Help our Priest!

100 Pandaren Shaman
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/783j6y8ul2z7e2eb/

Any good priests able to shift through this bit and tell me what Yajinden should be doing differently? (No Flaming or anything like that, I am a pretty new Role Leader, and don't know how they play really, so I don't really know how to help.)

He is a little on the low side and would love to have my healers on top of their game as we do Heroic Progression.

I am putting him in a raid healing situation if that matters at all.

Also wondering if he should be going for different secondary stats.

Thank You for your time.

P.S. He was only present for Heroic Jin'Rokh
Edited by Krogara on 7/17/2013 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Looks like they logged out in shadow spec, so not really sure if they're using the same gear for disc or not (hope not since they're missing a lot of gems and enchants @_@). Do you know what stat priority they're doing?

I did notice they're not really atonement healing all that much, at least for me on that fight it tends to be near the top 3 or at least the top 5 and for them it's very close to the bottom. I also prefer cascade or divine star over halo for that fight, but that could just be a personal preference.

On the kill attempt they did use spirit shell, but it looks like on the longest attempt (6 minutes) they didn't use it at all so hopefully they lean more towards using it in the future ;) I raid heal this fight on my disc priest and try to get spirit shells out before each ball phase.

I'm still getting used to reading meters so I'm sure someone else can comment more :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
He needs to use Atonement a lot more.

He needs to enchant his gear.

He needs to get rid of the Glyph of Power Word: Shield and the Glyph of Smite and pick something else. I personally run with Glyph of Holy Fire and Glyph of Inner Sanctum.

He needs to get rid of Divine Insight and pick up Power Infusion and macro that into his Spirit Shell rotation.

I'm guessing that's his Shadow gear. It's really difficult to tell what he's doing without seeing him in his actual gear, but...

Yeah. Atonement and using Prayer of Mending on CD for starters.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Maybe he could start by enchanting his gear?

Atonement is not as good in 25 as in 10, but there is a limit there. I don't see one single penance or holy fire done on the boss.

By the looks of it, your priest is stuck in 5.0 mindset that you need to use prayer of healing, which should never be used outside of spirit shell because it is crap.

If he does his job right, Prayer of Healing should never even be listed on his heals, because they should be only be done while spirit shell is active.

Also.. never use the glyph of pw: shield.. it's a hps loss.

BTW, he's not the only priest that needs help on this log. Any disc who doesn't have spirit shell as top heals is sleeping on the job on Jin'rok heroic.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Atonement on Jin'rokh double-dips when you're in the pool You absolutely should be healing with Atonement on that fight. :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Atonement on Jin'rokh double-dips when you're in the pool You absolutely should be healing with Atonement on that fight. :P

It is glorious.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Thank you for all the feedback gentlemen/ladies.

His Healing Gear is Gem/Enchanted, but I will inform him of the advice you have given.

Again, TY for looking at the log.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]