Lore trivia on Timeless Isle

90 Night Elf Druid
I'm getting info from Red Shirt Guy/IGoD here, as the PTR refuses to work for me.

There's apparently a quest on the Timeless Isle to answer lore trivia questions. Here's some of them. How many can you answer?

This Horde ship was crafted by goblins. Originally intended to bring Thrall and Aggra to the Maelstrom, the ship was destroyed in a surprise attack by the Alliance.

Draka's Fury
Hellscream's Fury
Aggra's Fury
Durotan's Fury

What are undead murlocs called?

Gorlocs
Mur'ghouls
Wolvar
Mur'liches

What is the name of Tirion Fordring's gray stallion?

Ashanor
Mistsilver
Feonir
Mirador

Which of these is the correct name for King Varian Wrynn's first wife?

Tiffin Windemere Wrynn
Therese Anne Wrynn
Therese Angharad Wrynn
Tiffin Ellerlan Wrynn

Who was the first satyr to be created?

Peroth'arn
Garaxxas
Xavius
Vyletongue

Before Ripsnarl became a worgen, he had a family. What was his wife's name?

Emma Harrington
Calissa Harrington
Vanessa Whitehall
Katrina Whitehall

This structure, located in Zangarmarsh was controlled by naga who sought to drain a precious and limited resource: the water of Outland.

Snakecoil Cavern
Serpentine Basin
Coilfang Reservoir
Spiralfang Cistern

One name for this loa is "Night's Friend"

Shirvallah
Kimbul
Mueh'zala
Shadra

This defender of the Scarlet Crusade was killed while slaying the dreadlord Beltheris

Fellari Swiftarrow
Holia Sunshield
Yana Bloodspear
Valea Twinblades

Brown-skinned orcs first began showing up on Azeroth several years after the Third War, when the Dark Portal was reactivated. What are these orcs called?

Mag'har
Felblood
Mok'Nathal
Fel orc

Succubus demons revel in causing anguish, and they serve the Legion by conducting nightmarish interrogations. What species is the succubus?

Ered'ruin
Sayaad
Shivarra
Eredar

While working as a tutor, Stalvan Mistmantle became obsessed with one of his students, a young woman named Tilloa. What was the name of her younger brother?

Billy
William
Giles
Tobias

Who was the mighty proto-dragon captured by Loken and tranformed into Razorscale?

Galakrond
Veranus
Zeptek
Vyletongue

This emissary of the Horde felt that Silvermoon City was a little too bright and clean.

Cheneta
Kristine Denny
Tatal
Dela Runetotem

This queen oversaw the evacuation of her people after the Cataclysm struck and the Forsaken attacked her nation.

Queen Lia Greymane
Queen Malia Greymane
Queen Liria Greymane
Queen Mia Greymane

Not long ago, this frail Zandalari troll sought to tame a direhorn. Although he journeyed to the Isle of Giants, he was slain in his quest. What was his name?

Maaka
Grimath
Talak
Ra'wiri

Arthas's death knights were trained in a floating citadel that was taken by force when many of them rebelled against the Lich King. What was the fortress's name?

Acherus
Naxxanar
Kolramas
Naxxramas

White wolves were once the favored mounts of which orc clan?

Whiteclaw clan
Warsong clan
Frostwolf clan
Icefang clan

In Taur-ahe, the language of the tauren, what does law'korwl mean?

Sharp claw
Razor tooth
Sharp tooth
Razor claw

Name the homeworld of the ethereals.

K'aresh
Xarodi
Khu'ral
Xoroth

Who was the first death knight to be created on Azeroth?

Teron Gorefiend
Arthas Menethil
Alexandros Mograine
Koltira Deathweaver

In the assault on Icecrown, Horde forces dishonorably attacked Alliance soldiers who were busy fighting Scourge and trying to capture this gate.

Corp'rethar
Aldur'thar
Angrathar
Mord'rethar

What evidence drove Prince Arthas to slaughter the people in Stratholme during the Third War?

Tainted soil
Tainted wildlife
Tainted water
Tainted grain

Who is the current leader of the gnomish people?

Gelbin Mekkatorque
Millhouse Manastorm
Sicco Thermaplugg
Fizzcrank Fullthrottle

Malfurion Stormrage helped found this group which is the primary druidic organization of Azeroth

Crimson Ring
Emerald Circle
Earthen Ring
Cenarion Circle

The draenei like to joke that in the language of the naaru, the word Exodar has this meaning

Defective elekk turd
Crystal death trap
Worthless elekk dung
Radioactive biohazard

Thane Kurdran Wildhammer recently suffered a tragic loss when his valiant gryphon was killed in a fire. What was this gryphon's name?

Swifwing
Sharpbeak
Sky'ree
Stormbeak

Before she was raised from the dead by Arthas to serve the Scourge, Sindragosa was a part of what dragonflight?

Red dragonflight
Blue dragonflight
Green dragonflight
Bronze dragonflight

The Ironforge library features a replica of an unusually large ram's skeleton. What was the name of this legendary ram?

