Legendary Cloacks and Procs Feedback

90 Night Elf Druid
Really??!!!

It's that easy? It doesn't take 3 months of raiding Siege of Orgrimmar to get the legendary cloak? We can get the cloaks the day 5.4 goes live???

Actually, yes. We've spent almost a year on farming content in this quest chain. A big problem with the rogue legendaries in DS was that by the time most people on the chain got their daggers, the next xpac was right around the corner and they barely got to use them. In fact, we've spent more time on these legendaries than any other in the game, because we've been working on this since the moment we hit 90, not since the one raid came out.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't complain about number just yet-devs have stated they aren't into number tuning just yet, just mechanical changes.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The cloak proc mechanic is absolutely horrible for Hunters. Tied to the pet who will often spend time running circles around a target, repositioning itself (runs backwards then reengages the target and loses uptime,) and makes us more dependent on Blink Strikes to get our pet moving around to priority targets.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The cloak proc mechanic is absolutely horrible for Hunters. Tied to the pet who will often spend time running circles around a target, repositioning itself (runs backwards then reengages the target and loses uptime,) and makes us more dependent on Blink Strikes to get our pet moving around to priority targets.

Simplest tweak would be to make it proc on the target of the attack that triggered the proc, IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Don't complain about number just yet-devs have stated they aren't into number tuning just yet, just mechanical changes.
And Lore said on his twitter last night that the devs are almost ready for the number tuning.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Really??!!!

It's that easy? It doesn't take 3 months of raiding Siege of Orgrimmar to get the legendary cloak? We can get the cloaks the day 5.4 goes live???

Assuming you're all caught up on the quest, yes! You should be able to get your legendary cloak pretty quickly once Patch 5.4 hits.

The reasoning is simple: we want you to be able to use it for progression. Past legendaries (including the earlier bits of the Mists of Pandaria chain) have typically taken a pretty decent amount of time before you're able to get them. That's great for heading into the next tier (or finishing up the current one), but when the next tier is in a new expansion, it can leave them feeling a little... flat. You end up using them mostly for farm, and then you replace them once the next expansion hits and you outlevel them.

It also feels a little strange thematically. "We need to properly gear you for the fight against the Lich King so uh... go kill the Lich King!" Bit awkward, but required for gameplay purposes. A legendary doesn't feel terribly legendary if there's no effort involved in obtaining it.

So, since you've been working so closely with Wrathion over the course of the expansion already, it makes sense that he'd want to equip you properly for the final resolution of the Alliance vs Horde conflict -- before you set foot in Orgrimmar. And since you've put in so much effort up til this point (starting in patch 5.0 and continuing up through patch 5.3), we don't really need to add more.

We've obviously been experimenting a bit with how players earn legendaries in this expansion, so continued feedback (both on how you earn them as well as the actual legendary items themselves) is extremely valuable. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
@Lore

Is it possible to examine how the legendary cloak works for Hunters? Having it work as a frontal cone in front of our pets just seems to be working very wonky due to the nature of pet mechanics and AI.

Also, as brought up, it makes it odd as it uses an RPPM mechanic that is triggered by US but depends on the pet positioning to make use. This makes is extremely dependent on Blink Strikes to minimize pet travel time as we can easily lose procs entirely while the pet is in transit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
We've obviously been experimenting a bit with how players earn legendaries in this expansion, so continued feedback (both on how you earn them as well as the actual legendary items themselves) is extremely valuable. Thanks!

What are your thoughts on hunters being the only class in the game that still hasn't gotten a Best in Slot legendary weapon.
Edited by Paetheas on 7/26/2013 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
07/26/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Paetheas

What are your thoughts on hunters being the only class in the game that still hasn't gotten a Best in Slot legendary weapon.

What are you talking about, monks don't have one either
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
07/26/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Paetheas

Not relevant in any way.
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Verdash
Simplest tweak would be to make it proc on the target of the attack that triggered the proc, IMO.

This. So much this. All of this.

