Rate the Healers 5.4

90 Night Elf Monk
Well I have all 5 healers at my disposal and I'm trying to get my character add under control by just playing 1 in pvp and pve.

So I am curious how do you guys think how the healers are going to preform in 5.4 in both pvp and pve...right now I'm leaning towards playing my monk in pve and either my monk or my druid in pvp, I find Monk the funnest overall and will probably play him regardless but just curious to how fellow healers feel about how they will preform in 5.4 with the changes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Here are some topics from pages 1 and 2 that should cover what you're asking:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499701015

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499940972

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499900943

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499701164

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499940822

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499690692

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499910366

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499910452
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It's really hard to tell right now, because 25 man testing outside of LFR hasn't been done, and they haven't finished the changes.

As things stand right now, for PvE, it is looking something like

Shaman = Mistweaver = Druid > Holy Priest > Disc Priest > Holy Paladin
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It's really hard to tell right now, because 25 man testing outside of LFR hasn't been done, and they haven't finished the changes.

You're playing with bad Holy Priests. I've been beating the pants off of everyone in my tests. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You're playing with bad Holy Priests. I've been beating the pants off of everyone in my tests. >.>

It's easier to beat their pants off when they wear them on their heads. :)

(j/k, I have no idea the caliber of people you're playing with).

Unrelated: If I promise not to spam Efflorescing Rain Totems everywhere, can I has my glyph back please? D:
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/25/2013 09:15 PMPosted by Frozenorange

It's easier to beat their pants off when they wear them on their heads. :)

(j/k, I have no idea the caliber of people you're playing with).

Unrelated: If I promise not to spam Efflorescing Rain Totems everywhere, can I has my glyph back please? D:

I figure being able to beat two Disc Priests is a mark of valor!

Also: why are you not in mumble?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Also: why are you not in mumble?

Who's mumble? Never heard of her.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Plushie>Me>the rest
Edited by Taelaus on 7/26/2013 4:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Ok well change it up then, rate the healers in terms of fun factor

for me

pve

MW monk > Resto Shaman > Disc Priest > Holy Paladin > Resto Druid

pvp

MW monk > Resto Druid = Resto Shaman > Disc Priest > Holy Paladin

disclaimer - I have never played holy priest so I couldnt rank them

once again this is just fun factor
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Highly skilled player > Moderately skilled player > inexperienced player
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
At the end of the day I personally believe that a 'fun factor' is determined by player style and preference. At the end of the day I agree with the above statement:

Highly skilled player > Moderately skilled player > inexperienced player
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Blood DKs > Everything else
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
All I can say is that rdruids are going to be ridiculous.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid

That title has been claimed by Shaman for the moment.

Our MW could not raid effectively tonight, but you need to stick a couple >>> behind the Shaman on that ;) For now..

Our shaman is beast, but its pretty obvious some tuning is in order.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/29/2013 12:13 AMPosted by Fangthorn

Our MW could not raid effectively tonight, but you need to stick a couple >>> behind the Shaman on that ;) For now..

I think you need to put in a disclaimer that this only applies for the so-far three fights where there is stacking.

Otherwise, they're still going to be terrible.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
It's surprisingly mixed ATM.

I SUSPECT monks and D priests will make us all look like idiots considering the amount of movement+dot dmg fights and the amount of predictable incoming mass burst fights, but it's hard to tell so far.

Druid's playstyle has already been able to transition to a more monk style at the highest current gear levels and it clearly has no intention of reverting, so us druids have some strength too.

I think pallies have their fair share of fights that they'll cater to (as always). I think Holy priest is somehow scaling really well and may be comparable to resto druids (if not somehow stronger if in the hands of a godlike priest).

Shaman... they may be amazing or horrible, I really have no idea since nobody has been crazy enough to play one lately... especially in 10m. I do think shaman are going to have the largest 25 vs 10 discrepancy (I think they already do, maybe followed somewhat by holy priests?). It will be interesting to see how this new chain heal really affects them. I honestly think shaman may become the strongest 25m healer, but this is just random speculation really.

I have a lot of healing experience, but unless you're a master of all 6 specs or have witnessed masters doing seriously awesome jobs on certain fight mechanics, it's difficult to predict who will be the best. I really think it will be fight to fight, which is an amazing accomplishment by the healer balancing team over at blizz if it happens.

