Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
If it's more than I can heal or they making me heal unnecessary damage repeatedly, I let them die. It takes extra effort to avoid smart heal atonment to accomplish this, but I make it work. Then I explain what the problem is. Doesn't happen often, though, and never been kicked.
I actually have found Healing to be the least stressful.
But to answer your question, I just take my eyes off the monitor which my face is glued to, and look around, turning my head both ways. In this moment I realize I am not actually Kuwilei, a felweed smoking Troll of the Darkspear Tribe, and that Azeroth is all in a video game, coded only in 0's and 1's.
Also that any of the single altercations that cause stress, even if they were in real life, are relatively petty and unworthy of such a great degree of emotion.
Just my perspective.
Taking comfort in the fact that at the start of this expansion:
• There was no DPS "requirement."
• Noone demanded quick runs.
• We've CCed the Saurok Ironhides and at least one of the other ones in Mogu'Shan Palace.
• Players have actually died to Wise Mari's spinning water cannon (not sure of the exact name).
• Tanks stayed in one area killing vermin until it dawned on them that maybe these are streaming adds and they should just rush to the next boss.
• Tanks, instead of dropping straight down into the area where Raigonn (Gate of the Setting Sun) is, instead went all the way around and eventually got the [Conscriptionist] achievement.
• Queue times were long (30-45 mins), since nobody wanted to tank, preferring to DPS in order to learn the fights.
• People said these heroics were stupid easy.
Basically, I "cope" by realizing that every time I queue up, I'll be healing hypocrites that tell people to keep up/pull everything/quick runs plz. Knowing the risks makes life a little easier (emphasis on 'a little').
Edited by Joeblow on 7/26/2013 10:10 AM PDT
Healing for me is either the most relaxing role or the most stressful. Most bad groups don't stress me out, but the rude ones that are horrid - well let's say they might have a higher repair bill.
I also tend to listen to music based on the role I'm doing. When I'm healing I usually listen to much calmer music then when I tank.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.