Proccing around the target = intuitive (hell, could even be implemented that way for melee classes without them seeing much change). Proccing around the pet = unintuitive.
Edited by Bor on 7/26/2013 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
[quote]What are your thoughts on hunters being the only class in the game that still hasn't gotten a Best in Slot legendary weapon.

except legendary sunwell bow?
Edited by Phie on 7/26/2013 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
07/26/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Verdash

You would still need a source for the frontal cone to work. The proc has a good AoE capability. I personally love the idea that your pet is your aim while you are the "caster". But yes, will have to see if our pet behavior makes us miss on some procs. Could the proc itself causes the pet to blink in melee if not already in place? Could the hit get delayed until your pet's got in range/is facing the right way before casting, without affecting the internal cooldown?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
07/26/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Phie
[quote]What are your thoughts on hunters being the only class in the game that still hasn't gotten a Best in Slot legendary weapon.

It wasn't BiS. Golden Bow + epic ammo was. But it's still not really relevant to this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage

Tbh I really like this system for legendaries. It takes away the guild-destroying drama that a legendary can be. It takes away the sadness, and dissappointment that comes with not getting the legendary while it's in it's current tier. It really takes away a lot of negative emotions and replaces them with fun happy feelings. To be simple about it.

I cannot wait to finally have a legendary while it's current, even if everyone has it I don't care. It's exciting and I cannot wait to get my hands on Xing-ho =P.

Although I am trying to get some testing done on the ptr with them (another person helping me, along with me getting my jadefire drape next week). However I do feel the damage for the cloak may be SLIGHTLY too low. I have to do a lot of testing to see still. It probably will end up being 2-3% of your dmg which isn't terrible and I guess asking for may be a little un-reasonable. But if it's 3% of say 250k dps I wouldn't be dissappointed.

I was thinking it could be better if they did 10k dps total. Would feel more legendary.

Once I actually get down and dirty with the testing and see some real numbers I'll go and rant from there =P

EDIT: Also when they say # tuning I don't think they meant the legendaries so much lol. I think lore more-so means the class #'s tuning. Who is doing too low of dmg buff x y and z spells. Who is doing too much nerf x y and z spells. Legendaries may be included, but I hope they only get buffed not nerfed =P.
Edited by Cherlloyd on 7/26/2013 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
07/26/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Phie

It wasn't as good as the Golden Bow of Quel'thalas, IIRC. Since it didn't use ammunition, it was reaaaally weak for Steady Shot (see: 90% of the Hunter rotation in BC.)

Ironically enough going by your class, it was BIS for Rogues, and the World First went to a Rogue.

Edit: On topic. Tank proc seems pretty weak in theory, maybe just use it to game vengeance a little by taking an extra soak of huge tank swap hit mechanics? Honestly would rather it have an "On Use" effect-- Make it an extra on demand cooldown or something. Renders you unkillable for X seconds and reduces damage taken by Y% for that time? I dunno, as it is, the Tank cloak seems like it will only proc in what is already a failure state, which seems pointless. Big risk of it proccing on a tiny damage hit (stagger tick lol). A bit underwhelming. DPS cloak needs to be able to crit too, by the by.
Edited by Qinglu on 7/26/2013 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I do have a question though.

Right now you can upgrade the i600 cloak to i608 on live.

If we get our legendary we are losing the stats from the i608 cloak back to i600, despite the fact we get a proc.

I feel like upgrading a legendary is...weird/wrong. Any chance of just buffing the stats to the i608 cloak and keeping the legendary i600?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I do have a question though.

Right now you can upgrade the i600 cloak to i608 on live.

If we get our legendary we are losing the stats from the i608 cloak back to i600, despite the fact we get a proc.

I feel like upgrading a legendary is...weird/wrong. Any chance of just buffing the stats to the i608 cloak and keeping the legendary i600?

Why not just buff the Legendary to ilevel 608 default? Item Level is determined by Itemization points, buffing the stats on the Cloak would just buff the item level anyway (it would simply be overbudget). Much more intuitive to just make it upgradeable or just up the level by default.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So if you can get legendaries in LFR, can we get Artifact quality weapons from hardmode raiding?

We can have all kinds of legendaries for everyone, and have Artifact quality items for less casual players.
Edited by Firestyle on 7/26/2013 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
57 Goblin Death Knight
Please make the ilvl of the cloak higher than the epic version plus the 2 upgrades, since we're upable to upgrade the legendary version.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]