[PvE] Monk for a first time healer?

90 Goblin Death Knight
Hey all, I was curious. Looking to make my first healer in this game.

How would a monk be for introduction to the role of a healer? Is the learning curve hard? Whats the playstyle like? Looking for PvE help. I would be leveling this toon from 1-90 so yeah. Any help much appreciated.

Made this on monk forums no response as of yet. I made a post yesterday about what class is best for starter. I've come to a Monk and really think I want to try it just looking for quick tips or some veterans insights. PvE standpoint.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I have Priests, Shaman, Druid and Paladin healers, as well as a Monk. All of them can be fun. The easiest to me is the Holy Priest. Please understand that this kind of question is hotly debated. I know some who prefer Discipline Priest, or Pally and so on.

You need to look at your style. If you like getting in close and fighting along with your healing, then the Monk is good. I consider the learning curve a bit steep, particularly after 85 when Mana becomes a real issue. But until then I had great fun with it.

The Shaman Healer is a good entry healer, as it has some complexity, (Not much), it is well armored, and is not a melee healer like the Monk.

In the end, I recommend the Priest, either Dis or Holy. Simple to learn, fun to play and easy to level to 90.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Monks are fun, and you shouldn't have too much trouble picking up what you are supposed to do. If you have any questions, you can always post here, and we have plenty of Monks who can give you the answers you need. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Honestly, i dont think any healer is very hard to pick up.
More or less, you have 2 resources to keep track of instead of just mana... but thats just a means to make mana management easier imo (especially with tea leaves too)

Tangent over, i think any class yo want to pick up as a healer is fine. Monk included.
Edited by Zohoutz on 7/24/2013 8:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Best answer I can give: If you've ever played an enhancement shaman, a mistweaver monk is basically the healer equivalent of that. They can do the traditional caster heal, they can caster DPS heal, and can also melee DPS heal, and they can do it all on the fly (no shapeshifting required), just like an enhancement shaman. ;]
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]