Soloing Deathwhisper on 25N

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've seen the video of slootbag doing it on heroic, but I honestly don't get how he silences everything before Curse of Torpor goes out. And once it does, gg. I just stand there and get obliterated by everything.

I haven't tried it as ret, mostly because I tried Marrowgar as ret and he 3 shot me. My prot set is basically my ret gear with a sword and board.

Can anyone help me out?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
marrowgar would 3shot you because of how the mechanics of the fight work (if I recall correctly you used to 3tank him because of shared cleave)

since DW is mostly magic I'd imagine ret would probably have an easier time soloing it with the higher dps.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Deathwhisper as Ret is tricky, and seems to require pretty strong gear. I only recently became able to manage it, and I've got a much better weapon than you currently do. Basically, kill the Adherents ASAP and hope for the best.

Alternately: go Prot, glyph Focused Shield, and pull all the trash from the entrance through Deathwhisper's room, for infinite Grand Crusader procs (cooldown reset = bypass Curse of Torpor). Machine-gun shields into Marrowgar, then Deathwhisper. Profit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
marrowgar would 3shot you because of how the mechanics of the fight work (if I recall correctly you used to 3tank him because of shared cleave)

since DW is mostly magic I'd imagine ret would probably have an easier time soloing it with the higher dps.

Oh so it's doable. Good to know.

Deathwhisper as Ret is tricky, and seems to require pretty strong gear. I only recently became able to manage it, and I've got a much better weapon than you currently do. Basically, kill the Adherents ASAP and hope for the best.

Alternately: go Prot, glyph Focused Shield, and pull all the trash from the entrance through Deathwhisper's room, for infinite Grand Crusader procs (cooldown reset = bypass Curse of Torpor). Machine-gun shields into Marrowgar, then Deathwhisper. Profit.

Did you seriously just illustrate a method of fighting 2 bosses simultaneously o_o

NOW I get why slootbag said he pulled the trash because that way he didn't have to deal with adherents. Right, Grand Crusader procs.

But all your mitigation is tied to active abilities, no? Especially Shield of the Righteous :|
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You have to kill Marrowgar before you can get to Deathwhisper, but you can drag all the trash with you the whole way.

Surviving hasn't been a major issue, IMX, despite SotR uptime dropping to near zero.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Paladin
But all your mitigation is tied to active abilities, no? Especially Shield of the Righteous :|

Grand Crusader Proc'd Avenger's Shield generates Holy Power, which allows for Shield of the Righteous, and at the rate you're gaining Grand Crusader proc's you'll have enough HoPo to mix in SotR and WoG (with the T15 block bonus) to keep yourself going indefinitely.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Curse of Torpor does give SotR and WoG nasty long cooldowns, though. But Sacred Shield, Seal of Insight, and sometimes a cooldown or two has been enough to keep me alive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't kill any trash, use it for the bosses and /win
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
So no Full House 25m then?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]