WOW vanilla/TBC servers

(Locked)

72 Draenei Shaman
because there will be a bigger population on one server and everything will be 100% funcional.
60 Pandaren Rogue
or adleast have a option of being able to go the raids with A verry high advance

What.. I don't even...
72 Draenei Shaman
Plus giving the people a posibility of starting off on vanilla and upgrading their selves up, alot of people would do that
90 Human Warlock
07/24/2013 05:33 PMPosted by Lamort
With a playerbase the size of WoW's 1% would be enough to get fair idea.
did you really just say that

Some people just don't grasp the idea that for a sample of the population to be accurate, it has to be random.

The membership of this forum is self selected, therefore not random, and therefore statistically irrelevant as to what the playerbase wants as a whole.
72 Draenei Shaman
to try what it was like, cause blizz worked on something and I dont see Why it cant be available
60 Pandaren Rogue
to try what it was like, cause blizz worked on something and I dont see Why it cant be available

Dude. Go read the Wall of No. It tells you EXACTLY why it can't be available :P
90 Human Warlock

Read the Wall of No post.

I know it's long, but several very good reasons are listed there.
90 Worgen Hunter
There is so many private servers with TBC (freeservers) and there is alot of people playing it and I know that people would play it even if it would be for a couple of months blizz would make money on it.

More likely than not, those people are on those servers because they don't want to pay Blizzard. Whatever subs they do get would not make Blizzard enough money for this to be a worthwhile venture.

Keep in mind that "profitable" also implies a certain margin of profit that makes both the time and cash investment worthwhile. You could say for a large investment and a year's worth of time, they could make a million dollars. In context of a company like Blizzard, that will end up hurting the company because the money and time could be invested in otherwise creating new projects rather than trying to reconstruct old code.

Secondly, I believe the most important thing to take away from the wall of no, is the numerous posts by Blizzard employees saying that they feel old content servers go against what they feel an MMO should be. Even if they do have archived code, most companies would rather spend time developing new projects rather than regress to their old, earlier stuff, especially since a good chunk of the hype towards their older projects is nostalgia more than anything else.

Ultimately, if they don't feel developing classic servers is within their company's future, they simply won't do it unless the profit margin is insane.
90 Undead Rogue

You are being deliberately obtuse.

Earlier today you necro'd a thread from 2011 and when confronted with facts you bowed out. That thread got deleted as far as I can tell.

Then you necro'd another one from later on and paid little attention to explanations. I don't know if it still exists, don't really care.

Now you're continuing to foment discord by approaching the same points address ad nauseum both in many previous threads on this topic, but but in the Wall of No specifically.

You, sir/madame, are trolling... pure and simple.

Read the Wall. Understand the Wall. It has everything you need to know about why Blizzard says it isn't financially viable enough for them to do. It is not in their business interests for too many reasons.

The sooner you understand and accept that the better off the entire playerbase will be.

Tired of the toxic atmosphere here on the forums and in the game? Stop being one of the people helping make it that way. Drop it and move on.
10 Undead Hunter
What's funny is, remember at end of Wotlk and Cata how many people were angry at the length of the last real patch? Where ICC and DS were done to death and there was a long halt in progression. Yeah... that was at LEAST 5 months. Classic and TBC servers would never progress. The massive burnout alone (ignoring other problems) is a reason I don't think its a good idea.
90 Undead Rogue
Actually I see the demand for Classic & TBC servers everyday on these discussion forums.
The Wall of No shows a list of 20 posts in a 31 day period from Feb to March this year. The average posting frequency is 5 per week. Unless you have data to the contrary, I have presumed that trend as a constant through time.

At 5 per week = 270/year
For 8 years (since the game began which is actually longer than these posts have been made) = only 2160 posts. That is approximate... again if you have better data, please post it (with links of course).

2k posts out of 8-12 million people (depends on when you point to, Wrath or now....) isn't squat. Frequency of posting here isn't relevant to actual demand from the playerbase overall. Blizzard certainly has more relevant and meaningful data they're using for this decision matrix. Stop 2nd guessing them, and by implication calling those of us who point out what they've said liars.

Get a life.
I don't think people would flock to classic servers like the folks in the threads think they would.

You would get the curiosity seekers and then when everyone figured out that it really sucked back then.....then the servers would be ghost towns.

THen there would be forum complaints on why doens't Blizz do something?? whaaa whaaa whaaa

suck it up buttercup, itisn't happening so quit making these inane and spammy threads.
60 Pandaren Rogue
Read the Wall. Understand the Wall. It has everything you need to know about why Blizzard says it isn't financially viable enough for them to do. It is not in their business interests for too many reasons.

Read the Wall.. Understand the Wall.. Love the Wall... Be the Wall..
90 Undead Rogue
07/24/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Baconbiscuit

Read the Wall.. Understand the Wall.. Love the Wall... Be the Wall..
I am The Wall... coo coo kachoo!
90 Worgen Warrior
Came here for the wall of no, leaving happy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Actually I see the demand for Classic & TBC servers everyday on these discussion forums. The very fact that people want this stuff should be a heads up to devs at Blizzard, we want to be able to play the content we purchased in 2004 and 2007 respectively, at their respective level caps.

Since you inserted yourself among the masses. I want you to list 10 reasons why you would want to play on a classic, Vanilla, server.

Just give me 10 things that would make you want to roll on and stay on a classic server.
90 Undead Rogue
we want to be able to play the content we purchased in 2004 and 2007 respectively, at their respective level caps.
You purchased nothing but the client side network data that would let you connect to the Blizzard game servers.

"Content" is licensed to you for your 'use' through your monthly subscription. You have no "rights" -- Blizz owns it all and you play only at their sufferance. You have no foundation, legal, moral or otherwise to "demand" anything of them.

Try again.
90 Human Paladin
Actually I see the demand for Classic & TBC servers everyday on these discussion forums. The very fact that people want this stuff should be a heads up to devs at Blizzard, we want to be able to play the content we purchased in 2004 and 2007 respectively, at their respective level caps.

People say a lot of things, until they have to pay for them.

I'm waiting for a single person who posts these things to do a semi-serious business case, adding up all the costs and benefits. The way I see it, the costs will be about US$3-5M, with new (or extra) subscriptions making the breakeven point about 7-10 years. But if someone has the numbers, feel free to convince me!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]