Resto Druid and Spirit

So, I this is my first max character and so I'm totally new to seriously gearing up. I switched back to Resto at max after a little vacation on Balance and my guild recently started raiding. What I'm wondering is what would a "safe" amount of spirit be. No I'm not asking what the perfect number is or what the minimum should be so there's no need to tell me how it's all based on my play style. I get it. What I want to know is good amount to start at so I'm not going oom all the time while I try to balance out all my stats to fit personal needs and play style. Any and all help is welcome and thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I am happiest around 10k, but it will depend on your trinkets, whether or not you have the legendary meta, your healing partners, and how much your raid team likes to stand in poo. By the way, the Bag of Hydra-Poo trinket is garbage. Throw it away and get the Shado-Pan VP one as soon as you can. I have mine macro'd to Innervate, so I don't have to think about it. The VP trinket is very good for resto druids.

Edit: Um, putting a spirit gem in an Agi belt doesn't magically turn it into a piece of healing gear. ;)
Edited by Pipikaula on 7/24/2013 12:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks, I was on the fence on the VP trinket but I hadn't heard too much about it so I was a little hesitant.

Btw I completely didn't even notice it was an Agility belt until after I'd equipped it and sold the previous one because of how terrible it was I was sure this one couldn't worse (I guess that was a mistake). I think LFR glitched as far as loot because I checked and it was still set on Resto so I don't know how it happened :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i run around 11k just cause i heal to much at times yup im bad ...... but i wouldnt gem sipirit once u hit 500ish and go straight mastery if you have the 3043 and the wait for 540 for the 13k haste point

red = int/mastery
yellow = straight mastery
blue = spirit/mastery
extra sockets = straight mastery
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The only time I was uncomfortable with my spirit was back in October, starting on MSV. I was in the low 6000s, and both my and my entire raid groups was maybe ilevel 460. For those first weeks, I'd be skidding on OOM for the last 60 or so seconds of the fight.

I'm very happy with my 10k now. With the legendary meta and my trinkets, I can liberally sprinkle the raid with RJs and cast to my heart's content.

07/24/2013 12:59 AMPosted by Astrai
VP trinket but I hadn't heard too much about it

That's more because it's pretty plain (Base intellect and an on-use that is essentially a mana potion) than that there's anything wrong with it.

I know you didn't ask for any other feedback, but my two cents ...

Your glyph choices are odd. As a resto druid, you probably aren't going to be Dashing all that often, and because Rebirth is baseline 40% HP/Mana on your rezz'd buddy, using a glyph slot for a bit more HP/Mana isn't worth it. Regrowth glyph is terrific.

You can reforge a bit of haste away - until you can hit the big 13k threshold, try to keep your haste at (or as close to) 3043 as possible. Don't go under, but know that any point above 3043 would be better placed into any other secondary stat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks, I was on the fence on the VP trinket but I hadn't heard too much about it so I was a little hesitant.

Btw I completely didn't even notice it was an Agility belt until after I'd equipped it and sold the previous one because of how terrible it was I was sure this one couldn't worse (I guess that was a mistake). I think LFR glitched as far as loot because I checked and it was still set on Resto so I don't know how it happened :P

You can get random loot not for your spec from a bag, for some reason :/ Have had friends get healing gear when they were dps :P Glyphs I prefer in comparison to what you're using are: regrowth (which you have), lifebloom, and wild growth.

Think I am logged out in pvp gear, but for pve I also aim for around 10k (think currently I'm around 8 or 9). I raid on my disc priest with a druid cohealer and I believe he has a little over 10k as well for heroics :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I hate all of you with Horridons trinket.

Really ticking me off. Need to buff drop/coin chance on that big time. Must be about 20kills *AND* coins now and it's never once dropped. A disc priest coined it once. That's it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Really ticking me off. Need to buff drop/coin chance on that big time. Must be about 20kills *AND* coins now and it's never once dropped. A disc priest coined it once. That's it.

i feel bad for healers not getting it we have d/e it like 6 times >.<
Edited by Nillie on 7/24/2013 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I hate your disc priest.

I've been coining it on my disc priest as well and nothing :/ We had it drop ONCE the first time we killed him and that was it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

We've had a horrible time with trinkets as well. All of them. I got mine with a coin, very luckily early on, but we've only seen it drop one other time and I have yet to receive it on my other two healers in lfr form (and never seen the lfr version on this toon come to think of it...)... It's like my Spirits of the Sun for this tier, I've receive that thing once (lfr) between 3 toons and a ton of coins in ToES.

