Sanctity of Battle and holy

90 Human Paladin
"Sanctity of Battle now also affects the cooldown of Holy Shock"

I don't understand what this means. What effects are going to lower HS' CD?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
With the new tier 2pc giving 25% increase in healing on IoL procs, I'm thinking haste/crit builds will be outperforming mastery.
Edited by Bionìx on 7/23/2013 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't understand what this means. What effects are going to lower HS' CD?

You will be able to stack haste to lower your CD of HS as well as Judgment. If you take SH in 5.4, which at the moment looks pretty good, you'll want to get your haste up to build stacks of SH faster. Need to do more testing on the ptr but stacking some haste, you can lower the CD's to 5 sec which will make HoPo build faster. With SH now including HR it is pretty attractive, especially with the loss of IH off the ticks of EF.
Edited by Taelaus on 7/23/2013 9:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thank you for explaining this. I assume this is an effort to balance our stats, to lower the value of mastery and increase the value of haste?

I was actually hoping it was something to do with seal of insight and melee, because I wish holy still got some benefit from melee.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was actually hoping it was something to do with seal of insight and melee, because I wish holy still got some benefit from melee.

No unfortunately they are removing that from paladins, which really doesn't make sense.

I assume this is an effort to balance our stats, to lower the value of mastery and increase the value of haste?

Was the only way they could try to off set the IH nerf to EF imo. If you go SH in 5.4 playstyle changes a bit, though i like it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I haven't played the ptr, but the SH playstyle does sound interesting. I'm glad there is something to help make up for the IH nerf to EF. I have been afraid that we are just not going to be competitive with the other healing specs in 5.4.

I think that they are removing the melee for mana mechanic as a nerf to prot which just unfortunately affects holy in a way it won't affect prot or ret, in other words, holy will have no reason to be in melee range anymore. We used to be the melee healer, I'd like to see some of that flavor returned to the class.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I think that they are removing the melee for mana mechanic as a nerf to prot which just unfortunately affects holy in a way it won't affect prot or ret

No, Blizzard has said that they're removing the mana regen from Insight specifically to remove that option for Holy. That's why Prot is getting its mana regen compensated for with the buff to Guarded by the Light.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No, Blizzard has said that they're removing the mana regen from Insight specifically to remove that option for Holy. That's why Prot is getting its mana regen compensated for with the buff to Guarded by the Light.

Yeah.

I still can't figure out why they removed the mana mechanic from SoI, buffed Battle Healer glyph to be better for holy. Could have just taken holy paladins off the ranged table like monks instead of torturing us and making us run out for boss ranged damage.
Edited by Taelaus on 7/23/2013 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Could have just taken holy paladins off the ranged table like monks instead of torturing us and making us run out for boss ranged damage.

Agreed. Right now it feels like they took ones of our toys away and gave it to monks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just did a test with a Shadow Priest, and the 5% haste buff you get from being in party / raid with a Shadow Priest does NOT affect Sanctity of Battle; it does NOT lower the cd on Holy Shock.

The tooltip says "melee haste effects" reduce this CD. However, I also tried partying with a rogue for the 10% melee attack speed buff, and again, my holy shock CD stayed the same; the rogue attack speed buff did NOT lower my Holy Shock CD.

This seems significant to me. Is it intentional? If so, what's the point in having holy shock be affected by melee haste, if we have no way to get melee haste? Am I missing something? What class provides a strictly "melee haste" buff?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I just did a test with a Shadow Priest, and the 5% haste buff you get from being in party / raid with a Shadow Priest does NOT affect Sanctity of Battle; it does NOT lower the cd on Holy Shock.

The tooltip says "melee haste effects" reduce this CD. However, I also tried partying with a rogue for the 10% melee attack speed buff, and again, my holy shock CD stayed the same; the rogue attack speed buff did NOT lower my Holy Shock CD.

This seems significant to me. Is it intentional? If so, what's the point in having holy shock be affected by melee haste, if we have no way to get melee haste? Am I missing something? What class provides a strictly "melee haste" buff?

Spell haste doesn't affect it. The melee attack speed buff is not haste, so it doesn't affect it either. Only actual melee haste effects (haste on gear, potions, Bloodlust, etc.) will affect it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]