My healing is terrible this Xpac

90 Human Priest
it seems like I am always leading in overheal and always low in healing. this is some good advice that I will definitely implement. I agree I think timing of spells is a big part but if I don't spam heal everything the rest do and if I do spam heal everything I am OOM very soon.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41
So does this, and it's far less confusing.

Why this is just spectacular.

Yea, go there
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
it seems like I am always leading in overheal and always low in healing. this is some good advice that I will definitely implement. I agree I think timing of spells is a big part but if I don't spam heal everything the rest do and if I do spam heal everything I am OOM very soon.

You also don't have the mana regen to spam heals and your haste is also low. What chakra were you also in during fights and did you change charkas?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I just started the isle of thunder patch. when I did MSV 10 and got kicked none of us were overgeared for it. I really don't have my choice of gear, if I can get something better I certainly will, but that doesn't explain why im getting outhealed by people with a lower gearscore and inferior stats.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I usually change chakra depending on the type of fight it is. whatever I think I can get more healing out of.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am totally confused about haste breakpoints
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What confuses you about them?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
everything
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That is not very descriptive :P What confuses you: the actual number you should aim for? Best way to get to it? Why you should get to it?

BP's have always been a part of WoW as far as I can remember, did you heal before now?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
yes but ive never even heard of haste breakpoints until now
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well they have always been a part of the game and you should have heard of them before now :P

Read the website people linked, but the first breakpoint for renew is 3039 try going for that.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
yes but ive never even heard of haste breakpoints until now

the Haste stat increases your spellcasting speed, but it also causes heal and damage over time abilities to 'tick' faster. For instance, Renew ticks once every 3 seconds for 12 seconds with 0 haste and as you gain haste, it will tick more often, but still only 4 times (so every 2.7s for 10.8s @ 11% haste, for example).

However, once you get enough haste that the new duration is short enough to fit another 'tick' in, you gain another tick and the spell goes back to the original duration. This is an hps / dps gain. For renew, if you have 12% haste (3039 haste rating if you have raid haste buff), you'll get 5 ticks in 12s.
Edited by Evry on 7/22/2013 1:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
it doesn't seem like that big of a difference
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I don't think that is why my healing is at 15k on recount and other people less geared are at 30k.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's one of many things that would benefit you to increase your throughput.

Without logs we can not tell you beyond what you could improve on beyond your stats/gear.
Edited by Veroicone on 7/22/2013 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
There are many helpful guides out there. I recommend Howtopriest.com as the best place for priesty info.

1. Gem and Enchant your gear. Int>Spirit>Haste to break point of choice (more important for ten man), Mastery all the things>Crit

I need to see your spell selection to know how to guide you further, or else write something so long you will not read it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1613
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I seem to think its just some characters are more effective than others. like a glitch in the game or something. like for example there are two exact equal healers same everything, but one heals for more and has better mana regen than the other simply because that is how the system does it. so one person get lucky and the other one gets the garbage.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I noticed that your gear has a lot of mastery, crit, but not much haste in the native stats, so I'm not sure if you can even get to the first haste breakpoint until you get new gear. At low haste (i.e, longer spell casting time), by the time your heal landed, other healers could have healed that person to full, which resulted your heals as over healing.

So, here is what I would suggest.

- Enchant all of your gear, but keep the gems as they are. Use +200 spirit for chest, and +haste for gloves and boots.
- Replace Glyph of Circle of Healing with Glyph of Renew
- Change "From Darkness, Comes Light" to Mindbender, and cast it every minute on CD
- Change "Cascade" to "Divine Star". While casting Divine Star, try to position yourself in a line with melees and the boss, and use this spell on CD or when the raid is stacked.

- Stay in Chakra: Serenity during light damage phase. Renew on those need heals, and Flash Heal only if the person is missing a big chunk of the health, so that your Flash Heal would have less chance of overhealing. Use Greater Heal only when having 2 stacks of Serendipity, and use it on someone missing a lot of health.
- Use HW: Serenity and PoM on CD, and CoH almost on CD unless the raid is topped off
- Do not use HW: Sanctuary, because it's not worth the mana it costs

- Switch to Chakra: Sanctuary during heavy aoe damage phase. First one, Power Infusion+PoH spam with PoM and CoH on CD; second one, Divine Hymn; third one, hopefully, Power Infusion is back off CD.
Reply Quote
I seem to think its just some characters are more effective than others. like a glitch in the game or something. like for example there are two exact equal healers same everything, but one heals for more and has better mana regen than the other simply because that is how the system does it. so one person get lucky and the other one gets the garbage.

No. This is not how it works. Not even a little bit. Read the guides that have been linked, or don't, as is your preference, but know that your low healing is a direct result of what you are doing, or not doing, not some "glitch in the game".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]