Ret rotation?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So, I am level 86 and am wanting to run Ret for questing until I hit 90 and can pick back up on holy. I have never played ret before, but I tried it in some dungeons and my dps was absolutely horrible. I have never done such low dps on anything at this level in my life.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441833

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t130889-ret_5_3_mop_retribution_concordance_retcon_who_ordered_mogugai_panda/

Rotations really don't exist anymore

But to answer your question, Ret is a basic priority system:

Inq > 5HP TV > ES > HoW > CS > Judge > Exo > 3-4HP TV

This might be a max dps priority, at least, that's what sims are showing. If you're just using Ret for the basics, there isn't much to it.
Maintain Inquisition and prioritize Holy power generators until 5 holy power, then TV on single target, 2+ targets Divine Storm

Cooldown use is basic, if you keep Holy Avenger, pop Guardian, wait about 10 seconds, and then pop Avenging Wrath and Holy Avenger together.
Follow the priority and TV every other global.

Stay in Seal of Truth for the most part, you can apply and maintain the DoT Censure ( it stacks to 5 ) on multiple targets.
Swap to Seal of Righteous past I believe 6 targets ( not sure if that even accounts for Censure multi-dotting )

Goodluck, but most of your dps problems could easily be gear related.
Edited by Carbuncle on 7/18/2013 4:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
CLCRet would be a good addon to pickup to help you learn and familiarize yourself with the Ret rotation.

07/18/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Carbuncle
Swap to Seal of Righteous past I believe 6 targets ( not sure if that even accounts for Censure multi-dotting )

SoR's now good on 4+ if not multi-DoTting; if you're rolling multiple Censures, it's something like 7+ before SoR overtakes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Inq > 5HP TV > ES > HoW > CS > Judge > Exo > 3-4HP TV

Except this will take effect at ludicrious gear levels. Hes only 86 for cryin' out loud.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Well, not having ES doesn't make the rest of the posted rotation any less accurate.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, not having ES doesn't make the rest of the posted rotation any less accurate.

Except Exo will take place well before Judgment, from 86 to well into ToT.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Not necessarily. It's the buff to Sword of Light causing the discrepancy, so it may hold true even at lesser gear levels, now; besides, with it being a very slight (~1%) difference, it would still be good idea to get into the habit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not necessarily. It's the buff to Sword of Light causing the discrepancy, so it may hold true even at lesser gear levels, now; besides, with it being a very slight (~1%) difference, it would still be good idea to get into the habit.

Really? You think at that gear level it makes any sort of difference? "Getting used to it" when you're never going to hit heroics at T16 is pointless, especially since the DPS difference is sub 1k.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It shouldn't take much for a low level/low gear rotation to match the normal one.

Most of what would make the difference is not being 90, spell scaling is still weirdish even at 88. But he's also already got a 450 weapon at 88 which would massively push his physical damage relative to spell damage. Compared to his weapon damage, his attack power is pretty low.
Edited by Cayse on 7/18/2013 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
07/18/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Criceto
heroics at T16

The flop in rotation comes long before T16, bud - it's happening now. Doesn't require heroic raiding, either; Exemplar has theorized it could happen as early at LFR ToT, and since you can get a 502 weapon without setting foot in LFR ToT I do think it is relevant to acclimate early.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 7/18/2013 9:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
heroics at T16

The flop in rotation comes long before T16, bud - it's happening now. Doesn't require heroic raiding, either; Exemplar has theorized it could happen as early at LFR ToT, and since you can get a 502 weapon without setting foot in LFR ToT I do think it is relevant to acclimate early.

Except in T16 heroic the difference is a mere 2k, before that its well below that mark. If you're pushing heroic content then by all means, do it. I myself am going to start soon since this little discovery. But to actually argue over a level 86 doing the "right thing" is pointless and quite frankly, arrogant and ignorant.
Edited by Criceto on 7/18/2013 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
...Arrogant and ignorant how, exactly? OP is wanting to do the best DPS possible while he's running as a DPS, and the provided rotation will likely give him that. The actual difference may be very small numerically, but he wasn't asking about that.

Really, it's you that is arguing needlessly, as your premise in no way really serves the OP's needs. Coming in to a thread and contradicting something with absolutely no proof other than "small difference" is far more arrogant and ignorant than anything I've said.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Do remember that lurkers vastly outnumber posters in almost all forums, including this one. Even if the advice is totally inapplicable to Holyhell (of which I am somewhat skeptical; his weapon damage-to-attack-power ratio is dramatically higher than mine, yours, Grognard's, or indeed any geared-out 90), it's very new information which has not yet become anything near common knowledge, and is reasonably likely to be valuable to some other player that happens to peruse threads with titles like "Ret rotation?"
Edited by Ravicana on 7/18/2013 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Check out this link, if you use CLCRet. If you don't, you should check it out. I've personally verified the rotation and considering I tend to outdps other rets up to 10 ilvls above me, I think it's pretty spot on.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/669-clcret/
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just download CLCret, it'll tell you you're rotation, you don't need to get super technical at all if you're just leveling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
CLCRet is a beautiful addon.
Edited by Unicornkitty on 7/22/2013 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]