Timeless Isle Feedback

(Locked)

90 Troll Warlock
Censer of Eternal Agony. It is a really cool idea to encourage world PvP. But there are some serious problems that need to be fixed.

1. You can right click/cancelaura the "Hostile to all players" buff. If you are fighting with someone in the same faction(originally). You can just cancel the buff during combat , become a friendly target and go "LOL WT U GONNA DO" , when you are losing.

2. You can kill 90% of the NPC around the celestial arena (the place you fight them), including Wrathion. Oh did I mention you can kill the flight master in your own faction camp too.

3. You should also get a bloody coin when you kill a Ordos worshipper. I mean, the whole point for the world pvp on the isle is getting bloody coin. Shouldn't it reward both sides (Ordos side and normal players)?

I do like World PvP, but this item definitely needs some fine tuning.
Oh, Sky Golem is awesome :P.
Edited by Cobray on 7/26/2013 1:51 AM PDT
90 Human Warlock
you want feedback? the isle is awful..the dam mobs hit way to hard ideally the mobs should be about the same difficulty as isle of thunder mobs since your gettting pretty much the same gear rewards from it..even on a high item level ptr toon the mobs are just awful.quite frankly if this thing only rewards 496 gear and some vanity pets.the island is completly pointless. yes i can use it to gear alts..but what good does that do me if im spending hundreds of gold repairing because of the mobs there.
90 Human Rogue
Censer of Eternal Agony. It is a really cool idea to encourage world PvP. But there are some serious problems that need to be fixed.

I feel that this item should allow me to attack another player who is also flagged with the same effect. I don't know if this topic has been touched or not but I was playing the PTR under the effect as a human and an orc monk was able to give me buffs. I found this to be extremely disapointing.
07/26/2013 07:45 AMPosted by Zeales

I feel that this item should allow me to attack another player who is also flagged with the same effect. I don't know if this topic has been touched or not but I was playing the PTR under the effect as a human and an orc monk was able to give me buffs. I found this to be extremely disapointing.

no dont change it has to be made funny... they fighting a mob use item and start owning em...
Edited by Gistene on 7/26/2013 9:00 AM PDT
90 Draenei Paladin
1º yeah blizz must repair this bug of the explorer mission
2º u play to win some 496 ilv gear is not nice...must be at least 502 ilvl, and some harder gears that require more farms with 522+ (like trinket of quartermaster vendors)
90 Draenei Paladin
my afraid that this island gonna be like the giant isle that ppl just go to kill a boss and nerf some bones (i just went there to kill oondasta at least)...u waste a huge space on map for nothing...
90 Goblin Shaman
When you try to use the FP to timeless isle it takes you there and then it sends you all the way back lol
90 Pandaren Priest
Watching Xuen and Niuzao destroy innocent spectators has been the highlight of my evening.
90 Pandaren Priest
Keep hearing people say "I'm bored" and "I don't know what to do." There's not a lot of indication of what your'e supposed to do, and what you're not supposed to do.

Hostile Elites everywhere. I don't feel safe exploring, because I'm a healer.
90 Pandaren Monk
Keep hearing people say "I'm bored" and "I don't know what to do." There's not a lot of indication of what your'e supposed to do, and what you're not supposed to do.

Hostile Elites everywhere. I don't feel safe exploring, because I'm a healer.

Switch to Disc and light em up! If they have a problem with me, I get to punching.

I actually feel more capable than a lot of people I see when exploring the isle. it is a bit intimidating though, I doubt I could do so on an alt. I just find it ironic that the isle awards 496 gear when you'd likely need higher gear than that to survive this place.
I feel the Timeless Isle is actually quite boring. I spent the last 3 days out there and well, really boring. I've found what I believe is just about every "secret" I've also killed every single one of the rares multiple times, minus Ordos himself. Taken bird flights and everything. I've collected quite a few pets from drops, although I'm really not interested in the pet battle aspect of it. The mobs are unforgiving and really dense in some areas. I'm not sure if you are going for having it a pain in the rear, but as of right now it hasn't been very enjoyable. I'm 5/5 553 tier pieces and 2 new trinkets, and the rest of my gear is between 530-536. I also finally received the legendary cloak.

On a positive note, it is much better than the Isle of Thunder by far, and I do like the rare markers, and other new markers for the mini map. I think in a round about way its a good direction with hardly any dailies.

I am looking forward to be able to testing more things as they become implemented and fixed.

Oh please make it so npc's cannot be killed by a player using the censure Item from the Ordon vendor.
Edited by Zhidaneb on 7/26/2013 6:14 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
This may be an unpopular opinion on these forums considering how much some of you hate dailies, but I think Blizzard went too far in the other direction with Timeless Isle and Battlefield Barrens, I get that people didn't like the enormous amount of dailies, but why not something in the middle?
Battlefield Barrens type freefarming combined with Krasarang Wilds Horde/Alliance fleet type dailies. I miss the story quests that came with the Fleet and Thunder Isle.
Everyone says there were way too many dailies at the start, and I agree, Thunder Isle PvE dailies weren't great either, by the end you'll end up doing 1-2 dailies in an area then move to a different area, repeat that 4-5 times, they aren't absolutely terrible though, the story is awesome and the Thunder Isle itself is great with its many additions. The solo scenarios were super fun too, I loved those.
I think Blizzard got it mostly right (excluding the annoying commendation tokens you pick up on corpses) when they did the Krasarang Fleet dailies, fun quests, not too many, not too few, and awesome story driven questlines.

I think a combination, a mix of these area would be perfect, I know Blizz can't make a "perfect" zone, but I don't think swinging wildly in different directions every patch is working.

