5.4 PTR Healing: The State of it

90 Pandaren Priest
RJW is pretty nice now, i'm going to at least try it

and ofc we can actually consider RJW a mana-savings talent in a way, so it's even worse

e: since the cooldown is twice as long as a SCK channel
Edited by Truelite on 9/10/2013 4:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
RJW is pretty nice now, i'm going to at least try it

and ofc we can actually consider RJW a mana-savings talent in a way, so it's even worse

e: since the cooldown is twice as long as a SCK channel

According to Reglitch on MMO-C, RJW will be a loss in Chi generation and raw HPS. Xuen and CT will be the way to go depending on the fights.

I read that awhile ago, so this information could be wrong.
Edited by Takure on 9/10/2013 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
MMO-C is not a good source for MW theorycrafting

having said that i'll have to do my own math. and obv if you're SCK canceling for chi it's a chi loss, that's a no-brainer

e: suplift and mist will back me up on the MMO-C thing. it's just not great
Edited by Truelite on 9/10/2013 4:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
MMO-C is not a good source for MW theorycrafting

having said that i'll have to do my own math. and obv if you're SCK canceling for chi it's a chi loss, that's a no-brainer

Even if you're not canceling it, it's still more Chi gen.

Here is a blog done by Reglitch: http://bestmonk.eu/
Edited by Takure on 9/10/2013 4:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Even if you're not canceling it, it's still more Chi gen.

well yeah

thinking about it, i'll give it a shot tonight, tomorrow i'll use CT/Xuen instead and see how SCK canceling works out

actually putting together how much regen monks have
lmg: ~4k post-nerf (assuming you can jab twice during the proc)
spirit: like 8k i think? can't log in obv
chi brew: 30k
tea from chi: 12k

so we've got about 54k mp5 to work with. or, exactly half as much as 5 SCKs cost.
Edited by Truelite on 9/10/2013 5:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Stop quoting !@#$ from regiltch.

That is a rule.

Now, RJW isn't very good for 25 due to the fact you want to use SCK more in 25's. Also you don't want to cancel SCK anymore. The smart healing changes massively increased SCK output, making it a worthwhile thing to channel.

However in 10's you'd consider using it for the chi gen for fistweaving. You're not going to press spinning crane kick while fistweaving in 10 mans as it is. The talent becomes more alluring for the bonus free damage and healing. The Chi gen you gain from pressing RJW every 4 seconds is a dps increase, because of the RJW damage + Blackout kick hitting harder than TP and cleaving. Not only that RJW procs MM making it extremely powerful if you use it for fistweaving.

SCK is also a channel where you do not white hit, meaning with RJW you'll continuously white hit instead of channeling.

This would probably be the talent to take if xuen wasn't so good on 99% of encounters.

TL;DR RJW is good, just Xuen is better. (for 10 mans, for 25's Chi torpedo > RJW)

Also, Monks don't -need- more spirit with 5.4 changes to LMG. We're just going to have more, LMG nerfs are offset by chi brew buffs and mana tea changes. Not only that we're switching to crit gems because of the revival nerfs.

The only reason we went int because revival scaled so insanely with int. Now that it has been nerfed. We can go crit gemming now. Crit gemming already did similar if not better output both damage and healing wise.

Also I think zen sphere if you're going with micro managing is better than chi burst now? I'm not 100% sure tbh.
Edited by Suplift on 9/10/2013 5:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
i'm still reeling from non-canceled SCK being mana neutral
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I mean if xuen wasn't buffed I'd take RJW on every fight.

Just xuen is insane.

Like bat!@#$ insane.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
whoops forgot about regen from crit. and after simming myself crit is better or only slightly worse than int in most cases so i guess i'll be gemming crit once servers are up

i'll end up with ~880 mp5 from crit, hue
Edited by Truelite on 9/10/2013 5:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
http://www.temerityofwindrunner.com/mistweaver/calc.html

This shows crit being either higher on current spells or equal.

It would seem crit is only weaker with lvl 30 talents, life cocoon and revival.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
http://www.temerityofwindrunner.com/mistweaver/calc.html

This shows crit being either higher on current spells or equal.

It would seem crit is only weaker with lvl 30 talents, life cocoon and revival.

with my stats it's weaker for uplift and a few talents, better for everything else

(and yes that's what i simmed with lol)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yea for me it's different.

It really depends on how strong your weapon is.

CRIT OP
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk

That is a rule.

Okay, noted. I don't really know much about theorycrafters or theorycrafting, I just usually go with 'what feels right'. If RJW 'feels' better then CT or Xuen, I'll be more inclined to take it even if it's a theoretical healing loss.

Maybe it's just me, but I think healing is about the 'feel' and not about what is theoretically better.

OT: I think I'll stay away from theorycrafting threads or chat, I don't really get it and I'll probs just end up confusing people or making an idiot out of myself, like I have already. ^_^
Edited by Takure on 9/10/2013 6:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

That is a rule.

Okay, noted. I don't really know much about theorycrafters or theorycrafting, I just usually go with 'what feels right'. If RJW 'feels' better then CT or Xuen, I'll be more inclined to take it even if it's a theoretical healing loss.

Maybe it's just me, but I think healing is about the 'feel' and not about what is theoretically better.

OT: I think I'll stay away from theorycrafting threads or chat, I don't really get it and I'll probs just end up confusing people or making an idiot out of myself, like I have already. ^_^

don't worry you're already getting a hang of it
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
WTH happened here? I thought we were complaining about priests and everyone getting benched?! Get outta here you crazy monks!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
literally everyone is getting benched because everyone is op

also shadow effectively has divine hymn back lmao
Edited by Truelite on 9/10/2013 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
literally everyone is getting benched because everyone is op

The natural way of things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]