Mistweaver mana is nerf again!

100 Night Elf Druid
I don't get it... why are they nerfing mana tea if the real problem is the legendary meta? That seems like it's just unnecessarily harsh on monks that don't have it yet (since they are being rebalanced around the ones that DO have it).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
the meta is totally not the problem.

I am so upset by the mana tea nerf that will hurt us so much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The suck part is this thread is only about pve. This nerf pretty much spells game over for us in pvp. I mean it pretty much just destroys us.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Not sure if you're trolling...

My monk has 5k spirit and 480 ilvl.

It has better regen than my 536ilvl druid whom has 13.5k spirit. It's not even remotely close to balanced.

Not only the fact that the regen mechanic is insanely good...it's the fact it allows a monk to actually run with less than half the spirit of other healers = more throughput. You don't even have to consider the stat. But the stat is SUPPOSED to be a MEANINGFUL stat for all healers.

If I could do that on my druid, I would have >40% mastery, or reach a haste breakpoint that quite frankly, probably hasnt even been discovered yet.

Here's an idea. Nerf MW monk hit chance gained via spirit maybe. Double the spirit needed to convert to hit, maybe even more. Theres a start. (Double the spirit needed to hit cap would probably require +/- 10k?)

Whatever the case is, the objective is to make spirit as desired/necessary as it is for every healer. (Or should be.)

And that is a good thing for balance.
Edited by Tonydanza on 7/19/2013 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk

I AM NOT TROLLING I AM VERY ANGRY.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The nerf seems justified to me, unless I'm completely missing something. Here are some logs of a friend and I on his monk alt and my pally alt.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a4qmvgnby46q7kmk/dashboard/

Jinrokh 3:53 minute fight
Monk gets 240k mana from Mana Tea
In a fight this short innervate could be used a max of 2 times for 120k mana
Divine Plea could also only be used twice for even less mana than the Druid.

Horridon 9:01 minute fight
Monk gets 613800 mana from Mana Tea
Druid gets a max of 4 Innervates for 240k
Paladins get a max of 5 Divine Pleas, again for less mana than Druids

Council we see similar results. Obviously there is more to it than that. Such as Paladins get mana from seal of insight and druids getting free spells from clear casting. But when you take into consideration the fact that Monks get more out of RPPM effects, such as HLG and LMG, and that they can actually gain mana back when the LMG procs, it seems that the regen gap between Monks and other classes only gets larger.
Edited by Moophius on 7/19/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
the meta is totally not the problem.

NERF MIST:

Spirit 6158
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
07/19/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Mist

I AM NOT TROLLING I AM VERY ANGRY.

Dear Mist,

My sarcasm meter is now a smoldering pile of metal. I am sending you the invoice for 4,053 gold, 42 silver and 99 copper.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I do not know what you people are talking about I am so traumatized right now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
@Moophius: Are you comparing how much mana you are spending and how much mana you are getting back between the two classes? I can almost promise you that the monk spends more mana.
Edited by Mist on 7/19/2013 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
rejuv costs 50% less than renewing mist lol. Crane kick costs 21.5k mana, why are you comparing the mana regen we get from tea when our spells cost a lot more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
rejuv costs 50% less than renewing mist lol. Crane kick costs 21.5k mana, why are you comparing the mana regen we get from tea when our spells cost a lot more.

Because we are sabotaging the dreams of other players who wish to become HPS heroes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk

look there is no room for logic can you not see we are all very upset?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Change not going through as-is it looks like.

The fact that a 50% nerf to Mana Tea feels like a 50% nerf to your overall mana regen should indicate why the change was necessary. We want healers to want Spirit. When a healing class is actively avoiding Spirit whenever possible, there's a problem.

That said, there’s still a lot of work and discussion going on here. We’re probably not going to keep this particular change. The overall goal is simply that you care about Spirit, and we’ll be rebalancing as necessary.

from here: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/264735-mana-tea-nerf-pvp-ramifications/

I think it would be a good thing if they made us care about Spirit more, but that's going to mean they actually need Spirit to work with our class mechanics as more than just passive regen. Hope they have something planned that is good! I'd like time to test it out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
see.

when I get upset over things, they revert them.

That said, I wonder how they're going to "make us care about spirit" without blatantly breaking the meta gem. They can't keep making our spells cost more mana.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Druids also spam Rejuv. Monks only cast Renewing Mist once every 8 seconds. Paladins Holy Radiance costs 21k and I casted it 38 times on Horridon to the Monks 0 crane kicks. On council I casted it 37 times, again, to his 0 casts of Crane Kick.

I'm on my phone currently but when I can get to my computer I will figure out the mana spent for each of us.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
see.

when I get upset over things, they revert them.

And you were so very upset. I could tell!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
very seriously upset.

so upset my heart was hurting and I was crying tears of pain.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I don't get it... why are they nerfing mana tea if the real problem is the legendary meta? That seems like it's just unnecessarily harsh on monks that don't have it yet (since they are being rebalanced around the ones that DO have it).

Because nerfing the legendary meta would impact the regen of all healers, when what they want to do is nerf Monk regen to bring it closer in line with that of other healing specs. It makes no sense to nerf something that all 6 specs share.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Unfortunately, unless they want to just blatantly break LMG for Mistweavers, to make Mistweavers care about spirit, you have to make it an attractive throughput stat or completely overhaul the class.

I don't see a "real" fix happening this expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]