ret dps

90 Dwarf Paladin
07/30/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Holenhiem
Already using CLC Ret. And the reason I am glyphed the way I am is because I adjust my

If you're using CLCRet, there is absolutely no good reason whatsoever to glyph Inq.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Timing your burst cds, is just as important as correctly executing your rotation. ClC has the burst rotation worng, unles you adjust it judgment is above cs during wings until you get the tot 4 piece. with sanctified wrath use goak and wings at the same time, delaying wings is only done with holy avenger.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
So going through these posts I realize I am still sorely lacking in the DPS department. Keeping in mind I have gone up 10+ ilvl points in the last 2 days (The gods of RNG saw fit to be nice), I haven't fully tweaked all my gear. Before I kill my bank account any further on something I may not need, is there anything I really do need to take care of? Other than getting Dancing Steel on my weapon. That enchantment's really expensive on my server each time I check for it and I kind of want to save it until I get a decently epic weapon. I'm also 1 card away from the relic of Xuen so I'm sure that will help.

Any helpful tips appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Any helpful tips appreciated.

Dump the purple gems for Lightning greens; you're almost 1% under hit cap. Red gem in pants should be an orange Fierce gem. Over expertise cap half a percent. Drop the Inscribed orange gem in your shoulders for a Quick yellow. Otherwise doing well enough. And, yes, hold off on Dancing Steel until you get a ToT weapon.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 7/31/2013 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I showed my face around here when my face decided it needed showing.... Now did you use 6 hunter shots or 5? Well frankly it doesn't matter cause this is the Voice of Quilen the most powerful gun in all of Azeroth, which can clearly blow your dps right off the charts, so you have to ask your self..... Do you feel lucky Punk? Well do you?!.... :P

That was directed at Repugnant, sorry for the confusion :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For being 490ish, doing 80k isn't bad, just make the changes that have been suggested.

As for the 519 that says dps is broken, you should be doing 110-115k without the 4p bonus. If you aren't then you have your gear/rotation/build messed up. When I was 515ish without 2p or 4p I was doing over 110k consistently. Got my 4p and my 522 weapon around the same time and jumped to 145k (520ish ilvl). I can consistently do over 150k now and typically lead my 10m group.

Filfa, your gear is nasty - so jelly. Do you remember how much your dps jumped when you got your back?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Filfa, your gear is nasty - so jelly. Do you remember how much your dps jumped when you got your back?

Roughly 10k over the duration of a typical fight
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Iv been working on my gear and when I run LFR on bosses I only pull about 70-80k dps. I feel this is low for my Ilevel. Iv been trying to get as much haste as I can.

Same here
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Same here

For starters, you have very few enchants and you need to clean up your gemming; should probably be gemming with a haste-bias at this point. Replace boot enchant, as hit enchants have probably out-lived their usefulness for the rest of the expansion.

Otherwise, 70~80k seems about right for your gear level. Finishing up that four-set would help substantially, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/01/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
Same here

For starters, you have very few enchants and you need to clean up your gemming; should probably be gemming with a haste-bias at this point. Replace boot enchant, as hit enchants have probably out-lived their usefulness for the rest of the expansion.

Otherwise, 70~80k seems about right for your gear level. Finishing up that four-set would help substantially, though.

Unless they mean the warrior... then stack that crit!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
08/01/2013 06:25 PMPosted by Filfa
Unless they mean the warrior...

I was referring to his Paladin - though that isn't to say that his Warrior is without its faults.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Dump the purple gems for Lightning greens; you're almost 1% under hit cap. Red gem in pants should be an orange Fierce gem. Over expertise cap half a percent. Drop the Inscribed orange gem in your shoulders for a Quick yellow. Otherwise doing well enough. And, yes, hold off on Dancing Steel until you get a ToT weapon.

This should be much improved, although I haven't had a chance to test it out. My raiding computer's monitor died. I re-gemmed and hit the reforges to get my Hit and Exp as close to cap as possible. So now I just need to bounce into a raid and see how much difference that may have made. I appreciate the advice offered.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah, definitely looks a lot better, though the overall improvement may be exceptionally minor to not noticeable. Stat -wise, Ret can be kinda slow to show improvement unless you gain a ton of useful stats at once. Dropping the purple gems for green gems and getting your caps under control should be quite beneficial, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]