5% haste buff and resto druids.

Ok,so my 10m group has a hunter who is currently going Survival spec for the haste buff since we have 2 resto druids healing in our core. 1 just so happens to be new and undergeared.

So here's the issue. The hunter wants to play BM. The dps is higher(looking at sims it's about 10k higher in heroic gear) however that would drop our haste buff.

Personally with a Lock/Mage/and two druids I would think the haste is more important.

Let me also add we are NOT anywhere near enrage timers,and ironically we're having trouble on megara.

Having the druids regem/haste for 5320 seems crazy. So what do we do here? Have the hunter continue as survival or go bm and reforge into haste or also maybe drop haste down and go heavy with mastery.

Idk,it seems clear to me that in progression 10-20k on one person isn't worth more than 5% haste for the fire mage and two druids.

Give me your thoughts. (sorry for the wall.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Why can't he go BM and still bring a Sporebat?
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
Sporebat?

Best pet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/26/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Suntia
Sporebat?

Best pet.

My love for Sporebat is legendary.
Reply Quote
Says it's a dps loss to run a sporebat over his worm or whatever he's running. Like 4% or something.

He says he's definetly gonna run BM on the next few fights,and I don't know it's just gonna screw the druids over with reforging and gemming.

[Edit] Also Paladin is putting out mastery buff. Only buff we are really missing is Melee haste,but with only me (fury warrior) and a feral dps i'm not too concerned with that. (my dps is more than fine.)
Edited by Thisguytanks on 7/26/2013 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Says it's a dps loss to run a sporebat over his worm or whatever he's running. Like 4% or something.

All hunter pets in the same spec have the same damage. If your Hunter specs the sporebat as Ferocity, there will be no dps loss.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
It might be that he needs an exotic pet as BM. IDK.

But you're spot on when it comes to how important 5% spell haste is. It makes a staggeringly huge difference for resto druids. Don't give him a choice about the Sporebat.
Edited by Dreamling on 7/26/2013 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

He says he's definetly gonna run BM on the next few fights,and I don't know it's just gonna screw the druids over with reforging and gemming.

[Edit] Also Paladin is putting out mastery buff. Only buff we are really missing is Melee haste,but with only me (fury warrior) and a feral dps i'm not too concerned with that. (my dps is more than fine.)

Tell him to run a Sporebat, or find someone who will bring the 5% haste buff. He's lying.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Shaman
There is no difference in the dps from pets. Saying he will lose 4% dps is because of the 10% melee/ranged haste buff his serpent is giving to himself and the melee.

You will have to factor how much dps is loss from the melee and hunter will loss vs caster dps lost and resto druid healing. So 10% melee/ranged haste vs 5% spell haste.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Sounds like your typical huntard - more worried about personal dps than helping the raid out as a whole.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Your healing and your casters damage is a lot more important than his supposed 4% personal DPS increase. Raiding is a team sport, and he needs to be a team player.

Assuming Resto Druids haste breakpoints are anything like my own Holy breakpoints, he's completely screwing them over by not bringing that buff.
Edited by Illu on 7/26/2013 9:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Kick him and get a shadow priest. The druids will not only get the haste buff, but one will get Leap of Faith, and the raid as a whole will get an extra Tranquility.

Maybe if the hunter realizes how inferior he really is when compared to a shadow priest, he will get a sporebat. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Kick him and get a shadow priest. The druids will not only get the haste buff, but one will get Leap of Faith, and the raid as a whole will get an extra Tranquility.

Maybe if the hunter realizes how inferior he really is when compared to a shadow priest, he will get a sporebat. ;)

Spriest tranquility is trash. It's just flat-out not worth using.

But I agree with this, replace the hunter.
Reply Quote
Ok what's the benefit to bringing an exotic pet? Is that where his dps is dropping?

I hate making a big deal out of things like this,especially when i'm not even the healer.
It just seems important because we have TWO resto druids and I know how they gem/reforge for the haste breakpoint.

I'm trying to justify the exotic pet part,we don't need the lust,got mastery covered as well.

So do exotic pets just hit harder?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2013/03/hunter-pet-buffs-list-the-best-hunter-pets/

The only benefit to an exotic pet is that the pet could give the stat buff, stam buff, blood lust, or brez, depending on which pet the Hunter brings. You have a mage, a lock, and 2 druids, those are already covered (if imps still give the stam buff).

Edit: exotic pets do the same damage as regular pets.
Edited by Elyssyra on 7/27/2013 4:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
(if imps still give the stam buff).

Imp is no longer necessary the stam buffed is baked in with the spell power buff from warlocks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
He really just needs to be bringing a sporebat. If he refuses, drop him for a spriest/elem shaman.

Having two healers significantly gimped for the sake of personal DPS is terrible, let alone two healers and two DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I'm still trying to figure out why he thinks he has to go survival to bring a sporebat.

(P.S. 5% Spell Haste >>>>>> 5% Melee haste)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How can this even be up for discussion? Of course he should bring whatever buffs the raid. The little hunter in my 10man asks me what pet he should run to optimize buffs, make him fear your wrath :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
worm actually does bring slightly more dps since it has a aoe damage ability
but honestly make him get a spore bat or boot him and get a spriest since a spriest is far superior
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]