As to the op's question, t14 before nerfs I was comfortable at around 7.5k spirit and for ToT about 10k was good for normals (I'm higher now for heroic progression), I just recently swapped out a bunch of Purified gems for Artfuls, but I've also been using this toon as my main since the last xpac and I've had alot of practice with managing her mana. For now I would recommend going as much spirit as possible (around 12k leaves quite a bit of wiggle room for ToT norm) until you're comfortable and gradually replace gems/enchants when you start ending fights with a good chunk of mana left.

Weakauras is a terrific addon for any class/spec and I use that as resto to alert me when my mana drops below a certain threshold when my Innervate or Shado-pan trinket are off cooldown to get the most out of them.
Edited by Gatoddy on 7/25/2013 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Spirit is for chumps.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
They just removed (or more accurately, disabled) Glyph of Efflo on the PTR. Druids are for chumps.

Reroll MW/Disc while you still have time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
They just removed (or more accurately, disabled) Glyph of Efflo on the PTR. Druids are for chumps.

Reroll MW/Disc while you still have time.

As if a measly Efflor glyph has any bearing on rdruids in 5.4. If only.

Say hello to 13163 HBP and genesis.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
due to healers not having a roation at all it HIGHLY depends on the way your healing and your trinkets/group play style. if your raid cannot listen to instruction get ready to burn through a load of mana.

my druid currently has 9031 spirit and i raid ToT on normal 6/12 atm should be 12/12 tonight. i somewhat feel alright with this amount as long as i remember to pop my trinket which adds mana early on in the fight so i don't go oom. i do stack spirit flask 1k spirit, eat int food 275 at the least; their is a 300 one but thats hard to get and they do have spirit food if you need more. other then that. i have yet to reforge and the addon im using tells me to reforge into mastery away from spirit. probably will be stacking spirit food at this point.

I usually test my healing in LFR or at least dungeons at the least. and remember to simply pop mana cd's EARLY. i also carry mana pots around but you can only use one per fight. works really great though 30k extra mana is much wanted in raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
As if a measly Efflor glyph has any bearing on rdruids in 5.4. If only.

Say hello to 13163 HBP and genesis.

No, you're completely wrong. You cannot disagree with Andromeda/Eleazaras, as they are obviously the god of Druids. Once they have spoken, it is final.

THE SKY IS FALLING
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hit 3043 Haste BP and you can do whatever you'd like. I went for a spirit-heavy build (about 16k) to provide for Rejuvenation blanketing, which charged my Wild Mushrooms quickly. Got my 600 cloak yesterday and I could finally shoot for the 13163 Haste BP, dropped a few thousand Spirit and Mastery to do so. I'm loving how the haste build feels so far.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I like around 13k spirit + 2 mana trinkets(Horridon+VP)

I like to rejuv blanket a LOT so I wanted enough mana to be comfortable with doing so.

I go red sockets=160 intellect, yellow=80 intellect 160 mastery, blue=80 intellect 160 spirit
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It depends if you're 10m or 25m.

10m you can definitely run about 10k spirit, 25m you can only pull that off if you have meta and HLG with 13k haste BP ( around 540 ilvl) because that will scale them so well that really you're sitting at like 13k spirit with way more throughput.

For 25m below 540 ilvl you're going to want about 13k spirit even with 2 mana trinkets and even your meta. Some people gem int/mastery or int/spirit and pure int, some people gem spirit / mastery and pure spirit after that point to focus on more throughput or rejuv spam with crazy high levels of spirit. Both work, just depends on the raid comp.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Hit 3043 Haste BP and you can do whatever you'd like. I went for a spirit-heavy build (about 16k) to provide for Rejuvenation blanketing, which charged my Wild Mushrooms quickly. Got my 600 cloak yesterday and I could finally shoot for the 13163 Haste BP, dropped a few thousand Spirit and Mastery to do so. I'm loving how the haste build feels so far.

Hey bro -your Mastery is a tad low. You should reforge more spi and get about 4900 rating as the sims shows this to be optimal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm loving how the haste build feels so far.

Same.

Clearcasting, LMG and trinket procs like crazy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]