Heroic Horridon Help Please !!

1 Blood Elf Priest
Our raid group has really struggled with this fight ... We have issues with swapping the raid comp as some of the players don't have offspecs .. We are currently using a Resto Druid and Holy Pally to heal; However we do have a Disc Priest and a Mistweaver Monk !! The only issues is that the Pally and Druid do not have an offspec .. Please help with any advice understanding we cannot change this immediately .. Wrong talents? Spell selection? Or am I just not organized enough to down it.

Any Help is greatly Appreciated !!

Logs :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0akcc5i667wmohhp/
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I appreciate the advice ! We have discussed many scenarios with this fight and have asked out Disc to Attonement heal more ... He is specced more for Mastery and creating bubbles rather than doing dmg . With that said what do you think we should do with the situation of the healers? We either have to let the Disc go Shadow or 3 heal with Druid / Disc / Pally
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I wish we could do what you are suggesting ... However our Pally healer does not have an offspec ! We have 3 healers and only the Priest has an Offspec . So we are stuck having to either 2 heal with Druid and Pally or 3 heal adding the Priest
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Looking at the 5 longest attempts, there was something that I noticed that was pretty consistent with the druid: Lifebloom and Harmony uptimes are dreadful. Work on trying to keep those near 100%. On your longest attempt (11:06) Lifebloom was only up 56.5% of the time. This is significantly lower than it should be.

Also, I'd suggest speccing Incarnation for that fight to start off. The extra raid CD will definitely help in tight situations. While I like the versatility of SotF, I do recognize that Incarnation would be easier in terms of progression. It will also be very handy when you get to the third and fourth doors and find yourself needing more raid healing.

For the paladin: Tell him to find another trinket. The Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn is absolute garbage for all healers.

Honestly, there should be absolutely no issues with two healing with the druid and paladin. However, if you're having that much difficulty I'd suggest having the priest heal and spirit shelling all of the Dire Calls. This will ease some of the strain on the pally and druid until one and/or both of them get an OS.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I know what you mean with respect to the Harmony ... With the healing we seemed to have issues on certain aspects of the fight like Dire Call for instance ... This forced me to heal differently as when I cast my swiftmend and then wild growth, having SoTF, I am able to top off the raid quickly without using a CD . I was relegated to raid healing primarily and probably should go back to healing how I would normally heal which would allow me to use swiftmend on CD and LB the tanks. I appreciate you pointing this out but I wonder if this has much to do with our problem ? It seems like our biggest issues are the 3rd and 4th door and keeping the tanks up ... Which I will tell you , it seems like a one shot when they die ? Maybe we are not dealing with the dispels properly ? or there are too many stacks ?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I was curious ... Do you think I should use the Lightning Imbued Chalice rather then the Valor Trink ?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Who are you Symbiosisisisizing? The pally tank may be the best bet, as he/she would get Barkskin, and you can Cleanse the disease on that third door. I have only seen it on Heroic a couple of times, and the worst was the Bleed which both pallies should be able to BoP.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It would help ease the problem. Might not seem like a very large deal when you're considering the entirety of the fight. However, your Clearcasting procs would definitely be extremely useful when used to Regrowth a tank. Especially when you get to the third or fourth doors, you'll be expending a lot of mana to keep up with raid damage. The best thing you can do is conserve as much as possible.

In our raids, we have designated raid CDs for each Dire Call. The reason I suggested taking Incarnation over SotF is because you're going to definitely need the extra raid CD later in the fight. It'll be a very large help on the 3rd/4th doors (which is the only time you'll find yourself possibly needing a raid cooldown outside of Dire Calls and the last phase when Jalak is out), and if you find yourself not needing it in either of those places it will help in the last phase as well.

As for dispels, we only dispel if there are 2 or more stacks on a target. We absolutely never let the stacks hit 5. So anywhere between 2 and 5 is fine. You should have anyone who is able to dispel dispelling to help out. This will also help conserve healer mana. As stated above, if you need to help dispel diseases, put Symbiosis on the paladin tank.

