Mistweaver mana is nerf again!

90 Pandaren Monk
PTR PATCH 5.4: Mana Tea now restores 2% of maximum mana per stack (down from 4%).
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/54_PTR_Patch_Notes_-_July_18-7_18_2013

It means our mana is nerf 50%! Now we need to get more spirit again, cannot stack purely int, haste and cric.

Mistweaver is nerf in every patch from 5.1 to 5.4!
Edited by Xingling on 7/18/2013 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
It means our mana is nerf 50%! Now we need to get more spirit again, cannot stack purely int, haste and cric.

lol. you'd be right if mana tea was why we get rid of spirit.

spoiler alert: it's not.

LMG and MM interaction remains untouched, we'll still be able to stack purely int \ haste \ crit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
MM is muscle memory right? Wait...nvm I figured it out><.
Edited by Marathel on 7/18/2013 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LMG and MM interaction remains untouched, we'll still be able to stack purely int \ haste \ crit.

Need try in PTR 1st. However, before this nerf, I can win healing gold challenge in Proving Ground, now is impossible! In Proving Ground, LMG is useless. B4 nerf, at 10th wave of gold challenge, I nearly oom. Now sure oom.....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I was able to do up to the 8th wave of Endless with 3000 spirit in Proving Grounds. Will be harder to do PG now, but that isn't exactly relevant content.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
07/18/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Mist
I was able to do up to the 8th wave of Endless with 3000 spirit in Proving Grounds.

Amazing with 3k spirit.

Will be harder to do PG now, but that isn't exactly relevant content.

Agreed.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Priest
Gonna suck without legendary Meta, No? lol.
Think I should get hopping on it >.<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Yeah. I only realized I had 3000 spirit because I went oom going into wave 8. Then I realized the gear was scaled down and got really mad.

lol

Gonna suck without legendary Meta, No? lol.

You'll probably need a little bit more spirit, but I'd imagine you'd need a bit more than I run without the LMG anyways. I'd never run this spirit without the LMG.
Edited by Mist on 7/18/2013 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mist, b4 nerf, how u win gold challenge in PG with only 3k spirit? U fistweave most time? Do u RM on CD?
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Priest
You'll probably need a little bit more spirit, but I'd imagine you'd need a bit more than I run without the LMG anyways. I'd never run this spirit without the LMG.

my MW is 506 ilvl, 7.5k spirit with two intel trinqs that proc spirit. It works perfect for me. My HASTE rm breakpoint is topped at 9.1k. I dont want to drop the RM breakpoint to the middle one for spirit -.-
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Mist, b4 nerf, how u win gold challenge in PG with only 3k spirit? U fistweave most time? Do u RM on CD?

I specifically avoided fistweaving. RM on all groups at all times, SM on the tank, bank chi so that I can envelope him when he takes a lot of damage, and make liberal use of chi torpedo \ life cocoon.

I only cast when I need to cast, no other time, really.

my MW is 506 ilvl, 7.5k spirit with two intel trinqs that proc spirit. It works perfect for me. My HASTE rm breakpoint is topped at 9.1k. I dont want to drop the RM breakpoint to the middle one for spirit -.-

At 506 ilvl, this implies that you're gemming haste which I wouldn't suggest. The 9158 breakpoint is only -really- worth it if you have the kind of gear that I have and can easily make it by reforging alone.

I'd personally suggest going for 6141 and gemming more int \ int crit.

That said, there is a significant difference between 7.5k spirit and 6158 spirit.
Edited by Mist on 7/18/2013 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Priest
At 506 ilvl, this implies that you're gemming haste which I wouldn't suggest. The 9158 breakpoint is only -really- worth it if you have the kind of gear that I have and can easily make it by reforging alone.

I'd personally suggest going for 6141 and gemming more int \ int crit.

I only reforged out of spirit and mastery, my gems are int and crit
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Man, 506 gear must be itemized really well then.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Call me crazy, but I was kind of hoping that that would make Spirit a more attractive stat by working it into our mechanics when they got around to nerfing our mana regen, instead of just doing something like this. Hopefully they aren't calling it a day yet. I knew the mana nerf was coming, but ugh.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Chi Brew now restores 2 Chi, has a 45-second cooldown (down from 1.5 minutes), and generate stacks of Brew/Teas based on the Monk's specialization.
Brewmaster: 5 stacks of Elusive Brew
Mistweaver: 2 stacks of Mana Tea
Windwalker: 2 stacks of Tigereye Brew
Chi Burst no longer requires a target. It now travels as a 40-yard line in front of the Monk.

Now Chi Brew become the best option compare to Power Strikes and Ascension.
Chi Burst become like Chi Torpedo, so good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Chi Brew is actually nerfed -really- hard. So did Chi Burst.

Chi Brew before today was 4 chi, 1.5 minutes, 4 stacks of mana tea. Chi Brew was good because it was REALLY good for burst healing. (IE: uplift uplift brew uplift uplift) - We'll be chopping off an extra uplift but we'll be able to use it more often.

Good for being able to use it in more spots, not as good for burst healing.

Chi Burst change is just stupid. Instead of 40 yards in whatever direction you want, to whatever target you want, it's just 40 yards in front of you. Going to be a lot harder to use.

Alternatively, Power Strikes now procs from SCK \ RJW \ Expel Harm in addition to everything else. Which.. makes it a bit more attractive.
Edited by Mist on 7/18/2013 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Not a fan of the chi burst change. I liked having quick ways to target without necessarily having to worry about which was I'm facing. But maybe it'll be easier for times where there is raid stacking and you won't have to choose the perfect target for full effect?

Also, getting two chi from Expel Harm is awesome
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Being able to target expel harm w/ the glyph is delicious, but I don't know if power strikes will be worth taking even though we can get 2 chi from expel harm.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
The new RJW seems fun. Probably still not preferred over the others, but being able to deal decent stack healing while generating chi and being able to cast other spells doesn't seem bad at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
It's basically a good alternative to chi torpedo when you can't completely abuse chi torpedo. It lets us accomplish what we do by cancelling spinning crane kick w\o losing anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]