Lilapop's Sammich of Darkness (Healer OT)

90 Night Elf Priest
07/28/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Runtime
I think I'm ready to give up elvui.

What don't you like about elvui?

Certain aspects were clunky. I've since disabled a few bits and come up with this:

http://postimg.org/image/ws1vx3c4h/

Where my raid frames go on the left above my chat window. I think I'm happy with it. Elvui took up a lot of space on the screen, but now it's much better.
91 Night Elf Druid
Remember when we could go cat form and break 200k dps with heart of the wild as a resto druid in t14? :(

Rapture was a bug. They said it was a bug, and then never bothered to fix it. I think they didn't really know what to do with Disc Priests after they nerfed their mana regen (oh god, they were too close to Pally regen!) and gave them the capability to bubble bot.

Gotcha. I didn't really bubble spam that much in Wrath (I know it was effective, but I found it boring), but all that mana back on Infest was too good to pass up. I guess I figured it was intended, didn't realize it was a bug.

Ya I always thought that was just something you could line up back in wrath and was considered skillful play rather than a bug. I know in Cata it was removed (I remember learning it in beta 5 mans), but I didn't know it was turned back on for MoP early live T14!
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
It seems like the difference between glyphing and not glyphing is simply that your guild actually actively uses your spheres.

If you can make them do that with EHS, you can make them do that without EHS and be just as effective.

I'd have an easier time herding cats.

Gotta disagree with you on the glyph, the explosion adds up to 1-2 orbs being consumed on your parses, people will be guaranteed to run into more orbs on accident if they last 2.5 minutes longer on fights where the raid isn't completely leaving the area. Orbs are also built up over low damage periods to be consumed during larger damage periods. It's the only glyph that actually increases the amount of healing you do. Iron Qon and Ra-Den ending with a ring of orbs around the raid will always be upsetting though :(.

Also, how do your disc priests leave any healing to be done in phase 1 of Ra-Den? Our priest's spirit shell completely negates the orb explosions.
90 Tauren Priest
Gotcha. I didn't really bubble spam that much in Wrath (I know it was effective, but I found it boring), but all that mana back on Infest was too good to pass up. I guess I figured it was intended, didn't realize it was a bug.

I believe it was intended in Wrath, but it came back again out of nowhere in MoP Beta. For all of Cataclysm, Rapture was one shield break, then a percentage of mana returned. There was no gaming it, there were no multiple returns. In MoP, for no apparent reason at all, Rapture as it was in ICC came back.

I noticed it on Heroic Nefarion before T14 had been released, we were just joking around with our fresh 90's. I blanketed PW:S before an electrocute and had nearly OOM'd myself, the instant the attack triggered and my shields broke, I was at full mana. It was easily able to be replicated on fights in T14, especially Stone Guards, Elegon, Garalon, etc. Sadly, it was the only way to be competitive at Disc in 5.0 launch, and most Priests had not figured it out either. I don't think it was fixed until Disc got the overbuffs of 5.1.
Edited by Qùess on 7/28/2013 11:08 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Priest
07/28/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Qùess

I believe it was intended in Wrath, but it came back again out of nowhere in MoP Beta. For all of Cataclysm, Rapture was one shield break, then a percentage of mana returned. There was no gaming it, there were no multiple returns. In MoP, for no apparent reason at all, Rapture as it was in ICC came back.

It was never, ever "intended." Back when Ghostcrawler actually commented on things (remember the old forums? lol), he confirmed it was a bug. Then there was just silence on all fronts and they never addressed it until Cata.

Certain aspects were clunky. I've since disabled a few bits and come up with this:

http://postimg.org/image/ws1vx3c4h/

Where my raid frames go on the left above my chat window. I think I'm happy with it. Elvui took up a lot of space on the screen, but now it's much better.

Well, that's the purpose of the addon. You disable what you don't like, and keep what you do. You can also resize/move everything.
90 Pandaren Monk
I guess elv has always been fairly close to the way I would set up my ui by default. On my tanks I pick up threat plates. And i customize what is displayed on the raid frames but thats about it. I like the look of tukui better but I get too frustrated trying to get that set up that i usual give up.
90 Dwarf Priest
The lightwell is like having 15(or 17) healthstones for me to use. Think of it like a cookie jar disguised as a vase so that nobody steals the cookies in it.

I♥u.
90 Pandaren Priest
I guess elv has always been fairly close to the way I would set up my ui by default. On my tanks I pick up threat plates. And i customize what is displayed on the raid frames but thats about it. I like the look of tukui better but I get too frustrated trying to get that set up that i usual give up.

I was using Threat Plates, but they haven't updated in so long it was throwing LUA errors everywhere and I wasn't able to update TidyPlates (as threat plates don't work with the latest updates, since they haven't been updated). So now I just use the ElvUI nameplates.
90 Dwarf Priest
How do you people get elvui pink enough?
100 Pandaren Priest
http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r532/JrCheezTheKiyoshi/IMG_1540.png
XD
100 Night Elf Priest
I tried to set up Tukui and for some reason Clique wasn't working with it and I gave up. I'm not gonna spend 2 hours for an addon when all I need to be happy is Clique.
100 Pandaren Shaman
Anyone know where a newbie role leader would go for advice on how to make my fellow healers step up their game?
90 Dwarf Priest
Anyone know where a newbie role leader would go for advice on how to make my fellow healers step up their game?

Hmmmm. Guild and Raid leadership forums might be able to help you more. I never was much good at leadership.
90 Tauren Priest
It was never, ever "intended." Back when Ghostcrawler actually commented on things (remember the old forums? lol), he confirmed it was a bug. Then there was just silence on all fronts and they never addressed it until Cata.

Ah. I actually didn't play in Wrath so any information I have from pre-Cata is mostly just bits and pieces I've heard over time, never a complete story. That makes a lot of sense though, but greatly adds to my confusion as to how the bug came back suddenly years later.
100 Blood Elf Mage
I tried to set up Tukui and for some reason Clique wasn't working with it and I gave up. I'm not gonna spend 2 hours for an addon when all I need to be happy is Clique.

I ended up spending several hours on ElvUI one day, largely because I do think it can be very pretty, and my UI is a bit of a hodgepodge.

I got it to look pretty nice, but it never was quite right. I couldn't get some of my spells / indicators to look nice while simultaneously being in a place such that I could properly see them. Also, the cast bar was driving me crazy for some reason. My timing was way off for queuing up fireballs, refreshing DoTs, hitting procs. I lost like 20K dps. So I just ditched it.
Edited by Taymage on 7/28/2013 12:21 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Priest
07/28/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Qùess

Ah. I actually didn't play in Wrath so any information I have from pre-Cata is mostly just bits and pieces I've heard over time, never a complete story. That makes a lot of sense though, but greatly adds to my confusion as to how the bug came back suddenly years later.

My best guess is that they just broke something when they changed something else. The thing with complicated systems is that sometimes, you can change something completely unrelated to x, but it will break part of x.

You can see Blizzard's penchant for this in how often you will get "taints" from things completely unrelated to the Blizzard raid frames, yet they are all hooked back into the raid frames.
90 Dwarf Priest
You can see Blizzard's penchant for this in how often you will get "taints" from things completely unrelated to the Blizzard raid frames, yet they are all hooked back into the raid frames.

/giggle

taints.
90 Blood Elf Mage
07/28/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Winnifred

/giggle

taints.

Ahem.
90 Dwarf Priest
GAAAAAAH! I am having an attack of feels!
100 Pandaren Priest
hmmm...for once I actually feel happy
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]