My healing is terrible this Xpac

90 Human Priest
My healing is really low this expansion even to the point where I get removed from raids. My spellpower is only around 15k to 20k on recount and im ilvl is 494! I also run out of mana way to quick. You are more than welcome to check my armory. Please help!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Probably need logs to help you even more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You don't by any chance have any logs? If you don't and can't get any, maybe break down what you do in a raid setting to heal?

Are you mainly playing holy or disc? If you're holy, from my understanding they prefer mastery so some of your pieces could be reforged out of crit and into something else. You also have barely any haste (one hastebreak point for holy is around 4.3k but I forget the exact number and seem to fail at finding it), why are you reforging out of it and into crit? I would also drop the circle of healing glyph for light spring.

I only recently started holy again on my disc priest, so someone can probably comment with more info :3

- Veroicone
Edited by Sookeh on 7/22/2013 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
My healing is really low this expansion even to the point where I get removed from raids. My spellpower is only around 15k to 20k on recount and im ilvl is 494! I also run out of mana way to quick. You are more than welcome to check my armory. Please help!!!!!

If you are primarily Holy, your biggest problems are that you have 1% Haste, unenchanted items, and no meta.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
i play holy. I use renew, POM, and flash heal on the tank. I use Circle of healing, prayer of healing, cascade, and hymn on the raid group. for some reason my last log said atonement and mastery were my top healers (I don't even have atonement) so I am clueless at this point. I have always gemmed, enchanted, and reforged based on what I thought I was lacking in everytime I got a new piece of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well. You need to get some Haste. At the very least, try to hit 3039 Haste.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well. You need to get some Haste. At the very least, try to hit 3039 Haste.

Yeah that's really the main thing that I noticed, your haste is really low. I'd also try to replace the helm with something with sockets and enchant the rest of your gear.

Maybe the logs bugged out then? Is it an actual log as in WoL or recount that said it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
yes but how would haste increase my healing power and mana regeneration?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Haste DECREASES cast time and increases the speed of ticks from HoT spells, with enough haste you can also add additional ticks.
http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1613#stats

If you want more info on stats. Crit is very RNG for holy and some only prefer it for disc. What will increase you mana regen is spirit, replacing some gear, enchants, and gems.

How much healing were you actually doing in the raids that you were kicked from and what raids were you kicked from? If you had logs to post, it'd make it easier for people to see exactly what you are doing or not doing.

Edit: Fixed it >_> ty storm :D
Edited by Veroicone on 7/22/2013 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I was last in healing for MV 10, there were 3 healers. my healing always tops out at under 20k on the recount
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I do agree I apply crit every now and then because my healing power is so low and it really doesn't help. my main concern is people are healing more than I am at lower ilvls. I was almost always first on recount last xpac. this one I am ending up dead last even with better gear
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Haste *decreases* cast time...

Fixed that for you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/22/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Stormtides
Haste *decreases* cast time...

Fixed that for you.

oops :3 That's what I get for not paying attention :p

If it increased cast time everyone would reforge out of it :3

Do you know if anyone did logs for MSV?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
no, I was filling in for some other guild. the leader said sry but I really need someone with more healing for this. my heart sunk.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You really don't need three healers for MSV at this stage of the game. Even you overgear it a bit.

If the other healers were like, a disc priest and a monk - good luck catching up with that. :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There's not much anyone can really tell you then besides your stats, gems, enchants, and glyphs. You could always run a raid or do a LFR and record the logs yourself and upload them and link them here. LFR isn't really that great indication of healing (since you're basically overhealing the content) but it at least would give others an idea of your spell usage on a boss fight if you can't get into another normal raid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
for some reason my healing power and mana regen are way too low for my ilvl. I will change some glyphs and reforge for some haste. some of my gear now isn't done because I just got it recently. before this I had it all gemmed, enchanted, but I was still only getting 20k on recount when other people less geared are hitting 30k and 40k. I saw a holy paladin at 60k last night, granted he was well over my gearscore.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
FDCL is great in 5 man but I think you will find you get much more out of mindbender in raid. You never want to cast flash heal and that means you are in red chakra spamming smite to use it correctly. I do that with my raid team when we outgear content just because it is fun to change stuff up.

No one clicks on the lightwell, I would go with a different glyph or go with Lightspring instead of Circle of Healing (especially if you are having mana issues)

Enchant the rest of your crap.

7822 spirit is on the low side for Holy. I would go full spirit gems in your blue sockets till you get it up a bit more. Flask/Buff int, Gem spirit.

Jade spirit is better than windsong. It is expensive though. If you don’t have the cash I would spend it on your other enchants first.

Check your haste break points to see if you should glyph renew or not.

3 healing MV is overkill. Especially if the other two were close to your gear level. My raid group will do it with three healers and I spend most of the fights cooling my heels. (pun intended). How is your overheall? I am guessing it is high if you went OOM.

Make sure you coordinate your CDs with the group. Nothing makes you look as bad as having your Divine Hymn, which you just changed chakra, blew your trinkets, and your power infusion for getting sniped by a tranq.

Just guessing there, would need logs to see what is really going on.

Good Luck.

Edit: Spllin

Edit Edit: Ask Mr. Robot has the haste breakpoints and will show you how to get them. Don't just do what that site says, but you can quickly play around with the various breakpoints and make a decision as to which you want to hit.
Edited by Prideth on 7/22/2013 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You were also 3 healing content you could easily 2 heal, even 1 heal it :P Someone is going to get left in the dust some. It's low because of your gear and the other things mentioned.

Do you have any of the coins? Can use those in LFR to upgrade the gear that is lacking (for instance the blue trinket) and others. Your helm is 516, but it doesn't have any sockets on it. The tier 14 LFR helm is 483 but has sockets so you'd gain some spirit there. Or you can look into getting more valor gear (such as the trinket).

Do you also kill Nalak and Oondasta weekly for a chance at loot?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Edit Edit: Ask Mr. Robot has the haste breakpoints and will show you how to get them. Don't just do what that site says, but you can quickly play around with the various breakpoints and make a decision as to which you want to hit.

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

So does this, and it's far less confusing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]