Iron Qon Bugged?

100 Dwarf Paladin
My guild was clearing ToT tonight and after downing animus we moved on to Iron Qon we downed this boss last week and avoided wiping on wind storm by LOSing and hiding behind the pillars this strategy worked...until this week when wiped on this phase because apparently blizzard "fixed" this strategy 2/3 of the way into the tier

is this intended?
Edited by Shadowbreakr on 7/17/2013 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I didn't even know that was a thing. Why don't you just do it the normal way?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Most likely. I suggest doing it the 'normal way' as it was intended to do? Maybe contact support?
Reply Quote
93 Human Mage
? Maybe bug forum?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Your method of killing the boss is fine. The bug that reset the boss occurs in the second phase when he flies back down from the whirlwind phase. When Iron Qon comes down he cannot be down near the stairs or else he will reset. If you want to keep doing this strat you might want to make your tank go out early or not los bug at all so he will not fly too far away. Or just do it the normal way to avoid any and all bugs.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I didn't even know that was a thing. Why don't you just do it the normal way?

its easier also it wouldn't matter so much if it was like a week or 2 into the tier but its been several months since this strat worked but now they decided to break it instead of then
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Your method of killing the boss is fine. The bug that reset the boss occurs in the second phase when he flies back down from the whirlwind phase. When Iron Qon comes down he cannot be down near the stairs or else he will reset. If you want to keep doing this strat you might want to make your tank go out early or not los bug at all so he will not fly too far away. Or just do it the normal way to avoid any and all bugs.

hes not resetting hes just pulling us through the walls and we get trapped in wind storm anyway
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
07/17/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Shadowbreakr

hes not resetting hes just pulling us through the walls and we get trapped in wind storm anyway

I believe he has to grip atleast one person. Again you can use your tank to bait it. Also this was not intended and is a bug so I do believe you can get reset from it. Why would you need to be using this start anyway? You outgear the fight... it should be a cakewalk.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I believe he has to grip atleast one person. Again you can use your tank to bait it. Also this was not intended and is a bug so I do believe you can get reset from it. Why would you need to be using this start anyway? You outgear the fight... it should be a cakewalk.

last week everyone avoided it by los ing no problem I know we out gear it but tornadoes can still kill us plus its also the principle that they shouldn't change a fight halfway into the tier unless theres a game breaking bug (such as being able to kill it in under like 10 seconds or something)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
07/17/2013 08:56 PMPosted by Shadowbreakr

last week everyone avoided it by los ing no problem I know we out gear it but tornadoes can still kill us plus its also the principle that they shouldn't change a fight halfway into the tier unless theres a game breaking bug (such as being able to kill it in under like 10 seconds or something)

Well, it is technically a bug so if they did happen to change it in the past week it was intentional seeing as it completely removed a core mechanic of the fight.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Well, it is technically a bug so if they did happen to change it in the past week it was intentional seeing as it completely removed a core mechanic of the fight.

so they should have fixed it back when it was first discovered not now when the tier is almost over messing up my guilds and I am sure many other guilds progression
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

Indeed.

Looks like you just have to deal with the tornadoes.

BTW if you have a Warlock, Demon Portals are a godsend.

so they should have fixed it back when it was first discovered not now when the tier is almost over messing up my guilds and I am sure many other guilds progression

Well now you can't entirely ignore a mechanic. Blizzard frowns on such behavior.
Edited by Gorkag on 7/17/2013 9:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
BTW if you have a Warlock, Demon Portals are a godsend.

we don't have one :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
07/17/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Shadowbreakr

If your guilds progression relys on a bug that removes an important mechanic of the boss encounter that's a major problem.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
If your guilds progression relys on a bug that removes an important mechanic of the boss encounter that's a major problem.

ok lets nerf primordious to then and make it so that you have to worry about mutations instead of be able to zerg it and lets nerf council to since if you kill sul fast enough you don't have to deal with the sand storm

my guild was hoping to down lei shen this week as a guild I guess we will have to bang our heads against iron qon for 3 more weeks before we down him again
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
That is literally the only slightly difficult part of that entire fight.

You don't need to exploit a bug to beat it. Just stop getting hit by crap.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
07/17/2013 09:32 PMPosted by Shadowbreakr

ok lets nerf primordious to then and make it so that you have to worry about mutations instead of be able to zerg it and lets nerf council to since if you kill sul fast enough you don't have to deal with the sand storm

my guild was hoping to down lei shen this week as a guild I guess we will have to bang our heads against iron qon for 3 more weeks before we down him again

I..Do not understand. Are you instructing your guildies to look for the pattern before they cross?
/console setcameramaxdistance 4 I believe is the correct macro to zoom out the camera. You might want to google it, but it makes fights a LOT easier with an all encompassing view.

Try it out. :) Adapt and overcome.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
You don't need to exploit a bug to beat it. Just stop getting hit by crap.

its not an exploit its use of game mechanics

pretty sure theres a blue post stating they would remove bugs or clever use of game mechanics on boss fights if the boss is already live unless its game breaking which in this case it isn't
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I..Do not understand. Are you instructing your guildies to look for the pattern before they cross? /console setcameramaxdistance 4 I believe is the correct macro to zoom out the camera. You might want to google it, but it makes fights a LOT easier with an all encompassing view.

I am sure we will be able to down iron qon the way it was designed to be downed but now my guild has to go back and do progression on a boss that we should be on lei shen
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's not that the mechanic is all to hard to deal with. It;s the fact that something was changed in the live game and there was no mention of it in any hotfixes or any blue posts. The ability for people to get through the mechanic is not what is at question here. He just wants to know if Blizz did this on purpose to mess with people doing this way or not. I mean if they fixed this, why not screw over people using demon gates as well?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]