2 discs raiding

90 Pandaren Priest
07/17/2013 04:58 AMPosted by Rhias
Edit: His problem was that I had given his friend pointers. And he was the one whole told the other disc to stack haste and spirit. So he thought I was being a know it all and calling him terrible. I was just giving her pointers because she tends to heal less then one of spriest a who sometimes goes holy if needed. He only has 5k spirit and hasn't played holy since Cata I believe. So something was a little up. Plus she never shields or uses atonentment. One of her highest heals is renew.

Well, telling her to stack Haste and Spirit is not necessarily a bad thing. As you can see from my armory, I have a lot of Haste and I have a lot of Spirit - even while Disc. Discipline is very fluid in what secondary stats they can focus on. Most of the output depends on the playstyle and enjoyment the player is getting out of what they're doing. Certain stats lend more to that than others.

As far as the rest, his Priest friend may have been better off going Holy, but without having been there to listen to how you phrased things to said friend, I can't say why he got the impression that you were being condescending.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
^ Basically. Anytime I see a disc priest use renew that much I mention to them that maybe they should try holy :P It still doesn't give him the right to act like a jerk and I hope he apologized for it later and if he ever does it again he's kicked.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I had mentioned going holy to her. I understand that haste and spirit can be good for disc, but she doesn't play like she's disc. She plays like she's holy.

As soon as I get a few more ilvls, I'm going to reforge into a bit mor haste and spirit. So I know it can be good, but you have to be able to play it correctly. She rarely does any atonement, shields, or SShell. It'd be the same sort of a deal if she was holy and castes more PW:S then renews. And I had also told her that I have a long list of things to work on and that anyone who raids should be doing their best to get better.

Our RL said he won't raid with us again since he acted like that. But he hasn't apologized and probably won't. He was trying to prove a point. I would have told him he was amazing if he had done so well without shutting me down. I have no problem telling someone they're good if they are. Thing is, we are casual. So we try and give people a chance. I think I was feeling masochistic or something last night cause I somehow put up with it.
Edited by Rhias on 7/17/2013 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/17/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Vear
It will suck hard when you need a healing cooldown and to top off the raid. IMO one of you should go holy.

Two bubbles and rolling spirit shields, with a resto druid in third seat. You seem to be inventing problems that shouldn't even be possible.

Edit: Unless the other disco acts like the guy mentioned in the updated post. But, healers that wouldn't try to sabotage the raid would work well together, as others have mentioned.

Well, depends which content you're doing I guess, and personal preference. I find it more efficient to have damage reduction AND healing cooldowns instead of having 2x damage reduction.

Example tonight, I went holy for H Megaera, pretty sure it would have been horrible with 2 discs. http://tinyurl.com/ps8bdl6

Not saying it's not good, but personally I hate healing with another disc.. in 10 man. 25 it's a different story.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]