These freefarming areas with no dailies feels like, to me, that I'm playing an older MMO where the developers didn't know about dailies yet.
Not to mention that Blizzard has recognized we're starving on bag space, yet keeps spamming us with tokens, Kor'kron supplies, and countless other items.

My other issue is that the Timeless Isle doesn't even flow with the current story, it feels too detached from the Siege of Orgrimmar. I wanted to see an evolution to the Battlefield Barrens area and quests. I wanted more story questlines. The Timeless Isle feels so random. Why are we even here?

Mists of Pandaria seems like Blizzard's "testing" expansion. Now while not all it is bad and I commend Blizz for not playing it safe this expansion, legendary and story driven quests, Sunsong Farm, and many other things are awesome, stuff like the no-quest areas I feel miss the mark.
I was playing the PTR under the effect as a human and an orc monk was able to give me buffs

Hi :)
90 Pandaren Priest
07/26/2013 11:29 PMPosted by Jinouga
I was playing the PTR under the effect as a human and an orc monk was able to give me buffs

Hi :)

Does this mean we can all be friends now?! :D
I want to like the isle but there are things I don't like.

1] Why am I here? Why are all these NPCs that I've seen time and again on mainland Pandaria here on the isle? Why are Wrathion and Anduin here? Why are the Celestials here? Why does the Bronze Dragonflight (Chromie) send me here? I just don't understand how the Timeless Isle fits into the on-going story.

2] It's too dangerous. This is my most geared character (avg ilvl 514) and I'm getting smacked around by mobs like a piñata at a birthday party. I like exploring but these mobs are a complete turn-off with their over-powered abilities, ridiculous group size and/or spacing from each other. I feel like there is no safe spot anywhere on the island, which is a complete disincentive for me to want to visit.

2a] Players are having fun kiting several tigers into Whispershade Hollow to grief players speaking with a quest NPC and players who just resurrected in its graveyard. The tigers will pounce on nearby players even if those players are not in combat with them. It is possible to be stun-locked from 100% health to death because of chain-pouncing.

2b] The frogs. At least change their movement speed so that they do not run faster than I do!

That said, here are some things I like.

1] I do like the fun items (Rhime of the Time-Lost Mariner is perfect for Hallow's End), but some of them still need tweaking like Censer of Eternal Agony, Obsidian Wall...

2] I like Senior Historian Evelyna's quest "A Timeless Question." I actually had to visit Wowpedia to look for answers to some of the questions.

Overall, though, I get the feeling that Timeless Isle - as it is now - will end up being like Isle of Giants. I'll visit a couple times and then forget about its existence.
Edited by Aliok on 7/27/2013 2:07 PM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
What sort of mob has a dot that ticks for 70k? (Ashleaf Sprite's Sun Worship)

The tuning on this isle is ridiculous.

EDIT:
The amount of cross-faction unflagged griefing is insane.

I thought you guys would have learned from Oondasta and not included mobs that cleave next to a world boss.

But no, every celestial pull there are alliance dragging mobs on top of people and stunning them.

I do hope you realize some of us play this game for fun. The Isle is not fun. There is enough incentive for people to pvp voluntarily on the isle with bloody coins. Why include an element of force for people who clearly aren't interested?
Edited by Gulder on 7/28/2013 2:18 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What sort of mob has a dot that ticks for 70k? (Ashleaf Sprite's Sun Worship)

The tuning on this isle is ridiculous.

My copied 516 Monk was terminated while "exploring" by a dot that ticked for 200k!

Completely agree with the above opinions on the tuning. I'm sure those in Heroic gear will have no problem, but for everyone else it's not only tiresome and expensive to fight your way through the dense packs of 1M+ hp mobs, it's also incredibly frustrating. Yes, I am sure that once people gear up from SoO (even LFR) they'll have an easier time of it, but first impressions count. My brief trip to the Isle on my monk was one of spending 99% of her time there running away from mobs and praying they didn't dismount her.

I guess we'll be hearing advice for fresh 90s to head straight for Timeless Isle, just like they were sent to their repeated deaths on Isle of Thunder in a desperate attempt to get access to Elder Charms ;)
90 Troll Druid
07/25/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Pizzathehutt
You realize they aren't done with the isle yet right? There is even a new faction (or two) that hasn't been activated yet on the isle that you can earn rep towards. Maybe EVERYONE should just chill out to see if a few dailys are associated with the new faction(s).

Apparently you didn't read the thread. From a blue post on the first page (emphasis added):
Note that the Timeless Isle is largely a self-directed experience, which diverges somewhat from our recent practice. You aren't going to find a hub of daily questgivers or NPCs who will assign you specific tasks to complete. There is a ton to do on the Timeless Isle, and countless secrets to discover, so go explore!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499900411?page=1#8
No daily quests :) Yes, the Isle may change, it's still the PTR, and we'll see what happens. My post was less directed at the Timeless Isle specifically and more a response to the discussion about some people wanting more direction and a sense of progression (with quite a few suggesting dailies specifically). I wanted to put the thought out there that maybe there's a better way to add more structured content for those that want it than adding yet another daily quest hub.

And apparently you haven't bothered logging in or exploring the island. There are 2 daily quests and a weekly so far. Stands to reason a few more scattered ones might get added.
yep they need to be toned down, i was just there and i stay above 30% hp above any kind of mob minus the rares.

thank elune i can use my defensive cd's against that 200k dot
Edited by Gistene on 7/29/2013 10:22 AM PDT
10 Blood Elf Paladin
I just find it ironic that the isle awards 496 gear when you'd likely need higher gear than that to survive this place.

yeah, thats what bothers me too...

imo, either bump up the ilvl, or tone down the mobs.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]