Lower Levels and World Bosses

90 Worgen Rogue
Why do I often find myself in a group for Oondasta or Nalak, only to see like 5 level 10s in the group? I Think you should need to be at least level 85 to claim loot from the bosses. It is beyond annoying to carry the ungrateful slackers. "Oh, i'm just getting gear for when i'm level 90." Well good, do that at a level that you can actually do something to the boss at. I say we either need to put a level requirement on the ability to get loot from world bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Their mere *presence* bothers you? That is one pretty darn petty complaint. Do you get bothered by people who have, in no way whatsoever impact YOUR personal gameplay in other aspects of the game?

Let's say...I don't know, random example...a level 20 joined in on a 'For the Horde/Alliance run' in one of the extra (this is important, not the main group, an *EXTRA*) groups that literally in no way was going to fill up the rest of its respective slots. Due to all the carnage these groups generate, they are no worse off from having someone who just happens to want to tag along that isn't level cap. Don't pull that 'low level aggro radius' crap because as far as PvPing in major cities go, that doesn't matter in the slightest since the invading players can just as easily have been baited, feared, mind-controlled, etc., in to any number of things which would impede the group. Besides, if the low level is more than willing to hoof 'er back and never ask for a rez, good on them. It shows they have commitment to seeing it through and don't need anything more than the charity of simply being able to immerse themselves in the crowd the raid brings.

So how about you get off your high horse, stop complaining about trivial things, and take off that stupid blindfold because it's clear you're too blind to see how STUPID you're being.
Reply Quote
75 Pandaren Monk
Dear Diary,

Someone did something that I don't like.

/signed tears
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It doesn't bother me and there shouldn't be a level requirement. I got my 476 boots when I was level 89 from sha. Doesn't seem like a big deal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
If it didn't occupy space that was going to be used for other, of level, players, then not really something to be up-in-arms about. Especially if they weren't even doing anything that hindered the group or being an *** to the group in chat. The effort/time you put in is not something special, unique, or valuable. You're just playing a game with other people. No more, no less.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
In another game I play there is a non-empty subset of the forum community that gets in a snit whenever some lowbie dares to enter some alert that the game let them or someone wasn't doing what they decided all on their own was acceptable DPS and promptly ragequit the alert.

The ragequitters are usually using characters that could successfully solo the alert. They are just "tired" of "carrying" all the "bads".

OP, if you want, I can hook you up with their details, sounds like you'd fit right in.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Does it really matter? Nalak is probably the easiest boss ever next to sha, and everyone just mindlessly zergs Oon.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
/drools

I can get 522 loot from Nalak at my level? How?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Reply to both of you so far, Level 72 panda must do the stuff im complaining about, you're argument is invalid. Vor. That's another thing. They don't run back. They want rezzes, they want summons, just to do nothing. Why the hell should they get loot for simply being present, while i have to try to get high dps and acknowledge mechanics. And lets say that level 20 does want into a FTH/FTA , why? He doesn't deserve the reward of others hard work. Your argument is like saying, i should go get a job where i suffer cost (repairs) so some random guy i don't know, who does nothing besides sit around and eats gets paid for my work. If you want to start giving me part of your money you make monthly, i will totally side with you.
Edited by Ryddorim on 7/22/2013 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Worgen Druid
Dear Diary,

/signed tears
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Eh, if level 1s can be added to World Boss raids and still get gear when they don't even have access to the continent, that seems like a pretty big bug. Getting Sha loot at 89 isn't the same as getting Oon loot when you're level 1 in Northshire and just sitting in the raid group.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Dear Diary,

/signed tears
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
07/22/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Kimlerin
Eh, if level 1s can be added to World Boss raids and still get gear when they don't even have access to the continent, that seems like a pretty big bug.

You can be summoned to Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
oh hey, someone else with logic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Don't bosses scale up in difficulty according to the number of people who hit it or have they changed this system now due to griefers? This is about the only downside I see about having sub level 90s in a raid on World Bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
If i can see 40 level 10s down Oon, then i will stop QQing about this. In my eyes, it's a bug and needs fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Reply to both of you so far, Level 72 panda must do the stuff im complaining about, you're argument is invalid. Vor. That's another thing. They don't run back. They want rezzes, they want summons, just to do nothing. Why the hell should they get loot for simply being present, while i have to try to get high dps and acknowledge mechanics. And lets say that level 20 does want into a FTH/FTA , why? He doesn't deserve the reward of others hard work. Your argument is like saying, i should go get a job where i suffer cost (repairs) so some random guy i don't know, who does nothing besides sit around and eats gets paid for my work. If you want to start giving me part of your money you make monthly, i will totally side with you.

What if they paid the raid leader? You're a "hire" of the raid leader, as your payment is the spoils of your fight. What if it was just a friend of the raid leader or member? Either situation seems fine to me, so long as it didn't hinder anything.
Edited by Ryddorim on 7/22/2013 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Getting Sha loot at 89 isn't the same as getting Oon loot when you're level 1 in Northshire and just sitting in the raid group.

One has to hit the boss at least once to get loot, just being in the raid won't do it.

For that matter, with faction tagging, they don't actually need to be in the raid at all just waiting around for a group to come kill it.
Edited by Sharmarli on 7/22/2013 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Don't bosses scale up in difficulty according to the number of people who hit it or have they changed this system now due to griefers? This is about the only downside I see about having sub level 90s in a raid on World Bosses.

That was just rare mobs since 5.2. World bosses are static health.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]