Gorehoof
Toothgnasher
Bloodhorn
Steelmauler

Name the titan lore-keeper who was a member of the elite Pantheon

Aman'Thul
Norgannon
Eonar
Khaz'goroth

What did the dragon aspects give the night elves after the War of the Ancients?

Teldrassil
Well of Eternity
Nordrassil
Moonwells

Formerly a healthy paladin, this draenei fell ill after fighting the Burning Legion and becoming one of the Broken. He later became a powerful shaman.

Velen
Akama
Maraad
Nobundo

Who were the three young twilight drakes guarding the twilight dragon eggs in the Obsidian Sanctum?

Tenebron, Vesperon and Shadron
Tenebron, Vesperon and Halion
Theralion, Shadron and Abyssion
Theralion, Halion and Abyssion

What phrase means "Thank you" in Draconic, the language of the dragons?

Borela mir
Belan shi
Avral shi
Alena mir

Before the original Horde formed, a highly contagious sickness began spreading rapidly among the orcs. What did the orcs call it?

Scarlet fever
Blood pox
Crimson fever
Red pox

What is the highest rank bestowed on a druid?

Shaman
Stormcaller
Archdruid
Far seer
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
some are easy
This structure, located in Zangarmarsh was controlled by naga who sought to drain a precious and limited resource: the water of Outland.Snakecoil CavernSerpentine BasinCoilfang ReservoirSpiralfang Cistern

some are just insignificant and random

What phrase means "Thank you" in Draconic, the language of the dragons?Borela mirBelan shi Avral shiAlena mir
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
In the assault on Icecrown, Horde forces dishonorably attacked Alliance soldiers who were busy fighting Scourge and trying to capture this gate.

Someones hard-core Alliance. Even I acknowledge that it was a rogue faction no longer associating with the hrode
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I got most of them

This defender of the Scarlet Crusade was killed while slaying the dreadlord Beltheris

Fellari Swiftarrow
Holia Sunshield
Yana Bloodspear
Valea Twinblades

I don't know this one but I'm pretty sure it's one of the statues in Armsmaster Harlan's room. (Scarlet Champion Herod's room for all the vets)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Someones hard-core Alliance. Even I acknowledge that it was a rogue faction no longer associating with the hrode

BZZZZZ

This was one of Garrosh's commanders, whom he chastised in his short story.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
07/18/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Turntech

It is a different quest then what you are thinking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
some are just insignificant and random

Trivia in a nutshell!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Trivia in a nutshell!

Details are what brings a setting to life.
Reply Quote
Well, to be fair, both the gates in question are listed as potential answers -- Angrathar (the Wrathgate) and Mord'rethar (the Death Gate, site of the Broken Front quests). I think the question does describe Mord'rethar better, but I'd need to see the correct answer to know if it's really what they meant.

For those who don't remember, or weren't playing during WotLK: At the Wrathgate, the Royal Apothecary Society attacked Alliance, Horde and Scourge alike with the plague, and were immediately disavowed by the rest of the Horde. At Mord'rethar, Alliance forces were working to break the gate's defenses during a blizzard, and a Horde unit snuck up on them and slaughtered them. This spoiled any chance either side had of defeating the Scourge there, but the Horde forces were commended for their actions by their commanders on the Orgrim's Hammer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Formerly a healthy paladin, this draenei fell ill after fighting the Burning Legion and becoming one of the Broken. He later became a powerful shaman.

Velen
Akama
Maraad
Nobundo

Uh, doesn't both Nobundo and Akama fit this? I suppose Nobundo is likely more powerful but still.
This spoiled any chance either side had of defeating the Scourge there, but the Horde forces were commended for their actions by their commanders on the Orgrim's Hammer.

Krom Blackscar (Orgrim's Hammer's captain) was also told off by both Garrosh and Thrall for commending it.
Edited by Ximothy on 7/19/2013 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Uh, doesn't both Nobundo and Akama fit this? I suppose Nobundo is likely more powerful but still.

I think the answer is Nobundo since he was the one with a short story.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I dont recall any lore mentioning what class/occupation Akama had before he became a broken.
Edited by Zerde on 7/19/2013 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I dont recall any lore mentioning what class/occupation Akama had before he became a broken.

He's a shaman now, we know that much, though he was once a member of Karabor, so perhaps he was a Priest? He was wearing robes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
07/19/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Zerde

I think he was either a Paladin or Priest. He couldn't hear the Light anymore(Which is weird but ok).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
He's a shaman now, we know that much, though he was once a member of Karabor, so perhaps he was a Priest? He was wearing robes.

That is my point. The game has never explicitly mentioned Akama was a paladin so the trivia question is still pointing toward Nobundo.
Edited by Zerde on 7/19/2013 8:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I only knew about half of these answers..guess I'll have to brush up on my lore huh?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Some of these questions are super specific.

I'm not sure what Tiffin's middle name is. :-x
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
What is the highest rank bestowed on a druid?

Shaman
Stormcaller
Archdruid
Far seer

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Now we just need this quest giver to sing "one of these things is not like the other" while waiting for us to answer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Got them most of em, missed Tilloa's brother, law'korwl, Ripsnarl's wife, the silvermoon ambassador and "Thank you" in draconic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]