Abilities that you can buy

(Locked)

20 Worgen Warrior
Im fairly new to the game. (December 2012) and i was browsing WoWwiki and i was looking at hunters. I have a level 16 Hunter. It said that you could BUY a skill named Raptor strike at lvl 6. I do not know how to buy it, and it is nowhere in the skill book. No patch notes say it was deleted. Same with Disengage
Raptor strike (and other melee abilities) were removed with patch 5.0, more than a year ago. Learning abilities from class trainers was also removed (abilities are learned automatically as you level now). Noone uses wowwiki anymore, it is horribly out of date and has not been updated in a long time. You should use wowpedia instead.
Edited by Vralok on 7/25/2013 8:51 PM PDT
20 Worgen Warrior
Thx. But what about Disengage? All lvl 15 hunter talents mention it and i still dont have it.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, no one's had to purchase spells since Cataclysm was released (iirc, I'm too lazy to look it up right now).

If you have questions specific to a class you want to play, you'll want to post in the class forums. For general "Help, I'm a noob!" questions, you should take a gander at the NPH&G forums here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011644/
Disengage is learned at level 14 now. Are you sure you aren't just overlooking it?
20 Worgen Warrior
Ill double-look. thanks for the feedback
20 Worgen Warrior
Yeah i got it in my book. Wish it was in the order you learn them, not in alphabetical order
90 Night Elf Hunter
Mungaar, wowwiki is sadly out of date on many things. WoWpedia.org is much more up to date on the basic info. :)
90 Undead Rogue
Yeah i got it in my book. Wish it was in the order you learn them, not in alphabetical order

Wowwiki is really out of date, just btw. wowpedia is where all the writers went and is a much better resource now
Edit: beaten to it!
Edited by Keltori on 7/26/2013 3:43 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
Two things (they've both been mentioned, but I wanted to make sure it was clear):

1: Wowwiki is an obsolete site. Yes, there are still a few people updating it, but the majority of the writers/maintaners of it went to Wowpedia instead. Wowpedia is a more reliable site, and has official fan site status with Blizzard whereas Wowwiki does not.

2: When patch 4.0 was released (shortly before Cataclysm), the concept of purchasing abilities was removed from the game. It used to be that you had to visit your class trainer every 2 levels (every level above 60) to train new skills or new ranks of skills. With Cataclysm, all abilities are now automatically given to you as you level. Every time you level, the game will inform you of any new abilities you've learned with a splash notification as well as a notice in the chat window.

Welcome to World of Warcraft!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]