I think monks will reign supreme, but their changes also may not be finished :)
Edited by Gamex on 7/29/2013 1:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
07/29/2013 12:13 AMPosted by Fangthorn

With Shaman logs on PTR, you have to look at where overheal is. From the LFR logs I was looking at, overheal was in the 50% range with healing rain overheal lower than 60%. On live, that overheal goes up to ~75% and nearly 85% on Healing Rain. At normal overhealing rates, Shaman output sinks significantly more than that of other classes because it also means a massive amount less gain from mastery.

Whether we are overpowered or not is going to depend on
1. Is the overheal that low just because of the way damage is tuned in the new tier (which I doubt since these are LFR/flex raid tests)?
2. Is the overheal that low because there are healers that have no idea what they are doing and it will go way up with 6 competent guild healers?
3. Is the overheal that low because the Disc and Pally absorb nerfs really are leaving that much more to be healed?

We will have to see. There's no doubt that Shaman are likely to be the highest throughput 25 man healer on any fight where you can have 10+ people in a Healing Rain by a large margin, but that is the intent. They will be the weakest healer by a large margin when you can't use Healing Rain effectively or on high movement fights. That said, with how strong Shaman are when stacked, people might start skewing their strats to having people stacked wherever possible if the mechanics don't 100% prevent it, because having the raid stacked makes Shaman output so strong that you can probably use 1 less healer.

The first wing of SoO has 2 of the 3 fights this tier that have significant stacking (Protectors and Norushen) in it, so that is skewing the perception as well. Immerseus is a gimmicky fight that I can't see playing that well to any individual healer, because of the general positioning strat requiring there to be ~5 people in range of each healer at most, making all AoE healing sketchy.
Edited by Tiberria on 7/29/2013 3:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Monks are going to look weak on the PTR because the nerfs went through on the PTR but arent going to go through live, so they will be the same
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Frozen is a bad person
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid

I think you need to put in a disclaimer that this only applies for the so-far three fights where there is stacking.

Otherwise, they're still going to be terrible.

With Shaman logs on PTR, you have to look at where overheal is. From the LFR logs I was looking at, overheal was in the 50% range with healing rain overheal lower than 60%. On live, that overheal goes up to ~75% and nearly 85% on Healing Rain. At normal overhealing rates, Shaman output sinks significantly more than that of other classes because it also means a massive amount less gain from mastery.

Whether we are overpowered or not is going to depend on
1. Is the overheal that low just because of the way damage is tuned in the new tier (which I doubt since these are LFR/flex raid tests)?
2. Is the overheal that low because there are healers that have no idea what they are doing and it will go way up with 6 competent guild healers?
3. Is the overheal that low because the Disc and Pally absorb nerfs really are leaving that much more to be healed?

We will have to see. There's no doubt that Shaman are likely to be the highest throughput 25 man healer on any fight where you can have 10+ people in a Healing Rain by a large margin, but that is the intent. They will be the weakest healer by a large margin when you can't use Healing Rain effectively or on high movement fights. That said, with how strong Shaman are when stacked, people might start skewing their strats to having people stacked wherever possible if the mechanics don't 100% prevent it, because having the raid stacked makes Shaman output so strong that you can probably use 1 less healer.

The first wing of SoO has 2 of the 3 fights this tier that have significant stacking (Protectors and Norushen) in it, so that is skewing the perception as well. Immerseus is a gimmicky fight that I can't see playing that well to any individual healer, because of the general positioning strat requiring there to be ~5 people in range of each healer at most, making all AoE healing sketchy.

I was in a full guild group in flex. But then, like I said, he is beast and has already been using AG on half the fights in 5.2, so this was like Christmas morning for him... But all our healers rank over and over every week, it was a good measuring stick.

We were also able to easily stack on Sha of Pride BTW, only fight in the first wing our Shaman was somewhat gimped was Immerseus, and that takes spreading to about as extreme as it gets. I disagree with the general assertion that Shaman will be "the weakest healer by a wide margin" with any movement. Hyperbole. It is often far more subtle, with only reduced effectiveness, not the complete absence of it. Most of the time there is are ways to get HR/CH on melee or clumps. Immerses is about as extreme as it gets, with all the damage loaded in spikes when people are spread killl/healing adds. So that is 3/4 so far I have seen them way out front, with a couple that do require some movement and spreading at times.

That still does create a problem, having that large of a swing is bad design, but we already know that. I am just being real, I lobbied for Shaman buffs, but ultimately I want balance. The combination of buffs went past the mark from what I have seen.
Edited by Fangthorn on 7/29/2013 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]