Thoughts on best healer combo for 10m N\H

90 Worgen Warrior
I posted this over in Dungeons and Raids, this is probably the better place for it.

Assuming skill and gearing was the same (as it's the same player) Which is the current (along with a little 5.4 predicting) would be the better class to choice?

A Resto shaman or a Mistweaver monk to go with a Disc Priest and Resto druid ? Maybe the difference is too small to matter, at least for normals, maybe a little more clear for Heroics.
Guildmate is on the fence on which he likes better and which brings the best synergy to the group of healers. Is there a clear answer here, or is it pretty much too close to call ?

Thanks
Edited by Daleus on 7/26/2013 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I've little evidence to back this up, but this comp seems to work very well: Druid, Disc Priest, Paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Eh. Again, little data. I'm a bit biased but.

Raw Throughput Healer + Absorb Healer

Pick one each.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd replace Druid, with monk, due to monks having such great mana regain, and torpedo being a really great movement/aoe heal for free...(and they can stay in their heal gear and pull semi-competent dps while backing up the current healers)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd replace Druid, with monk, due to monks having such great mana regain, and torpedo being a really great movement/aoe heal for free...(and they can stay in their heal gear and pull semi-competent dps while backing up the current healers)

Of course you would. You monk you.

For 5.4 I'd run Priest Druid Shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
07/26/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Realish
I'd replace Druid,

Replacing isn't the goal. The Priest and Druid for all intents and purposes are the de facto pair, we're just looking at which options for healer #3 would work best. The fella coming in has been jumping back and forth figuring out which one he likes playing best, with the upcoming changes to Shaman in 5.4, he's thinking maybe that would be the best combo

I've little evidence to back this up, but this comp seems to work very well: Druid, Disc Priest, Paladin.

That for the most part has been one of our comps but the pally requested to be moved to part time status. We're casual like that.
Edited by Daleus on 7/26/2013 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Resto shaman all the way. Resto shaman cooldowns are godly when crap hits the fan and is the mastery. Also from a gearing standpoint, you get three healers on three different tokens in three different armour types.

I'm biased though. I two heal with a resto shaman (and three heal when necessary with another resto shaman). Double healing tide + double mana tide + double Ascendence, etc.

If you two heal some content and the healer you are adding is the swing healer, you may want to consider what the dps offspec is and how it fits in your raiding comp (windwalker vs. elemental or enhancement). Ranged dps is often favored, which is another point in favor of the resto shaman.

People talk about disc + resto shaman not playing well together. However, if someone drops unexpectely, I will always shield and the shaman will always cast a heal. The shield protects from death and the heal gets the deep healing mastery.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock

Pick one each.

Convenient that there's only one actual Absorb healer, eh?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
monk, pally, d priest

next tier might change a little ;)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Whatever you do, don't take a Gamex! He smells!!!!

>.>

<.<

*runs from Gamex*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Pick one each.

Convenient that there's only one actual Absorb healer, eh?

Oh I forgot Hpally's don't exist.
Reply Quote
I'd say a Priest that is comfortable with both Disc and Holy and a Resto Druid for your core 2 healer spots and then any third that can comfortably switch between a DPS and Healer role (any one would do but I would tend to lean towards a Shaman since it's easier to work in a flexible ranged than melee imo).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Whatever you do, don't take a Gamex! He smells!!!!

>.>

<.<

*runs from Gamex*

RRRROOOOOOARRRRR
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Disc and Druid is a pretty solid combo, and from what I can tell anything would be fine. I'd actually say it might depend more on the comp of you entire raid group.

If you don't have anyone else to take INT Mail, definitely a Shaman, which would also be able to partially gear up Elemental at the same time for an OS (HPally or MW would need a different set of gear, unless Disc+MW would add up to another pseudo-DPS). You say a Paladin is not an option, but hopefully INT Plate wouldn't go to waste. Also, is your Druid ok with sharing INT leather with a MW? They have different stat priorities I know, but sometimes there's not a whole lot of gear to pick from.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Druid and disc is a good combination, and will be more than enough for most fights. However, sometimes you'll need to bring a third healer, simply because the damage going out is simply absurd, or you need that extra safety net. I highly recommend shamans for that last spot, I've never seen any other class bring a raid from the brink of death like a shaman can.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, disc/mw'er combo can make 2/3 of a dps and have very good output. So tight dps checks they will win over any other combo.

If you are three healing it pretty much doesn't make a difference.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Shaman, definitely. I love having a shaman on the healing team, as they bring a unique set of buffs and CDs, and a well-played shaman can support Disc + Druid like few other classes.

Besides, I want Spiritwalker's Grace for all the running around that appears to be in store for us in 5.4. The monk's Fortifying Brew? Meh.
Edited by Pipikaula on 7/26/2013 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
RRRROOOOOOARRRRR

^.^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Monk because Blood Elves can't be shamans!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
One disc priest for sure. Better absorb than Holy Paladin by far. Lots of unique tools.

For the second healer, at the moment it really does not make any difference. Any will do. You probably want to avoid using holy priest just from gearing perspective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]