20 people. He doesn't seem overly difficult, although I suspect a few initial deaths from the crackling lightning. Niuzao was a different story, though. I'm guessing all the celestials are supposed to be difficult to kill, but that quake he does just does a very large amount of damage in a short time. It will definitely need raid style coordination to kill him, but I assume that's the intention.

I also am having a lot of fun trying to get these random treasure chests all over the island. Not only the moss covered ones, but the ones that are on top of the pillars. I especially enjoyed the ropes you had to jump down on in order to get the Rope-Bound Chest! Very creative.

No response from blizzard recently since people started pointing out how awful the place is at the moment, and you come along and paint this pretty picture perfect view of the place?

If i didnt know better i would say you were paid to say something good about the place to counteract all the negative feedback.

But then, this is what the ptr is for, pointing out whats bad, what needs fixed, and what is ok.

Though one would hope that blizzard wouldve have learned from the past. Especially when it comes to things like open world bosses with aoes and no limited area of engagement so they never reset. And fun little trinkets/spells that creative impenetrable walls of spikes.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Would it be possible to put horde towns on the map? It's not fun looking at your map to see where you want to go, see an empty space on the map and run that way only to get attacked by horde guards and eventually players.
Edited by Blåckspiral on 7/20/2013 10:24 AM PDT
90 Troll Mage
No response from blizzard recently since people started pointing out how awful the place is at the moment, and you come along and paint this pretty picture perfect view of the place?

If i didnt know better i would say you were paid to say something good about the place to counteract all the negative feedback.

But then, this is what the ptr is for, pointing out whats bad, what needs fixed, and what is ok.

Though one would hope that blizzard wouldve have learned from the past. Especially when it comes to things like open world bosses with aoes and no limited area of engagement so they never reset. And fun little trinkets/spells that creative impenetrable walls of spikes.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not being paid. I spent about two and a half hours on the island last night just roaming around and didn't experience any of the griefing people were talking about, but then again, it was at 1am EST. To me, it just seems like a place where you can go with someone else (or a group) to kill a bunch of mobs/rares for easy coins, which I appreciate because I've grown rather tired of dailies. Not everything has to have some purpose and not everything has to have linear progression to get through it, or rep to gain.

What happened to the people who just go places just to go there and enjoy the beauty of something? It's quirks? The little nooks and crannies? Maybe I enjoyed just sitting on the edge of a mountain and looking out into the distance at the Jade Forest. I legitimately had a good time on the island, even through all the random deaths from pulling a bit too many mobs. Are there problems? Yeah, of course, but my problems came from the Celestial fights, not with the island itself.
90 Human Priest
The mobs hit like trucks, which I like on my main who can deal with them, but as far as rewards; tons and tons of coins, but not much to spend them on except to gear up my alts. This is OK, except that if my goal is to gear up my alts it seems like the content should be accessible to those alts, but the mobs hitting like trucks makes it difficult to take anyone there but my main.

I encountered a 'random' skull in a cave and needed to try to find his body, amusing puns, but other than that, in about three hours on the island, didn't come across anything else but one item off a giant whale shark that I couldn't find how to use. Not sure where the 'lots of stuff to do' is at, after exploring the island and that one little event I didn't find much to do but kill mobs for coins that I didn't see much to spend them on other than loot for alts.

I like the idea of exploring and encountering things to do while exploring that are not classic dailies, but it still needs story and purpose.
90 Night Elf Druid
Interesting isle so far in all honesty.
The whole using birds as almost a tour of the island is a neat idea, and apparently being spots that require you to use them, Or atleast ive been told. And rares too

Also, evermaw should move a bit slower, enough so that you can keep with it a bit more.

Edit: Maybe have the birds fly lower, instead of there being only a handful of spots to attack one. And make them only attackable by you, to prevent griefing by other players.

Edit #2: While being carried by a albatross, if you go over the celestial arena and an aoe is going off, it'll hit and kill you.
Edited by Treehugging on 7/20/2013 4:56 PM PDT
Edit #2: While being carried by a albatross, if you go over the celestial arena and an aoe is going off, it'll hit and kill you.

The celestial's AOE needs looked at in general. Those AOE's should not be able to hit people in the spectator area surrounding the arena/ring. Would suck on live if you showed up to do the Pet Tournament and BOOM, 1 shot by a fight going on that you aren't even a part of. >_>
85 Human Warlock
In the cavern of lost spirits there is a buff for clicking a spirit light it would be nice if pets got this also.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Another little random thing... Critter Bites do not seem to work on any of the critters on the Isle. Namely the moths, which are level 1 critters. :(
90 Night Elf Warrior
I was looking forward to this, I enjoy exploring, until I found out that I couldn't fly and that the mobs are as irritating as the IoG ones :( IoT trash is just as bad, but with normal mobs instead of elites. Exploring is one way I relax. I really don't want the mobs to be dangerous. All that does is irritate me and remind me of why I transferred off my old PvP server. I don't like interference when I'm out exploring or on my way to a quest area... and that includes both players and NPCs.

There has to be a way to wade through the mobs without taking damage or getting dismounted (it's especially bad when the mobs daze and stun me). It's why I'm a night elf, I can drop combat and lose the mobs chasing me at will, but I'm finding that the cd of Shadowmeld is far too long to deal with the irritation of all the trash on the islands around Pandaria. I just want to relax...

One aspect of exploring that's important to me is to see the area from above. I love being up in the air. I find it quite despressing when I am denied that opportunity. Plus I have all these cool mounts that I can't use. I really enjoy riding drakes, but I can't from 85-89 or on the islands around Pandaria :(
Edited by Pizzathehutt on 7/21/2013 11:14 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
I really don't want the mobs to be dangerous. All that does is irritate me and remind me of why I transferred off my old PvP server. I don't like interference when I'm out exploring or on my way to a quest area... and that includes both players and NPCs.

Exploring is dangerous.. kinda the whole point you know? it kinda wouldnt be exploring without that aspect.

Anyway, if you wanted a 'aerial' view, attack the birds flying around once, profit.
Edited by Treehugging on 7/21/2013 7:18 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Priest
The murder turtles are hilarious. Run through a pack of 4 of them and you die in 0.8s.
90 Orc Hunter
Mobs hit too hard if your intent is to have alts show up here as well, especially for the world boss.

Even for mains it seems to be on the higher side (two tigers can stunlock me to about 50% health easily, and this was in full 553s) but it's manageable.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]