In response to your trinket choices, if you find yourself running low on mana, it might be best to use the vp trinket and stagger that with your Innervate. If you just need pure throughput, the Chalice will be better.
Edited by Catakins on 7/17/2013 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I am concerned that if we 3 heal we will not have enough DPS ! Based on the logs do you think we are in line to be able to do this ?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Also ... This is the latest attempt with us 2 healing and our priest as dps

Log:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ikdveocj5yvkquvj/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
There isn't a lot of damage on this fight except for certain doors if people aren't interrupting or dispelling poison.

I noticed you didn't use Ironbark once on any of your fights. You need to change that especially towards the end where tank damage is hardest. You should in fact keep that rolling on Horridon tank.

Your raid's DPS is really low for heroic and you guy's gear level.

You should make use of HotW on the first 45 seconds of this encounter and straight wrath spam horridon.

As was already mentioned, your LB upkeep is really lacking and Harmony a bit better. But since you weren't dpsing it should always be over 90%.

Your tanks are getting hit by things they can avoid.

DPS not paying attention to Dire call and dying.

Not dispelling poison etc.

Make sure to grab CLEANSE from your pally to help dispel that. You're have 2 dispels so use them.

Have your major healing CD up for last phase and you and pally should go all out to keep people alive. Spam RJ, RG Tranquility and Incarnation. You should end that fight with as little mana as possible otherwise you're not healing enough. You tanks should have all their major CDs for the last phase too.

Don't use a spirit flask. The only hard healing on this encounter comes toward the end where you should be spamming the crap out of the tanks. Take incarnation so you can roll LB on both tanks and have instant RGs.

DO not 3 heal this your DPS is already too low. If your raid helps interupt, move out of bad the healing is not worth mentioning. More heals simply covers up bad game play.

Here's my last week's log for Horridon

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-81nt4vd2x18afihu/sum/damageDone/?s=535&e=1125
Edited by Trollmendous on 7/17/2013 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
As it's looking by your logs, you'll be very close to hitting enrage while 2-healing it. You're going to need to step up the dps on the adds. 99.9% chance that you're going to be hitting the enrage.

I was comparing your logs to a friend's guild that recently downed the boss (to put it into 10m perspective /runs 25m). Roughly 1.5m raid dps is needed to down him with room for error. My friend's guild pulled 1.45m and your guild is pulling 1.36m. They were 6 seconds off the enrage timer. Your guild is averaging 83.7k dps less.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I really appreciate you taking the time to give your perspective ... I value the advice ! Do you have suggestions on how they can avoid these problems ? Like what are the tanks taking they can avoid ? what are the best ways for the dps to avoid Dire Call ? etc ... Thank you
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Thank you a ton for all the help you have given !! I honestly thank you for taking time to give me your advice ... Do you think we should not attempt this with our group comp ? And move on to try to get more gear ? We have done Jin Rokh and Ji Kun as well on Heroic successfully.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You'll probably want to keep all the information regarding this issue in one thread :) I don't have much experience with heroics, so I'll leave that to the experts.

I would imagine you will have to balance whether you want to keep pushing and hoping player skill increases enough to address the issues the others have brought up with continuing to run normals and further gear players. Gear doesn't stop people from standing in bad things though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Best way to avoid damage in that fight is to interrupt when needed and not stand in things. The tanks should be rotating cooldowns and getting rid of their stacks. Make sure you have a healer watching the tanks at all times. Even if they say they're fine.

It's definitely doable in your current situation. It just requires a bit more effort and efficiency. You'll have to make absolutely certain that all things are interrupted, and if they're not you'll have to dispel.

Make sure your dps is on their A-game. It's not a hard fight, but it is a hard check.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Hey there!

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before me, but I see you're not using wild mushrooms much. Placing them around where your raid usually stands and getting them empowered just before dire call is a good (and super mana efficient) way to top your raid off in seconds! They're also a good tool to use on Jalak's Beastial Cry.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c3v52vzz0usigcea/sum/healingDone/?s=447&e=978
^ Logs from last week Horridon if you want to take a look

=) Good luck!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]