Coping Strategies

90 Draenei Priest
Be it PvP, Raiding or Dungeons the burden of the healer is great. So what coping strategies have we all come up with to avoid eating a live hand grenade to put ourselves out of our misery?

Personally, I like to pretend that the idiots are actually enemies and by not healing them I'm actually helping. I mean someone so insistent on standing in the green pool of death or running straight into a horde of 15.....Horde obviously can't be an ally trying to help us win, right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think you need a Xanax if it makes you that anxious.
Reply Quote
67 Blood Elf Paladin
I like to think that some people are so new to the game that they don't know any better; its better than the truth...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
While healing itself can be a blast and a half, there's always the "baddie" factor to take into consideration. There will always be "that guy". You know the guy. Stands in the fire then complains about the healer not keeping them up. Facepulls all the things and blames the tank for not pulling off of him. Ignores mechanics that lowers his DPS, then complains of bad DPS in the raid. They are everywhere. It's disheartening, but they are.

The trick is to not let it get to you. It's not your fault if that guy yells at you. He gets off or gets his high on making himself feel better about how much better he is than you, deluding himself in self-importance. Ignorance is bliss, after all. Keep in mind, too, that while it may be realm dependent on how many of that guy you encounter, it's always random, and always a low chance of it.

As for coping? I listen to music. All kinds of music. They always calm me down after dealing with a bad raid or dungeon.
Edited by Fistlobster on 7/19/2013 10:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
I laugh at everything that goes wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Wait until you learn leap of faith and void shift. So many possibilities.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I usually crack jokes to cope with things, in game and in real life.

This is usually not well received in either place. :P But hey, humor gets me through.

Other people flail and rage, I crack jokes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
sacrifice evry
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I laugh at everything that goes wrong.

I do this too unless I make the mistake. Then I punch the arm of my chair a lot and fume.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
There are three drawers in the desk by my computer.

The top drawer has hand lotion and tissue.

The middle drawer has a bottle of whiskey and an empty glass.

The bottom drawer has a revolver and a single bullet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Frozen, i am not sure which one of us is more terrible of a person.

In this case, my money is on you
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Frozen terrifies me. You just make me giggle, Ionnex.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's okay tsilyi, it's because he's an alien
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
frozen irl

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/bigboreshooter/MISC/alien3.gif
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Health Bar nightmares. Always fun. ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
frozen irl

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/bigboreshooter/MISC/alien3.gif

What are you on?

Frozen is a teddy bear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
a teddy bear shaped alien
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
a teddy bear shaped alien

What makes you think all teddy bears aren't just teddy bear-shaped aliens?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
because you're special
Reply Quote
When I'm in groups with people that take a bunch of unecessary damage to make my job that much harder I just go "Challenge accepted" and try my best to carry them through my heals, I just take it as a personal challenge. If anything, I kind of like it because it's good practice to keep you sharp, quick, and thinking on your toes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]