Legendary Cloak Clarification?

90 Troll Priest
This may have been already answered ( I tried to find an answer or thread that was recent to the new effect but couldn't).

I was wondering how the proc effect will work with absorption healing. so here are my questions:

Priest -
1) How will it affect PW:S on full health or non full health targets?
2) How will it affect Spirit shell targets that are full health? non full health?
3) How will it affect Divine Aegis?
Pally -
4) How will this work with sacred shield on full health or non full health targets?
5) How will this affect illuminated healing on full health or non full health targets?
Monk-
6) How will this affect targets of life cocoon?
7) Will this effect apply to heals from the jade serpent statue?
General-
8) How will this affect heal on damage effects from abilities such as Prayer of Mending, Earth shield, and living seed? will it count from when they were applied? activated? not at all?
9) will all absorbs be counted as overhealing or only absorbs on full health targets or not absorbs at all?

I understand how the 3% bonus healing will apply but am seeking clarification on the "all overhealing will be distributed to nearby injured targets" part as it applies to absorb mechanics mostly.
I have trouble getting on the PTR for some reason so maybe someone from there could answer, or really anyone who knows the answer to some of these questions.

thank you,
-Psychs
Reply Quote
Details aren't known yet. I would not expect the cloak to work with absorption effects. It may or may not work with Divine Aegis depending how it handles crits. I.e., Inner Focus a GH/FH onto a full health target, do the spread heals crit too?

6) How will this affect targets of life cocoon?

Probably will function as expected, where all overheal during the proc is spread. So if you had LC up with EnvMist it does X healing per tick. The overheal of each tick is redistributed, depending how it interacts with HoTs.

TFT with the proc up sounds like the dumbest !@#$ ever.
(edit. 5.1 Spirit Shell likely still dumber)

We don't really know much about it yet, these are just my guesses.
Edited by Evry on 7/16/2013 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
yeah I guess the reason why I'm asking is because I see that healers where absorption is a huge part of their healing (disc priests and holy pallies) can end up either severely overpowered or severely gimped depending on whether or not it affects absorption.

personally I'd hope that it would find some reasonable solution that does block absorption healers from benefiting from the proc, but also does give them the free pass.

edit: also i'd be curious if it does affect absorption effects at all will the "distributed healing" be in the form of absorption or straight heals? seeing an absorption on one raid member turn into healing on others would seem weird. (and also defeat the purpose of spirit shell or PW:S?)
Edited by Psychs on 7/16/2013 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
severely gimped depending on whether or not it affects absorption.

Absorb healers can have 0 effect from the cloak and still be the most sought after.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
07/16/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Sensations
severely gimped depending on whether or not it affects absorption.

Absorb healers can have 0 effect from the cloak and still be the most sought after.

perhaps, perhaps not
if all reactive healers benefit from the cloak and preemptive healers don't then reactive healers may end up in a much stronger place. thats why I'm asking these questions
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/16/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Psychs

perhaps, perhaps not
if all reactive healers benefit from the cloak and preemptive healers don't then reactive healers may end up in a much stronger place. thats why I'm asking these questions

Since they're currently in a much weaker place, would that really matter?
Reply Quote

lolwut. That's why you play disc for so many fights right?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/16/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Evry

lolwut. That's why you play disc for so many fights right?

I'm lucky. There are two other Disc Priests. :D

I admit that most of the idea that "Holy is bad" is due to misconceptions people cling desperately to. It's not bad at all. :-P
Reply Quote
Of course holy isn't bad. Holy priests, Resto druids, and mistweavers crush disc priests (and to a lesser extent holy pallies) in terms of throughput.

If SoO has enough raid damage to justify steroid-infused raid cds, Spirit Shell's value outside of allowing disc to hit its [low] throughput cap will be niche. They'll still be brought for PS/Barrier and Atonement. How much lower does disc's throughput have to be to be "balanced"? There's no valid answer to that question, so don't pretend there is.

Throughput oriented healers are still extremely valuable and brought. It has no relevance to a legendary favoring specific healers over others. (assuming, especially, that Blizzard overlooks interaction with aoe heals not counting Full hp targets for DR caps)
Edited by Evry on 7/16/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
This will only be an issue if the range of the proc is ridiculously high.

Think about what type of heals overheal a lot:

1) Ground AoE Heals (healing rain, Efflo - glorified AoE HoTs)
2) Single target HoTs

Now, in a situation where a ground AoE heal is typically overhealing on one target, it is probably overhealing on multiple targets. Think about damage patterns. Most of the time, when significant AoE healing is needed, it comes very consistently and the damage is predictable - Maegera Rampage, Qon Fist Smash, Phase 3 Lei Shein. If one person is getting overhealed because of a healing rain in these situations, then most likely everyone else is near full health or also getting overhealed. Thus, the proc won't do anything important like saving a life.

Single target HoTs are kind of the same way.

BUT if it turns out that this proc has a ridiuclously high range then yes it could be an issue. If it has something like a 5-10 yard radius which I suspect it will, this isn't really a big issue, even for absorb classes.

My 2c anyhow.

Edit - if it does have the low range, then most likely this will be nothing more than a glorified tool for meter padding for the aforementioned reasons.
Edited by Gardiff on 7/16/2013 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
nothing more than a glorified tool for meter padding for the aforementioned reasons.

The important part is that it won't be a glorified meter padding tool for Discipline. >:[
That's a good point about the range though. We'll have to see. 3% healing increase is nice, I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
07/16/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Gardiff
BUT if it turns out that this proc has a ridiuclously high range then yes it could be an issue. If it has something like a 5-10 yard radius which I suspect it will, this isn't really a big issue, even for absorb classes.

from the sounds of it the range is higher than that. if you mean the proc rate then yes that will have an impact, but the range looks like it is going to be decently far.

I SEVERELY doubt it has a 5-10 yard range. that would be a complete waste of an effect. heck even atonement and fistweaveing have ranges triple to four times that size. A 5 yard range is practically stacked. I would be surprised if the range was anything less than 20-30 yards
Edited by Psychs on 7/17/2013 6:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Meh, it will suck as Disc, as did the legendary mace. However, having a disc in the raid will make OTHER healer's cloak proc more often, making it ultimately still worth having the disco about.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Meh, it will suck as Disc, as did the legendary mace. However, having a disc in the raid will make OTHER healer's cloak proc more often, making it ultimately still worth having the disco about.

If things stay anything similar to what they are now, you'd still want a disc priest.

Something that I haven't checked or looked into; what if the raid is at full health with a proc?
Edited by Docquinn on 7/17/2013 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]